• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

where to buy starter solenoid contact points

I have a bad starter solenoid. I took the unit apart and sanded the plunger and the contact points. However, my contact points are worn down. One side more than the other. So I do not get good surface contact between the plunger and the contacts. Does anyone know where I can buy replacement parts? I called my local dealer in Portland Oregon and they only sell the entire starter unit for $700. All I need is about $2 worth of copper contacts.

Anyone know where I can order some replacement parts at a good price?

Thanks,

Scott

Check this out:

http://www.acuraparts247.com/sunnyside/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=NSX&catcgry2=1991&catcgry3=2DR+NSX&catcgry5=STARTER+MOTOR+(1)&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

(cut and paste this in your browser)

BTW, I had an entire starter rebuilt for about $100 at a local auto electric shop. As EIFFEL says, they will probably sell you the parts too:)

HTH,
LarryB

Thanks,

I purchased the Toyota part number 28226-72010 starter kit for $11.89. The contacts are the exact same size and it includes the shorter bolt. A slightly longer bolt is required for the battery contact side. Anyway the starter works as good as new!

Scott

Back