• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where would you go from an NSX?

12.7 vs 12.9 right?

There are very few NSX in history to run a 12.9. Most are 13.3-13.8 at 105-107MPH. (stock)

The R8 is about 12.7 at 115MPH. Big difference. And lots more TQ.

I think it would be a blast to drive, but I haven't had the chance. (except in Forza)

The V10 is clearly a true supercar, but it comes with the supercar price too :)

My problem with the R8 is that the straight line performance is almost identical to my vette, but costs 2x more. But it is and exotic, gorgeous, rare and handles better. One day I would love to own one.

Last edited:
There are very few NSX in history to run a 12.9. Most are 13.3-13.8 at 105-107MPH. (stock)

The R8 is about 12.7 at 115MPH. Big difference. And lots more TQ.

I'm just going by magazine numbers.
Car and driver messured the NSX at 12.9, and I think they pulled a 12.6(not 12.7) in the R8.

I'm just saying....

BTW, I know I should post this since I'm just asking to get flamed, but I raced a C6 400hp vette twice and pulled on it both times. ;)

Last edited:
I'm just going by magazine numbers.
Car and driver measured the NSX at 12.9, and I think they pulled a 12.6(not 12.7) in the R8.

Well, look at the trap speeds in the 1/4 and that will tell you a lot more. I think you need to take an average of all the times, not just pick the fastest one.. which for the NSX is the C&D tested Silver 3.2 Coupe tested at 12.9 @ 110MPH.

I raced a 91 NSX with the 02 conversion, I/H/E and left it like it was standing still. ;) We did the same race when he drove my car and I was in the NSX.. same result. At roebling road on the straight my vette was 15MPH faster at the end vs my NSX and I was coming out of the turn faster in the NSX.

No flame war needed. Both are great cars. I would love to have another NSX to play with on Weekends, but the Vette is IMO the best DD sports car on the market.

Last edited:
Well, look at the trap speeds in the 1/4 and that will tell you a lot more. I think you need to take an average of all the times, not just pick the fastest one.. which for the NSX is the C&D tested Silver 3.2 Coupe tested at 12.9 @ 110MPH.

No flame war needed. Both are great cars. I would love to have another NSX to play with on Weekends, but the Vette is IMO the best DD sports car on the market.

Yeah, no I agree. I respect you 100%. No flame war.
If you want to race a NA2 NSX and you're in Richmond, it's on. :)
Here are some actual results though from drag races. They look 100% the same to me....

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.ph...days=10000000&carmake=4&name=Search+DragTimes

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.ph...days=10000000&carmake=1&name=Search+DragTimes

Last edited:
I was thinking if I sell my NSX, then where woudl I go in terms of something as exotic with good handling, mileage and reliability.....
Italian is pricey to own and operate, reliability is not that good...
Lotus exige is an intersting one, but newer ones are expensive...
Supras are also intersting, but hard to find as stock without being raced...
911's are interesting, and the fact that they are very common is a good thing (can find one at the right price, I guess)...
American: still waiting to be convinced regarding reliability...
Tesla: too expensive ;)
I have NO idea....Ideas?
Lol,based on this and your criteria..the obvious answer is ...NOTHING.......that is why guys like me keep thier nsx.:biggrin:

Lol,based on this and your criteria..the obvious answer is ...NOTHING.......that is why guys like me keep thier nsx.:biggrin:

Yes, I find that as I approach my tenth year of ownership that there is really no car that can suitably replace the NSX at a reasonable cost.

I will have to say that at this point, I will take the money and use it to pay down some debts and then when the time is good, I will head into the other direction.

Ive looked and driven a lot. I keep coming back to my NSX. Maybe its because I am cheap.

911 (997) or C6 (2008+), both standard versions. I'm not sure about the total cost of ownership of them. Porsche's are said to need special tools for repairing which makes DIY difficult.

