• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vtec supposed to kick a little?

Drove my friends '05 s2000 and when that car hits around 6500 rmps the vtec really kicks in and you can feel the car kick/boost a bit. its a rush! :biggrin:

I noticed that the NSX doesn't have much of a kick/boost when it hits vtec at around 5500rpms. its almost non-existent :confused: . is it cuz the engine is "too" smooth? or are we not supposed to "feel" anything? is this correct or do i need to get my engined checked out? thanks,

Ed

The NSX engine should feel smooth all the way to redline. There is no "kick" like an S2000 or Civic Si. Your car is fine. If you want some kick, throw a BBSC on there. :)

Agreed. From what I've read, the NSX's VTEC system was tuned to provide more power at the low end and have a smooth transition to VTEC. As you noticed, the S2000 and (and Type-R) has more of a noticeable transition when transitioning into VTEC, especially audibly. My NSX doesn't exhibit any particularly obvious change when entering VTEC range - Just more power and noise as the revs increase.

NetViper said:
The NSX engine should feel smooth all the way to redline. There is no "kick" like an S2000 or Civic Si. Your car is fine. If you want some kick, throw a BBSC on there. :)

BBSC :eek: I thought you are all CTSC guy :biggrin: :smile:

Kirthasa said:
Agreed. From what I've read, the NSX's VTEC system was tuned to provide more power at the low end and have a smooth transition to VTEC. As you noticed, the S2000 and (and Type-R) has more of a noticeable transition when transitioning into VTEC, especially audibly. My NSX doesn't exhibit any particularly obvious change when entering VTEC range - Just more power and noise as the revs increase.

True :wink:

no, no kick, somehow I liked it that way, as it's like hitting a drug that just pull you deeper and deeper as it approach redline...

PS. besides the FI, the regular I/H/E upgrade will give you a lot more pull towards redline, and you can basically seeing the rpm pulling faster as it work harder...very toxicating....

S2k had too low torque that before the VTEC engage, the rpm climb way slow so you get the feeling of boost... but your freind's 05 supposingly has more than the original ones.

Back