• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you guys think about this?

BD

Legendary Member
Got notification from Japan this will be out very soon. It is the F430 style gauge face. I'm waiting for more detail, but I hope they're not talking about only the tach face.

Also a new front strut tower is almost ready for LHD vehicle. I will post pictures soon.

I need some feedback for my friend in Japan.

Last edited:
FYI: Nomenclature

The front strut tower is the structural section that houses the strut where it bolts onto and into the vehicle. It is a welded component of the apron/side member assembly which the NSX parts book calls a "frame".

This component is getting very hard to get from Acura. At present, I have waited over six weeks to get one for a car at the shop.

I think in RED could look SICK + it breaks the IN YOUR FACE ferrari look ,,, In red ....
Oscar

EDIT: removed image in respect to Vance :)

:O

Last edited:
Got notification from Japan this will be out very soon. It is the F430 style gauge face. I'm waiting for more detail, but I hope they're not talking about only the tach face.

Also a new front strut tower is almost ready for LHD vehicle. I will post pictures soon.

I think they look awesome! Really wakes up the look!

I removed the pictures at the request of the vender. He need a little more time before posting the pictures of final product.

So how soon is "soon"? I really really like these.:smile:

I think it looked REALLY cool... but it's also a complete and obvious Ferrari rip-off... which gives me mixed feelings. I'd say do any color BUT yellow.

I guess copying is a form of flattery, but I'd feel kinda weird about it. The NSX-R gauges are pretty cool in their own right and way more JDM. I'd rather see more copies of those.

Just my opinion.

curses, I didn't get a chance to see the pics before they were taken down. However, if they happened to look like actual F430 gauges minus the yellow, it could be pretty cool.

I will pretty much subscribe to any and all threads regarding replacement gauges, because they are the one thing I dislike most about the interior...

curses, I didn't get a chance to see the pics before they were taken down. However, if they happened to look like actual F430 gauges minus the yellow, it could be pretty cool.

I will pretty much subscribe to any and all threads regarding replacement gauges, because they are the one thing I dislike most about the interior...

It looked like the stock nsx gauges, PLUS the yellow (tacho)

Lets see some photos damn it!!!

The picture I had was a prototype. I was ask to remove it until the production type is out. I think they are doing some else to it.

I'll post the picture soon.

I also got the word the face is for tach only, just like the F430.

The picture I had was a prototype. I was ask to remove it until the production type is out. I think they are doing some else to it.

I'll post the picture soon.

I also got the word the face is for tach only, just like the F430.

I don't want to poo poo on anyones parade but since your asking for opinions, i saw the photo and boo to this item. I thought it looked silly.

I'm all for doing something different with the gauge cluster but imo this idea is not an improvement.

Correct me if i'm wrong here but isn't the tach centered and larger than the speedo in a f430 gauge cluster?

It looks cool on a Ferrari because the entire cluster is designed around the tach. The NSX's cluster is not, its symmetrically designed and the photo looked unfinished because it was not. It looked half finished.

You could achieve the same goofyness by just adding one aluminum trim ring around the NSX's tach. It would be an easier install too:tongue:

Now if your friend has some other design ideas i would love to see them. This one just didn't look right to me.

I also don't think it would flow too well with the design. First off, you're saying that you'll have one red gauge face while the rest are the normal black? I like symmetry and this will not work out too nice, IMO. If you're going to do red gauge faces, why not make all of them red?

I also don't think it would flow too well with the design. First off, you're saying that you'll have one red gauge face while the rest are the normal black? I like symmetry and this will not work out too nice, IMO. If you're going to do red gauge faces, why not make all of them red?

If you make them all red... what would the 'Redline' be then? :tongue:

My 1st thought when I saw the gauge was, nice something different. Didn't actually thought of it as a Ferrari 'thingy'. It could be easily look like any other car's gauge as far as I'm concern, and my car will always be a Honda not any wannabe.
Anyways, looking forward to whatever colors they're producing.

Yep, you have a point. :biggrin:

I'm just saying, to have one gauge face be a different color might be strange.
If you make them all red... what would the 'Redline' be then? :tongue:

My 1st thought when I saw the gauge was, nice something different. Didn't actually thought of it as a Ferrari 'thingy'. It could be easily look like any other car's gauge as far as I'm concern, and my car will always be a Honda not any wannabe.
Anyways, looking forward to whatever colors they're producing.

Back