• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is your daily driver!?

2013 Audi S6 w/ APR Tune / 563HP and 627TQ. Rainy days and all winter - 2000 Honda CRV.....which makes for a very long winter. LOL

You dont drive your all wheel drive sedan in the rain or winter....dafuq

Wow, none are driving hybrid! My DD is a 02 Insight, love that hybrid, socal gas is around $5/gal.
You're not alone...
This is one of the first six hybrids registrated in Europe ever: 30.3.2000. Love it since 5.5 years! I've two of them.
K800_IMG_1594.JPG

I could never bring myself to drive it in the salt/brine and snow. I know their quattro system is amazing but it has many benefits in the dry too, especially with the amount of torque it puts down.

I could never bring myself to drive it in the salt/brine and snow. I know their quattro system is amazing but it has many benefits in the dry too, especially with the amount of torque it puts down.

lol i jus swear to this day that my RS6 was the best rain cruise missle ive ever driven, even ovr my Q7s

I have a pair of '03 RS6's that I alternate between summer and winter driving. There's nothing that comes close to it for performance and driveability in the my part of the world for winters with a set of good quality winter tires on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 736
Last edited:
I have a pair of '03 RS6's that I alternate between summer and winter driving. There's nothing that comes close to it for performance and driveability in the my part of the world for winters with a set of good quality winter tires on it.

yessssss

I drive a 2000 Honda Accord LX with 214,000 Miles on it. It is the exact opposite of the NSX.

I am always watching the weather to determine sunny days for NSX driving. During the winter the NSX and our 2000

View attachment 126827View attachment 126828 70 will reside in our garages under covers with Trickle Chargers.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/807327e5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

08 m3, as my signature says. it's kind of a stupid dd,getting about 12 mpg and with $200+ oil changes (9 liters of ~$15 "special m oil"), but it sure is fun. it's a 414 hp,8400 rpm v-8.

I drive a 2008 E90 M3 6MT as my DD as well and to be honest, i think its the Best DD car ever! You must like revving the M3 a lot because i do almost 100% city driving and my average is around 18-19mpg (which is pretty ok for the m3 ;D) Did you have a chance to update your m3's OEM software to the latest 240E? 2008 M3 comes with 80E which is a pretty outdated OEM software. Once you update it you will get better mpg, and smoother engine response and shifts (yes, even shifts better in the 6MT, rev matching is also more delicate feeling). It doesn't make more power per say, but you'll definitely be able to tell a difference.

If you haven't, do a search on m3post.com/forums.

And for oil changes, just DIY lol. I use M1 0w40 for DD as 10w60 oem oil is pretty overkill. Take a read on m3post as well for those discussion. Cheers!!

I drive a 2008 E90 M3 6MT as my DD as well and to be honest, i think its the Best DD car ever! You must like revving the M3 a lot because i do almost 100% city driving and my average is around 18-19mpg (which is pretty ok for the m3 ;D) Did you have a chance to update your m3's OEM software to the latest 240E? 2008 M3 comes with 80E which is a pretty outdated OEM software. Once you update it you will get better mpg, and smoother engine response and shifts (yes, even shifts better in the 6MT, rev matching is also more delicate feeling). It doesn't make more power per say, but you'll definitely be able to tell a difference.

If you haven't, do a search on m3post.com/forums.

And for oil changes, just DIY lol. I use M1 0w40 for DD as 10w60 oem oil is pretty overkill. Take a read on m3post as well for those discussion. Cheers!!

i think it's a great dd,too,i was mostly joking about the stupid part because some aspects of it are kind of expensive.it's an outstanding dual purpose car,fairly luxurious and comfortable and with amazing performance when you want that.i do like to rev it but do a lot of city driving,too,and am amazed you get that good gas mileage.i did update the software to 240E a couple years ago,but didn't notice much improvement in mileage.i did notice the increase in smoothness. a v-8 with an 8400 rpm redline is a fun beast to have.

Last edited:
That is an awesome story. How do the 911 and NSX compare?

Sorry I missed this earlier. Not really a fair comparison as my 991 is a 20 yr newer design than my 1991 NSX. Most reviewers thought the NSX to be superior to the 911 of that era, ie, the 964.

Despite the 20 yr difference, I will say that the cars share some design philosophy, ie, brilliant sports cars with luxury/GT interiors. The fact that the 991 was larger and more luxurious than it's predecessor, the 997, resulted in lots of criticism from the cognoscenti. The 991 will be compared to the new NSX, but even that comparison misses the mark. The new (hybrid) NSX is closer in design to the 918....at about a quarter of the price:rolleyes:

Spyder

I have an 03' Audi RS6 that I DD

Well, it's happened again. Just when I thought the old Avalon had enough issues (steering vibration, wet rear passenger floor, clunk over bumps) I found out all that was needed was new tie rod ends, new struts and a new body plug. Looks like I am stuck with this seemly bullet-proof driver for a few more miles.

Those Toyota Avalon's are remarkable. Wife has had an 05 Lexus ES330 (same as Avalon basically) and the thing has been awesome - have never had a mechanical issue whatsoever. I'm on my 2nd Highlander for DD - these things just run and run and run. Lots of space and creature comforts. But, occasionally take the C4 Corvette to work, as well as the NSX. Just to mix things up a bit - nice days and hopefully no rain or traffic!

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,020
2012 Alpina B7 SWB xdrive

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 437
Fiat 500e Sport

I love my DD. it's the perfect complement to the NSX. Silent, comfortable, and plenty zippy around town. In fact, with the instant torque of the electric motor, I'm convinced that it can out accelerate most super cars... for about 1 foot. :wink:

sj8W9jE.jpg

Last edited:
attachment.php

2011 Honda Pilot Touring is my daily. Although I have been driving the NSX to work more often lately.

Attachments

• IMG_8520.jpg
    IMG_8520.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 709
Last edited:
Back