• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which aftermarket exhaust?!

Hi all...Ok here is a big can o' worms...which exhaust is "better" ok I mean loud and agressive. I'm leaning towards a B&B RM (now made by B&B or always?) I'm looking for that very pissed off sound :biggrin:
I'm looking for cat back only...California friendly. Any help would be great, and yes my neighbors are very paitient people. Thanks to everyone, I can't imagine not having this incredible resource.

Ciao

Eric C. said:
... I'm looking for that very pissed off sound :biggrin:
Hey man, Welcome to 'Prime - congrats on first post. I work In Scotts Vallety just up the road so maybe can hook up some time.

Ok ...to your question ... you want obnoxious? Has to be the Taitec JGTC by a long shot!

If you're just looking for an aggressive exhaust, nothing can beat this...

Taitec GT009 S-TAI Racing exhaust

This exhaust is extremely loud and aggressive. Very light too (only 9.2lbs :eek:)
img-gt009.jpg

you can buy one from www.scienceofspeed.com
(they just say S-TAI but it's thing)

Remember, this exhaust is a cop magnet :wink:

Eric C. said:
Hi all...Ok here is a big can o' worms...which exhaust is "better" ok I mean loud and agressive. I'm leaning towards a B&B RM (now made by B&B or always?) I'm looking for that very pissed off sound :biggrin:
I'm looking for cat back only...California friendly. Any help would be great, and yes my neighbors are very paitient people. Thanks to everyone, I can't imagine not having this incredible resource.

Ciao

If you are looking for aggressive, Taitech JGTC without a doubt :) and i happen to have one forsale :D

Thanks to everyone!! I've never seen the support available here with any other cars I've owned, and that's alot :redface: I have a problem...
D' Eccosse let's look each other up after Thanksgiving.
Thanks again to all and Happy Thanksgiving!!

I listened to a lot of clips before I decided on my FlowMaster setup. The added bonus is that it costs MUCH less than most of the other setups. I know that Duc at Team Spugen will make you one for $550, or you can order the mufflers and tips from 21st Century Exhaust ($82 for the muffler and $35 each for dual-walled 4" stainless tips) and have one custom made for you.

It is pretty loud and aggressive, but is certainly not the loudest one available. I was trying to strike a balance between the two, yet still be able to drive it on the highway without getting a headache. I've been pleased with mine, and I get many compliments on the sound.

Best of luck, from another "Eric C." :)

Taitec S-TAI

without a doubt the loudest, meanest exhuast you could possibly own

Rivalled only by cutting off your headers just before the cat.

D'Ecosse said:
Hey man, Welcome to 'Prime - congrats on first post. I work In Scotts Vallety just up the road so maybe can hook up some time.

Ok ...to your question ... you want obnoxious? Has to be the Taitec JGTC by a long shot!

I have the Taitec JGTC and love it....it seriously felt like I was driving a different car because it changed the attitude of the NSX so much. MUCH meaner sounding. I love it!!

Meeyatch1 said:
I have the Taitec JGTC and love it....it seriously felt like I was driving a different car because it changed the attitude of the NSX so much. MUCH meaner sounding. I love it!!

I have the Taitec JGTC on my red NSX and love it. It has a very aggressive sound. On my white NSX I have a RM exhaust which is nice, but not nearly as aggressive as the Taitec.

You should try to meet up with some local NSXer's and listen to their exhausts in person. It makes the decision a lot easier.

HTH

I am amazed that Mugen doesn't have an exhaust for the NSX... Was there one that's now out of production? Or is it something that King doesn't get for import to North America?

ecadwell said:
I know that Duc at Team Spugen will make you one for $550

Best of luck, from another "Eric C." :)

Who are these guys?
Does this mean they can build an NSX exhaust without custom fitting it to my car?
Do they have a website?
I like the flowmaster sound, because it's the highest pitched sound at WOT. Not sure how much it weighs though. Any idea? Is is all stainless too?

UxiNSX said:
I am amazed that Mugen doesn't have an exhaust for the NSX... Was there one that's now out of production? Or is it something that King doesn't get for import to North America?
Mugen makes them but it's order production.

I forgot the price for exhaust, (around $4500-$5000 I guess) but I know that the price for exhaust manifold is $3980.

I've never understood the idea of wanting LOUD exhaust. I can understanding wanting more engine performance so you look for a free flowing exhaust....but what's with the noise.

The NSXs engine creates one of the sweetest sounds around....why would you want to cover that up with excessive exhaust noise? :confused:

I think people who want loud exhaust noise, are just looking for more attention. Someone should design a pipe that funnels the noise (not emissions) into the vehicle passenger area, so the rest of us don't have to listen to it. :eek:

Newby- I agree with the noise issue. I like being able to think while I am driving and not have my brain melted by some ricer screaming down the city streets or highways at 8K RPM. I have the Comptech exhaust on my car and it is mellow with a nice deep tone.

