• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where do you keep your mobile phone when driving ??

MvM

Legendary Member
The NSX is by far the greatest car I have ever owned.
However, it is a bit short on space to put things inside. I am not such a big guy so I have no trouble putting my business case or the Flybook (in its case) behind the drivers seat when I'm off to work. That's also where I put a water-bottle when I take a drink with me.

But where do you guys (and girls) keep you mobile phone. Normally, I put in
in the passengers seat. I've been looking at several phone-holders that you can put on the dash but I haven't seen any that I really like so far.

With the parking brake down, my phone is securely wedged between the bottom of the brake handle and the top of the console. (I have a Motorola flip phone in a leather case with belt clip attached to the case).

stick pad on driver side door, in aftermarket cup holder, coin tray, clipped on aftermarket steering wheel, passenger seat (when no passenger), my pocket :biggrin:

my phone is slightly wedged, so i just cram it in the ash tray and it stays fine.

x

I keep mine folded in the felt lined "coin tray" thingie in front of the center console, with the "blue tooth" ear piece thingie in my ear, I can answer and talk "hands free" (it's the law in NY) if I have to!:cool:

I clip mine on the sun visor right above my head so I can hear it when it rings. Then pull over somewhere when I have to talk. People driving with a cell phone stuck to there ear are worse than drunk drivers.

Usually wherever it lands:wink:, often not a set place. I can't count how many times I have went to get out and BAM! Cell fell on the concrete in the parking lot:redface:

Good thing I have cell insurance...can you believe it cell insurance?!?!:eek:

coreyco said:
With the parking brake down, my phone is securely wedged between the bottom of the brake handle and the top of the console. (I have a Motorola flip phone in a leather case with belt clip attached to the case).

exacto!!

Coin holder aka jdm buttons location. That square velvet thing. I just leave the back part of the phone up and the front down because all around driving, my braking is gonna pull more G's than my acceleration. Works great till I start throwing it around, then it just flies out.

MvM said:
The NSX is by far the greatest car I have ever owned.
However, it is a bit short on space to put things inside. I am not such a big guy so I have no trouble putting my business case or the Flybook (in its case) behind the drivers seat when I'm off to work. That's also where I put a water-bottle when I take a drink with me.

But where do you guys (and girls) keep you mobile phone. Normally, I put in
in the passengers seat. I've been looking at several phone-holders that you can put on the dash but I haven't seen any that I really like so far.

I usually either have it in my purse or set it on the passenger seat. Unfortunately, due to my boxed woofers, I have very little clearance behind the seats. Hoping to change that soon, with front floor install. ;)

Drivers side door handle. Yes I have had problems:tongue: , but if I put it on the seat it goes on the floor, or between the seat and console.

My seat covers come with built in holders for Grey Goose bottles, I guess you could also fit a phone in there :)

Attachments

• Yummy.jpg
    Yummy.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 175
I saw a post once that I can not find now where the coin holder was made to be deeper. The cell phone did not have any problems staying in it because it was about 3" deep.
I wish one of the venders would make a deeper replacement if possible.

MiamieNeSeX said:
My seat covers come with built in holders for Grey Goose bottles, I guess you could also fit a phone in there :)

Freckles! :biggrin:

In my pocket.....I have Bluetooth :biggrin:

She might loose it in there:tongue: mmmmmmmmmm

In my pocket. I can't steer, shift, talk at the same time. Besides I take my top off in April and don't put it back on until October, I would not hear them anyway between the exhaust and stereo:biggrin: . I have that stupid phone thing where the coin tray use to be. I would LOVE to get rid of it and get the coin tray back in there, so if someone has one they want to get rid of PM me!

ghetto_handsfree.jpg

Back