• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Speaking of great lease deals, our friend just pointed us to the 2017 Audi R8 which is a direct competitor to the NSX and here's what Audi is doing:

2017 R8 at $181k MSRP

36 month lease, 5000 miles per year

$10k down + inceptions

$1725 month plus taxes

As the number of buyers rapidly declined for the first gen NSX, Honda never lowered the price. Instead they massively lowered production. However it's clear that they were still producing more cars than they could actually sell at MSRP. When they didn't have enough buyers they forced many dealers to buy at least one NSX, even if the dealer didn't want to. Thus for many years you could buy an NSX for significantly below MSRP.

But with the new NSX all cars are made to order, so there should be no extra cars made. That leaves the dealers as the big unknown variable. Will participating dealers be forced to periodically buy a car? Or will many dealers choose to voluntarily buy one for the purpose of having a halo car sitting in their showroom? If so I can see the extra cars bought by dealers increasing the supply beyond the MSRP demand.

For these reasons I don't see this car ever getting as heavily discounted below MSRP as the original NSX was. Although I do believe that whatever discounting is coming, it will arrive sooner than it did for the original NSX. The first year demand for the new car is obviously not as high as it was for the original.

all new NSXs are not made to order. have you not seen all the new ones sitting on the lots?

If I've done my calculations right, there are over 114,000 different ways to configure the car (not including dealer accessories). So the chances of finding a dealer car that is configured the way a particular customer wants is rather low, unless said customer was looking for a fully-loaded vehicle. Chances are that most buyers would be willing to wait and be able to configure their particular car rather than buy something already configured.

And I think it is a given that Acura won't build that many NSXs, so a buyer has a chance of configuring a car that will be unique. That is something a lot of buyers don't want to give up.

Last edited:
Some irony - that's the same dealer (although one of their other locations) that refused my NSX at MSRP deposit because they wanted to reserve the right to charge whatever they could get for them, and never contacted me again. Which actually worked out fine because $200k is too much for an NSX and I bought one of the last Audi R8 V8's (for still plenty of money) which is getting these completely impractical mid-engine sports cars out of my system!

Let's see where the bidding goes on this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112242407720?redirect=mobile

It's been around for a while and looks like it has every option speced and the BIN is msrp.

The blue color is beautiful - fully loaded, if this car was to sell for say $10k off MSRP whoever buys it would get one heck of a good deal :)

P.S. This is the first time we've seen that cupholder and it's not listed on the options

2015 NSX: What color / specs is your V8 R8? Manual?

Last edited:
Some irony - that's the same dealer (although one of their other locations) that refused my NSX at MSRP deposit because they wanted to reserve the right to charge whatever they could get for them, and never contacted me again. Which actually worked out fine because $200k is too much for an NSX and I bought one of the last Audi R8 V8's (for still plenty of money) which is getting these completely impractical mid-engine sports cars out of my system!

haha ive contacted that dealer before... they were super aggressive on wanting that high premium when i was looking. Now they call/text randomly checking up on if i want this rare NSX

First listed Acura Financial lease info that I have seen (on a $180,600 MSRP) but no monthly listed:

Lease Special 36mo 10,000 miles per year, $30K down + 1st payment. Acura Financial Lease, Residual (56%)*$101,136
With Approved Credit, tax will be added to payment based on the state where you register your new NSX.

Last edited:
First listed Acura Financial lease info that I have seen (on a $180,600 MSRP) but no monthly listed:

Lease Special 36mo 10,000 miles per year, $30K down + 1st payment. Acura Financial Lease, Residual (56%)*$101,136
With Approved Credit, tax will be added to payment based on the state where you register your new NSX.

The down payment is awfully high if you look at our post above on a comparable 2017 R8 with similar MSRP.

We had a friend run some numbers for us on a Lease for the new NSX if they do the lease (3rd party):

Term 36 months
5,000 Miles per year
Monthly Payment W/Tax $3,615.75
Residual Balance $100,869
Cap Reduction(Down Payment)$10,150
Cap Reduction includes:
Tax at $913.50
Refundable security deposit of $2,250
First monthly payment of $3,615.75
Dmv is estimated at $150

Total DriveOff inclusive is $17,079.25

Since the 570s is another huge competitor for the new NSX, here's the a typical lease deal for the 570s:

570S lease
2 years closed end
5,000 miles/year allowance (more miles available if necessary)
Minimum cash down $9,300
Monthly payment $3,587+sales tax
Ally doesn't use money factor but interest rates, it's 6.18% for 2 years. You can calculate the money factor by dividing by 2400
The residual for 2 years is $136,000

As a comparison, a 3 year lease would be $2,747+tax with $128k residual.

Last edited:
haha ive contacted that dealer before... they were super aggressive on wanting that high premium when i was looking. Now they call/text randomly checking up on if i want this rare NSX

Almost every dealer I've contacted and left a message with has kept fairly regular contact with me. The ones I've actually spoke to on the initial call haven't kept up at all. Behold the power of a CRM system.

He just responded to me:

"
36mo 10K miles per year, $30K down + 1st payment $2,125mo + your state tax (WAC)"

Fully loaded, been around a long time, msrp and this is the best it does on fleabay....

It's probably a good indicator of realistic market value. I've always felt the listed msrp was too high. There's not the pedigree with the car against the established european competition. Honda now need to permanently discount and get on with it.

Fully loaded, been around a long time, msrp and this is the best it does on fleabay....

View attachment 140592

Being winter, the current market for Sports cars in this price range is probably a bit slow / stale. With the 2018 model cars coming out in roughly 5 months this will probably mean even more discounts to get these cars off the lot. Unless the car is a collector car, no one wants cars to sit around.

It's probably a good indicator of realistic market value. I've always felt the listed msrp was too high. There's not the pedigree with the car against the established european competition. Honda now need to permanently discount and get on with it.

Market value is established by completed transactions, not unaccepted bids or asks. The Ebay car got a high bid of $156K and did not reach reservation price, therefore did not trade.

A serious buyer would call the dealership directly under the reasonable assumption that the dealer would set the Ebay reservation price a bit above the minimum they would actually accept for a clean cash deal.

Market value is established by completed transactions, not unaccepted bids or asks. The Ebay car got a high bid of $156K and did not reach reservation price, therefore did not trade.

I guessed it didn't reach the reserve, otherwise it would have meant a huge loss for the dealer.

So the question from here on in, is what is it going to take for Honda to get those 'completed transactions'? They certainly can't continue letting inventory pile up at their dealers, so at some point they're going to have to come up with a strategy to keep the cash flowing.

One of the Exotic Driving Experience outfits in Vegas has a NSX

http://www.dreamracing.com/drive-the-acura-nsx/

interestingly enough, they've already discounted their NSX. perhaps someone might mention to the dealers to follow suit?

attachment.php

FA

the NSX pricing looks in line with the turbo s and v10 plus

the out of range high price is for the Z06

the 430 scud price looks like the best value

Back