• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is your daily driver!?

Uhm. Is intrigued really the word you meant? I guess everyone is entitled to different tastes... And id never fault you for liking a car, even a complete snoozer like that... But "intrigued' is not a word id ever use to describe any reaction to that car

I understand where you would think the Insight is a snoozer. It's got a face only a mother could love. It came from a time when Honda was making innovations in the car industry. I'm of the opinion that Honda kind of lost there way over the last ten years or so. I think that they are now trying to find there way back and make some exciting cars. There is a bunch of technology in the Insight that, for me, makes it intriguing. Try one out.....you might like it.

/15 Audi A6 3.0T (cold weather package, sport package, Bose, LED headlights) that replaced my beloved /06 TL that I had for 9 years/140,000 very trouble-free miles -- best car I ever had. Sold to friend and I see it every few weeks -- wishing I kept it but he really needed a car. I am penning a letter to John Ikeda about the old TL and reasons why I defected to the Audi camp (love the A6 and it is a different class of car than the TL but I was not happy to leave the Acura family -- TLX sadly nowhere near as good as the old TL -- too small, wonky automatic trans and the FWD version handled like crap, and then no spare tire unless you buy the kit?? Ugh.). At least I still have my NSX and I'm under no illusions -- Audi does not = Acura and once warranty over on the A6 I hope to move back to Acura. I don't want to be around for the inevitable Audi post warranty issues (although the A6 3.0T is reputed to be reliable) and Audi's very arrogant/stingy attitude as regards post warranty goodwill assistance to its customers.

Best,
Jeff

2006 Ford Fusion V6. Unremarkable yet very competent and reliable. And unlike some of the guys on this thread who drive surprisingly nice cars every day, I'm unconcerned about the milage accumulation on the odometer.

2013 Acura ILX 2.4 6-speed manual
160,000 miles

ilx_in_sedona.jpg

Motorcycles make great DD in good weather - but hard to justify in bad weather.

We recently picked up another s2000 ~ they are amazing DD as long as you don't need a large trunk or carry people.

I sold my Acura TL daily driver a bought a 2009 Audi S6 with the Lambo based V10, 5.2 Liter, 435 HP engine. In a straight line it is reportedly 1/10 of a second slower from 0 to 60 than my NSX, according to I believe Car & Driver.

attachment.php

Attachments

• _D8C7985-(ZF-2858-86813-1-001) - Copy (2).jpg
    _D8C7985-(ZF-2858-86813-1-001) - Copy (2).jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 605
Last edited:
Not really my daily, but the newest addition to the fam.....
2015 428i M-sport

41936458334_8a70b24578_k_d.jpg

40846315180_b227751d8a_k_d.jpg

Just came across this topic.

Actually, my daily driver is very simple, a Honda Insight with the IMA Hybrid drive from 2009.
Really like that car, very comfortable and fuel efficient. In many ways the opposite of the NSX but of course much, much cheaper to run. Which is exactly why I got it. Bought it in (2nd hand) in 2016.

timely bump...after 16 years I am giving up my faithful landcruiser for a pos dodge:eek:

Back