• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where would you go from an NSX?

I just love the lines of the 360, more so than the 430 by far.
ferrari-f360-body-kit.jpg

:cool:

as much as a 360 looks better... the 430 is a much better car overall

If a newer Porsche or Ferrari puts any owner on the side of the road as frequent as you described, both European automakers would be out of business eons ago. I have two co-workers who drives Boxters. My department VP has a 360, a M3, but he use a Audi Q7 as his daily car. True exotic cars have really low miles simply because the owner of them has more than several cars. Zanardi owners usually keep their millage low because they're not 25 year olds with an older or even salvage NSX as their only car. Many NSX has high millage because they're very reliable cars, but it's also due to the lacking of a cheap exotic replacement.

That and the owners are busy too. But your right most guys have several cars and you can't drive them all at once. I know of an NSX owner on this site who had his car for days-weeks before he had a chance to drive it.

If a car is going to break it's going to break and if it's going to get fixed it is going to cost money. 50 years from now VERY few people on this site will give 2 shits what it cost to fix anything. Buy it, drive it, smile. :)

BTW someone above mentioned the cost of ownership between a 911 and NSX being close. As a "compairo" I spent more on my NSX OR my 911 than I have spent on my 360. I have spent less than 1k on the 360. I spent 10k or more on the NSX OR the 911. Granted I had a very odd CC problem with the NSX which was VERY expensive to fix and I blew the motor on the 911 which is also not cheap to fix.

I would replace it with this:

Oh, that is what I replaced it with, only I haven't gotten rid of the NSX yet. I keep saying I am going to, but never do.

Attachments

• used-1999-ferrari-360_modena-basetrim-5428-2845571-4-640.jpg
    used-1999-ferrari-360_modena-basetrim-5428-2845571-4-640.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 71
I was thinking if I sell my NSX, then where woudl I go in terms of something as exotic with good handling, mileage and reliability.....
Italian is pricey to own and operate, reliability is not that good...
Lotus exige is an intersting one, but newer ones are expensive...
Supras are also intersting, but hard to find as stock without being raced...
911's are interesting, and the fact that they are very common is a good thing (can find one at the right price, I guess)...
American: still waiting to be convinced regarding reliability...
Tesla: too expensive ;)
I have NO idea....Ideas?

a new NSX!!! Im still waiting on that one lol but for now R8 or GTR would be some fun. I say just wait a few years and see if they drop in price if not wait a couple more

Last edited:
Those of you who think a R8 is a step up will be disappointed. I have driven a R8 - egear and thought it was BOOORING!!! The AWD gives you a bit more push offline but after that it isn't anything special. The V10 though I have heard is absolutely amazing. Its just that at $170K I would much rather buy the REAL thing(Gallardo) for a bit more or an older mode for a bit less.

Those of you who think a R8 is a step up will be disappointed. I have driven a R8 - egear and thought it was BOOORING!!! The AWD gives you a bit more push offline but after that it isn't anything special. The V10 though I have heard is absolutely amazing. Its just that at $170K I would much rather buy the REAL thing(Gallardo) for a bit more or an older mode for a bit less.

Why not just save $$$$ for a "REAL" Euro Exotic like a Murci?

A few of the Murci guys tell me that a "real" Lambo have 2 things:

V-12
Scissor doors

I find it funny that the Gallardo guys like to "hang" around the Murci guys and the Murci guys that I have met don't want anything to do with them.

I'm sure the Gallardo guys might think the same for the R8 folks and so on........

I find it funny that the Gallardo guys like to "hang" around the Murci guys and the Murci guys that I have met don't want anything to do with them.

If Murci guys are that big of douchebags, I would not want anything to do with them, their car, or their community.

One of the greatest things about the NSX (aside from the car itself) is the community -- not just for the owners, but for the respect they give other cars. I just don't get the "hate", either for other cars or especially for other cars' owners.

Ok so here's my question. Over the course of about 6-7 years of ownership, I've tallyed up about $90,000 total (including the cost of the car) total investment spent on my NSX. Now keep in mind this includes a full 550 whp turbo, widebody kit, any any aftermarket mod I could get my hand on (most of you have seen my posts). For a little more than that amount (maybe an additional $20K or so) I figured I could have gotten a used Lamborghini Gallardo.

So the question is, what do you think would have been money better spent?

Completely custom, '91 turbo, widebody NSX?

Or completely stock 04-05 Lambo Gallardo?

On one hand the NSX is way faster, and much more unique and personalized, but has absolutely no resale value whatsoever. Also, I think the Lambo is more of a head turner, more exclusive, retains its value better and is more refined. I'm sort of at a crossroads on my opinion and I'm curious what other people though.

