• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where would you go from an NSX?

I was thinking if I sell my NSX, then where woudl I go in terms of something as exotic with good handling, mileage and reliability.....
Italian is pricey to own and operate, reliability is not that good...
Lotus exige is an intersting one, but newer ones are expensive...
Supras are also intersting, but hard to find as stock without being raced...
911's are interesting, and the fact that they are very common is a good thing (can find one at the right price, I guess)...
American: still waiting to be convinced regarding reliability...
Tesla: too expensive ;)
I have NO idea....Ideas?

If you set your mind to move forward, just about any modern sports car is better than NSX in both technology and performance. Even the pathetic Nissan 350Z is faster. But none of them is NSX.

If you set your mind to move forward, just about any modern sports car is better than NSX in both technology and performance. Even the pathetic Nissan 350Z is faster. But none of them is NSX.

Nicely said. I would hold on to my nsx until force to sell by forces beyond my control, THE ALLMIGHTY WIFE.

For me it'd be easy: Nissan GTR or Viper ACR.

Since owning a NSX, I would like to stick with something with motor behind me still....I would go GT2. I'm not big of F-cars...plus I love boost.

Something like an Audi R8, Ferrari 430, or Lambo Gallardo.

Anything else would be a step down. Other cars might be faster, but none have the class of an NSX.

I'll definitely go the Lambo route when I pull the plug. I've had a black/black NSX and now own a Red/Black one. Keep thinking it might be time to change. This afternoon I had a black Lambo in front of me at a stop light. It looked gorgeous and it had a wonderful sound. Made me think very seriously of going there...

Last edited:
First, when I bought a 350z several years ago-I never had so many people
stop me and tell me how beautiful the car was-unreal--I owned numerous
Porsche 911's and never had the same response. I owned the 1st yr 350z whatever that was.Nsx's must ellicit the same responses.Big Hips SINK SHIPS!

For the money I would look at a GTR--but it looks like a suped up Altima-
but I would think it is head and shoulders above an NSX or most cars if
performance is the hot button. I would take an 18 yr old NSX design for
looks anytime.

Also, my wife's Boxster is really a fun car to drive and also has some nice
curves! I hate to admit it but I actually think that it feels better than any 911
I have had. One problem, no room for good beach chairs! but the trunks are
a lot better than the NSX---

All things considered--stay with the NSX

All: great ideas...thanks..
I like performance but it is not the bottom line. I also am thinking about money...lots to consider.
hmmmm

All: great ideas...thanks..
I like performance but it is not the bottom line. I also am thinking about money...lots to consider.
hmmmm

No offense but if money is an issue for you, you shouldn't even think about an exotic car. This also assumes your retirement program is fully funded, you have no debt, you have your home and you're not upside down, insurance...

I can't imagine purchasing a car that I couldn't pay cash for. Why would someone finance a depreciating asset?

Might want to rephrase your question. Your answers might change dramatically.

Your car must not be running right because I race 400hp cars all the time and I've yet to lose.
I just raced a saleen this week actually.

R8 for me.

I went with Corvette because I needed something reliable and relatively inexpensive.

Your car must not be running right because I race 400hp cars all the time and I've yet to lose.

I certainly hope this is a serious statement instead of a "my dad can totally beat your dad" kind of talk. First, you've raced 400 hp cars all the time in what condition? On the street? In a drag race? Autocross? On a track? We can discuss each here.

On the street - It's illegal and it takes more guts than skills. Usually whoever is more reckless wins. We can find many posts on this forum that talks about how irresponsible street racing is. Plus, people who're serious about racing would take it to the tracks, not on the streets.

Drag race - Simply post your opponent, your time and your mods. It tells us everything.

Autocross - Sure, I've seen Miata beaten Corvette in lap time over and over. Horsepower means little when it comes to autocross.

Track - Now this is serious. NSX is still an excellent track car 20 years after it's debut. It can still keep up with the latest Porsches, if and it's a big if, the driver has the right skill sets. For average weekend track warriors like some of us, it's a lot easier to get a better lap time in a GTR or M3. But you can still beat just about any car on a track in a NSX. All you need is for you to drive it right. That's what makes it fun, and us fall in love with it.

However, if the same professional race driver drives each car, NSX will NOT beat those cars mentioned above.

I certainly hope this is a serious statement instead of a "my dad can totally beat your dad" kind of talk. First, you've raced 400 hp cars all the time in what condition? On the street? In a drag race? Autocross? On a track? We can discuss each here.

I don't do e-fights. Sorry.
When buy your first NSX we can talk again if you would like.

I was thinking if I sell my NSX, then where woudl I go in terms of something as exotic with good handling, mileage and reliability.....

If you aren't flexible on the exotic, mileage and reliability criteria, you will probably going to have a very difficult time finding an automobile that trumps the NSX. The GT-R or 911 Turbo are probably your best bets, I don't think the standard 911 qualifies as an exotic. If you are willing to sacrifice mileage, I think the C6 Z06 is a fantastic sports car, and to quote Jay Leno regarding his ZR1, "It's a Chevrolet, you fix it with a hammer". If you are willing to sacrifice exotic, the Porsche Cayman S and BMW 135 are two of the most fun-to-drive cars for the money. If you are willing to sacrifice good handling, mileage AND reliability, buy a 2nd generation Viper...

That's what I'm thinking too.
The only thing that gets me is it does the same 1/4 mile as the NSX in the V8 form, and the V10 is pricey. I need to drive one I think...

Same 1/4 as the NSX? Are you running FI? If so, yes.

Same 1/4 as the NSX? Are you running FI? If so, yes.

12.7 vs 12.9 right?

But actually I just went to price them out and the V10 isn't THAT much more.
I think I heard a rumor the V10 is being discontinued in the R8 though?

Last edited:
Back