There is nothing else that looks expensive but is inexpensive like the NSX is. The next step up from and NSX will be expensive. You will not get the exclusive lines without laying down 3x the money you did for an NSX.

Once you do buy a F car or Lambo you won't believe how good they are and you also won't believe how close the NSX was to them.

I was going to sell my 360 and get something new but I have decided I am keeping my 360 for a Long time if not forever. I bought pretty much at the top of the market so I will take a heavy hit if I sell. Either way I love the car, it's fun to drive and cars are the one thing that just sends my mind into idiot land. If I am sitting in a car, something just comes over me and my mind goes blank and I don't care about anything else.

I just love the lines of the 360, more so than the 430 by far.
ferrari-f360-body-kit.jpg

:cool:

Alot of the cars mentioned in here just don't seem to give me any comfort that they won't be in the shop more often than the road.

That's where the NSX really shines.

Just look at the NSX that has over 400k miles selling for $15k.

talk about long term reliability and resell value.

I can't imagine any mass produced cars that can touch that.....

Where would you go from an NSX?

A turbocharged NSX, of course :biggrin:

Alot of the cars mentioned in here just don't seem to give me any comfort that they won't be in the shop more often than the road.

you got to pay to play. The 360's are reliable. I have ~24k on mine, good so far.

Well, I'd like to see a comparison of the total cost of ownership of a 911 to the NSX. It can't be that big of a difference.

steveny said:
you got to pay to play. The 360's are reliable. I have ~24k on mine, good so far.

Well, that mileage doesn't count. Let's see how it behaves after 100k miles. :D I know that with the 360+ Ferrari builds cars with higher quality.

I agree, and this point has been brought up over and over. However, you must see this from another perspective: a exotic car lover who can afford to buy a, or several high end Porches, Lambos, and F-cars does NOT care about cost of maintenance, resell value, and reliability. Reliability and costs means next to nothing due to their 7 or 8 digit savings account. They want something that's a true exotic, something faster, something more advanced. And they can have all those while keeping their NSX, if they choose to. They'll put on 5k miles during the entire ownership, and then trade it in for something faster and better without considering the money they'd lose, simply because they can.

.... Reliability and costs means next to nothing due to their 7 or 8 digit savings account.......They'll put on 5k miles during the entire ownership, and then trade it in for something faster and better without considering the money they'd lose, simply because they can.

It's not so much the $$$ factor, but also the amount of time the car is in the shop or on the side of the road.

I like to know that I can drive it whenever, however, and wherever on demand, instead of wondering if it's going to start or put me on the side of the road.

With that in mind that is probably why many exotic cars are reserved for the weekend warrior, hence the low miles.

I like to put many miles on my cars and women.

Sitting pretty in a garage is not my idea of owning a car or women.......

It's not so much the $$$ factor, but also the amount of time the car is in the shop or on the side of the road.

I like to know that I can drive it whenever, however, and wherever on demand, instead of wondering if it's going to start or put me on the side of the road.

With that in mind that is probably why many exotic cars are reserved for the weekend warrior, hence the low miles.

If a newer Porsche or Ferrari puts any owner on the side of the road as frequent as you described, both European automakers would be out of business eons ago. I have two co-workers who drives Boxters. My department VP has a 360, a M3, but he use a Audi Q7 as his daily car. True exotic cars have really low miles simply because the owner of them has more than several cars. Zanardi owners usually keep their millage low because they're not 25 year olds with an older or even salvage NSX as their only car. Many NSX has high millage because they're very reliable cars, but it's also due to the lacking of a cheap exotic replacement.

Hi,

for me the only ones i consider that can FULL replace my NSX, i can't afford any: McLaren F1 or 458 Italia.

Everything else could live WITH my NSX in my garage, but not REPLACE: 997 GT2, 997 GT3, R8, GT-R, etc,etc.

A f430 scuderia would also be fine, but since the 458 Italia is a reality, i prefer it.

Nuno

Back