Wow tell me you guy's are not that boring in bed!!! :wink:
Actually I think most engines make wonderful sounds but when they go through a system designed to choke them for the treehuggers (smog) and make the decibel rating fall within Goverment standards, well I'd like to not have my NSX at Geo Metro levels (sorry to the Geo gang...)
So just don't be pissed when your wife comes home smelling of high octane and slightly deaf with a big grin!!!! :biggrin:

newby said:
I've never understood the idea of wanting LOUD exhaust. I can understanding wanting more engine performance so you look for a free flowing exhaust....but what's with the noise.

The NSXs engine creates one of the sweetest sounds around....why would you want to cover that up with excessive exhaust noise? :confused:

I think people who want loud exhaust noise, are just looking for more attention. Someone should design a pipe that funnels the noise (not emissions) into the vehicle passenger area, so the rest of us don't have to listen to it. :eek:

Well said. The sound of the NSX's engine is wonderful even when it is fully stock. The sound generated by the stock intake above 4000 rpm is so sweet. I realized that the stock exhaust does not really make any noise at idle, but it sounds pretty nice at the high rpm, and not annoying like some of the after market exhausts on the Civic's and the like.

I truly appreciate the characteristic of the NSX and it sets itself apart from the others. Why change it?

Eric C..... I tend to question when a guy asks me about my performance in bed :eek: LOL...

I would not compare the NSX's engine to "most engines" because it truly has a unique sound. My wife's Volkswagen beetle doesn't sound impressive at all.... and I don't think changing the exhaust would make the engine sound any different. Any car can produce a loud (aggressive) exhaust note.....but there aren't many cars that can reproduce the engine sounds of a formula one car. :smile:

I agree with Cairo, when I'm driving I'm thinking, enjoying the sensations of my car, and relaxing to some tunes. When I decide to give the car some gas, I want to hear the engine come alive...not the pressure in my exhaust pipe. Eric, you might think your neighbors are patient people.....however they are probably just trying to be nice respectful neighbors and not complain. It's too bad all neighbors aren't that way :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I like the sweet sounds of an aggressive exhaust tone in the movies or at the track....but when I'm at home or on the road I don't want to hear it.

Normally when I disagree with someone’s opinion, I reply with "to each his own", however this topic effects everyone within a mile of your car during aggressive acceleration. So I'll respond with...."be respectful of others". :cool:

Guys, it's all a matter of opinion. :cool:

Personally, I didn't like the sound of the OEM set up. Had that sewing machine sound to it. I installed an exhaust and now it has a nice little rumble to it. Not loud, unless you get on it. But then again, I'm smart enough to know not to get on it in the neighborhood. ;)

Newby, just fyi, if you think about it, your 600RR stock sounds louder than my NSX with exhaust and headers (trust me, I know). Not trying to pick at you, just food for thought. And btw, nice bike, I'm thinking about switching from the 2001 R1 to the 1000RR. Gotta love Honda! :D

Anyways, I don't think jazzing the sound up with an exhaust is disrespectful unless it's blatantly loud and annoying. Also, depending on how you drive it!

Just my 2 cents...
- Z

BITeR said:
Who are these guys?
Does this mean they can build an NSX exhaust without custom fitting it to my car?
Do they have a website?
I like the flowmaster sound, because it's the highest pitched sound at WOT. Not sure how much it weighs though. Any idea? Is is all stainless too?
Team Spugen does a lot of custom parts and work on S2K and NSX. Yes, they can build you an exhaust without custom-fitting it to your car. Their website is www.teamspugen.com. I don't have the phone number on me, but I'm sure it's posted on the website. Just ask for Duc (pronounced "Duke").

I didn't order mine from them, as I finally found a place locally that would make mine. I believe mine weighs in at about 26 pounds, but I'm not positive. They may be able to make it in stainless, i'm not sure. However, it would cost a lot more than $550, for sure. The pipes are aluminized, and I had mine coated with hi-temp coating to make sure that it would never rust. Good luck.

Eric.

i currently have a taitec JGTC center exit (cause of diffuser setup). the exhaust sounds great. nothing to out of control...

i first had a set of comptechs. just had a lower, throatier sound... nothing too wild. then i changed to the gruppe m (v3). i wanted the v2, but couldn't find one. but the gruppe m is by far my favorite. seems to be the loudest IMO, and also sounds very unique. not like any typical after-market exhaust tone. it has this real nice raspy grumble sound... :biggrin:

Back