• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where's the bottom

In the short time (12 hours) that i have owned mine i have already had 2 people ask me what it is. I'll see what today brings but it aure seems like very few people know it exists

every time i drive my 2002 i get the exact same responses also.

but like i said, those non-car people aren't going to rush out and buy one. i don't see more cars on the street drastically affecting sales. NSX's won't have Mustang numbers on the street...

Lets also add that IMhO very few people are going to rush out and buy this as their first exotic/supercar. Most people are going to want a porsche, ferrari, lambo, mclaren for the brand recognition and looks. I was more worried that based on 1st gen sales where the 1st yr accounted for ~1/3 total production that this 2nd gen was going to be extremely limited. Sales mgr told me today that 2018 is special order only by an actual buyer. She said they won't have 1 on the sales floor. I don't know how that will help sales going forward but I guess corporate can make changes as needed by throwing darts on the decision board. That being said, if msrp was $140k I still wouldn't have bought it, I dont like taking the initial depreciation. But give me 30% off and I'll take my chances

Just saw this video, FWIW. It starts at minute 1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S75IpjT1yoc&t=222s

I drove side by side with a new NSX a few days ago on the highway. Front looked ok, didn't like the rear. IMHO Acura got caught with the latest "trends" in sports car and missed the goal. It's too complicated and priced too deep into exotic brand territory. If they make it a "custom-order" only car, it would be a reasonable move, but then they'll never recover the development cost. At the end of the day, sales are still determined by the quantity.

Last edited:
yup, he's right.

i think there's a bit more room for prices to drop also. as stated many times, most of the posters here were spot on with where the price should've initially been...

Lets also add that IMhO very few people are going to rush out and buy this as their first exotic/supercar. Most people are going to want a porsche, ferrari, lambo, mclaren for the brand recognition and looks. I was more worried that based on 1st gen sales where the 1st yr accounted for ~1/3 total production that this 2nd gen was going to be extremely limited. Sales mgr told me today that 2018 is special order only by an actual buyer. She said they won't have 1 on the sales floor. I don't know how that will help sales going forward but I guess corporate can make changes as needed by throwing darts on the decision board. That being said, if msrp was $140k I still wouldn't have bought it, I dont like taking the initial depreciation. But give me 30% off and I'll take my chances

Agree with you 100% on the above. Where in good spot and not gonna get killed with our discounts. If they can just move the rest of these models and 2018 becomes more limited production were in an even better spot. But if they can't we got one helluva price on the car and like you Ill take my chances.

Do you guys think these deals will be around till end of year? Probably take me that long to do lease assumption on my i8.

Maybe will work in my favor. The longer the nsx sits the bigger the discount. Still a lot of them out there to be sold.

Wonder what the used market is on these a year from now. If I didn't have my lease would get one right now.

Winter coming up makes these harder to sell in northeast etc.

awesome...you and Ole ....that is a great color.

Porsche37 is correct in that democars have more todeal with. Basically2k per month xtra for the time it has been sitting according to a dealer i spoke with.

I think they made extra $ as well with my car. They said it was used in a photoshoot or video the same week I bought the car. Still @ 77 miles I didnt care. But congrats to the the person who got $65k off msrp if it happened. Wish you got your deal first so I had a new target to aim for. Congrats DocL thats the color I really wanted, it's beautiful

Porsche37 is correct in that democars have more todeal with. Basically2k per month xtra for the time it has been sitting according to a dealer i spoke with.

Correct me if I am wrong, I was told it has to be a "Program Car" aka exposure/ demo for $55-$60K off dependent upon options on car....JM2C

I think they made extra $ as well with my car. They said it was used in a photoshoot or video the same week I bought the car. Still @ 77 miles I didnt care. But congrats to the the person who got $65k off msrp if it happened. Wish you got your deal first so I had a new target to aim for. Congrats DocL thats the color I really wanted, it's beautiful

I think your safe in that you got the greatest deal in the history of the 2nd gen NSX ever. EVERYONE is aiming for your target. That 60k on your car was incredible. I think because its came after DocL post it was a misunderstanding.

Also DocL car was fairly close to that for a new car. I almost bought that car had it negotiated but the wife wanted white.......

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong, I was told it has to be a "Program Car" aka exposure/ demo for $55-$60K off dependent upon options on car....JM2C

Yep that what I was told some dealers won't sell their demos yet though as they have a few new ones in inventory. If you can get one though what a deal.

My understanding is the same - not sure @ $2K/mo though ? Credit is to dealer for a monthly depreciation on demonstrator vehicles.

Back