If Murci guys are that big of douchebags, I would not want anything to do with them, their car, or their community.

One of the greatest things about the NSX (aside from the car itself) is the community -- not just for the owners, but for the respect they give other cars. I just don't get the "hate", either for other cars or especially for other cars' owners.

You should see the Ferrari guys. They don't want anything to do with the Porsche guys.

There are videos of car meets or drives where the camera purposely don't show the "lessor" cars in the footage.

There are ALOT of arrogance in the Euro-car community. Perhaps it falls from Europeans feeling superior to others. I've heard them all. Irish knocking on the UK and Sicilians. Germans knocking on the Italians. French knocking on Americans, etc...

And there are NSX owners that hate RX7s.

And on this forum there are the:

1. Keep it stock stupid (KISS) vs. modify the NSX
2. Garage Queens vs. drive the dam thing already
3. NA1 vs. NA2

Last edited:
Ok so here's my question. Over the course of about 6-7 years of ownership, I've tallyed up about $90,000 total (including the cost of the car) total investment spent on my NSX. Now keep in mind this includes a full 550 whp turbo, widebody kit, any any aftermarket mod I could get my hand on (most of you have seen my posts). For a little more than that amount (maybe an additional $20K or so) I figured I could have gotten a used Lamborghini Gallardo.

On one hand the NSX is way faster, and much more unique and personalized, but has absolutely no resale value whatsoever. Also, I think the Lambo is more of a head turner, more exclusive, retains its value better and is more refined. I'm sort of at a crossroads on my opinion and I'm curious what other people though.

I don't think the Gallardo is much of a head turner. When It first came out some people thought it was the Celica.

The Audi owned Lambos have a muted design to it.

It doesn't have the exotic car look as a Diablo.

"I find it funny that the Gallardo guys like to "hang" around the Murci guys and the Murci guys that I have met don't want anything to do with them."
Never found that to be a problem, nor with a Diablo, Countach, etc we all hang together. Id move to a Murcie only for the fit, the Gallardo is a bit small for me, as a Diablo is, but the Murcie does not handle as nice, its a bigger car, so there is give and take.

Why not just save $$$$ for a "REAL" Euro Exotic like a Murci?

A few of the Murci guys tell me that a "real" Lambo have 2 things:

V-12
Scissor doors

I'm sure the Gallardo guys might think the same for the R8 folks and so on........

Let me guess, these people are "real" Lambo owners/Vietnamese coffee shop workers/certified financial analysts at Fortune 500 companies.

Useless.

Let me guess, these people are "real" Lambo owners/Vietnamese coffee shop workers/certified financial analysts at Fortune 500 companies.

Useless.

wait........what's wrong with financial analysts at Fortune 500 companies......?

http://www.catsexotics.com/web/1317/vehicle/445449/1992-Acura-NSX-GT Wide Body

Nothing as long as they're not serving me coffee in a bikini:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1249807&postcount=2495

It's just a reference to another ridiculous post, the 10 part system on how to date a whore.

Who does and doesn't like you is very seldom based on the size of your motor or if your car has door that open out or up. :wink: Anyone will appear to like you if you lay down 20 bucks for a cup of their coffee.:biggrin:

Oh BTW the CLK black series would be a pretty nice place to go from an NSX.

Last edited:
Who does and doesn't like you is very seldom based on the size of your motor or if your car has door that open out or up. :wink: Anyone will appear to like you if you lay down 20 bucks for a cup of their coffee.:biggrin:

Oh BTW the CLK black series would be a pretty nice place to go from an NSX.

OMG that black series is so cool!!!! but I feel its over priced

Read and wonder...
Went from an NSX to a 360F1 (5 years), to a Gallardo 6sp (2 years) to a Gallardo Egear (2 years) to a GTR (15 months) BACK to a SC NSX. Can't live without one. Still have the GTR of course but got rid of my italian bitches after 31 years of continuous ownership. They're great for the ego but less for the rest.

Last edited:
I know there are ton of corvette haters but the new Z06 is the best bang for your buck. The resale value on them has dropped very nicely and are cheep for what you get. Bash the interior all you want they have come a long way from 1995 :rolleyes: These dime a dozen gems are a true deal IMO.
2407083937_30e8264153.jpg
2407083645_8325c5253f.jpg
2407917306_18e422e993.jpg

Read and wonder...
Went from an NSX to a 360F1 (5 years), to a Gallardo 6sp (2 years) to a Gallardo Egear (2 years) to a GTR (15 months) BACK to a SC NSX. Can't live without one. Still have the GTR of course but got rid of my italian bitches after 31 years of continuous ownership. They're great for the ego but less for the rest.

wow...what do you do to be able to afford all these fine ladies...?

Back