• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are the best door speakers to use?

pyle is just that a Pyle of crap

I don't know... it sounds pretty good in my car... :confused: Maybe I just don't have the aural sophistication to hear the difference in clarity between $2000 speakers and $200 speakers. :wink: In all seriousness though, I always shop speakers on specs and by actually listening to them. Sometimes the cheaper ones sound better than the expensive ones. They just do. The Pyles met my requirements for fitment, power tolerance, frequency response and construction material. Plus, my dad put a set in his car and they sounded decent.

The component set plus the 8" sub all came to about $100 street (about $300 retail). When tuning at the installer's, I ran one of my old Bass 305 CD's through it to test highs/lows. We were all stunned at how good it sounded. Bass is clean and crisp. Highs are clear. The high/mids are really bright (agree with CL65 on this), and my HU only has a 3-level EQ, but it adjusted out ok. With a full EQ, these speakers would sound perfect. But, I didn't buy the NSX to enter into stereo competitions. I bought it to listen to the music of 8000rpm VTEC. :D Still, the installers (who are a very high-end shop) could not believe these "cheap" Pyles were putting out this quality sound. Maybe it's the old school a/d/s amp, but whatever it is, I'm happy with the result.

I don't mean to imply that the more expensive solutions won't work. I'm sure they sound awesome and probably better than mine. Still, if anyone in the NYC/LI area wants to listen to my "Pyles of crap", let me know.

... So I am thinking of going with the Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS mentioned above over the Diamond Audio HEX series earlier which is my reference set (had them in the s2k, really liked them...)

Anyone want to talk me out of it?

... So I am thinking of going with the Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS mentioned above over the Diamond Audio HEX series earlier which is my reference set (had them in the s2k, really liked them...)

Anyone want to talk me out of it?

I have the Pioneers and really like them so far, however I'm still using the factory radio with a Alpine PDX4.100 amp to drive them. I think they'll sound much better once I change out the Headunit with another one. . that's to come. . .

We're all enthusiasts.. and we all know a little bit about everything (except me I don't know squat about car audio).

Does anyone here actually work in car audio??? If so, those are the people I'd like to hear about a (skip low end, you own an NSX!) mid-level system recommendation and a high-end system recommendation. Perhaps, it would be good idea to create different listener "profiles" that one can identify to, etc. That would simplify things for those looking to be pointed in the right direction.

I like the head unit that came with my car but the speakers sound just awful.

We're all enthusiasts.. and we all know a little bit about everything (except me I don't know squat about car audio).

Does anyone here actually work in car audio??? If so, those are the people I'd like to hear about a (skip low end, you own an NSX!) mid-level system recommendation and a high-end system recommendation. Perhaps, it would be good idea to create different listener "profiles" that one can identify to, etc. That would simplify things for those looking to be pointed in the right direction.

I like the head unit that came with my car but the speakers sound just awful.

I used to be really into car audio, but have since focused more on my career so I have lost a lot of the technical knowledge about the subject...... but having said that, I think I'm just going to go with the Science of Speed's Audiophile Stage 1 system since its a drop in system and its a tried and true kit. I'm not sure if I would be able to put together a better kit for the price with all the components involved.

I'm going w/ the coaxial speakers so that I don't have to cut any holes in my dash or door panels.... :smile:

Back