• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which exhaust should i get?

Wich is the best exhaust between the taitec gt light weight, taitec jgtc, and ark dt-s. Im looking for a more unique sound, that is on the louder side. Any suggestions between these options, or any others that you personally might like?

None are really unique anymore . They've all 3 been around awhile. Theres plenty of sound clips of each to help you decide. It also depends if you run cats or not also.

I bought my car with a Taitec GTLW- I had no idea what it sounded like before I bought the car, but the first time I heard it, I was impressed, and so was everyone else tht I drove by....on throttle it commands attention...however, sadly, I ended up replacing it with a factory OEM exhaust...as my wife felt it was too "race car" like, and was fairly loud just cruising onthe highway - you would need a pretty high power stereo to override it, and casual conversation is tough to maintain.

That being said, just after I sold it, another Primer informed me that there are "silencers" that can easily be installed to quiet it down when needed, and taken out when you need the extra rumble for maximum impact - like at car shows...

Anyway, I havn't heard many different ones in person, so my comments are fairly biased and subjective, but if you are not afraid of a fairly deep , loud rumbly exhaust, this one was it.

I should also note that the weight of the Taitec vs OEM was very significant...like about 3 or 4 times as much...

Hope this helps

Curtis

I got the Bel Canto Soprano that was distributed by Vancehu, not sure if it is available anymore at that spec. It had slightly larger tubing than the imortal V5.1 and Science of Speed was selling something by the same name but I beleive the tubing is smaller, like the V5.1.

All I can say is I get as many compliments on the sound as I do on the car. I wish I could plumb the sound into the cockpit as you hear it best from behind or out side. Super light weight, no drone and melodius to the ear; not obnoxious like so many others. Deep burbble at idle to a high tone at redline. Lots of fun in a tunnel.

Good luck with your search.

Tytus

1,300 miles, 5 days of nothing but my NSX. In-cabin drone is a non-issue for me.

Do you mean you had NO drone?...or you had drone and got used to it, so that it didn't bother you?...just curious...mine did drone a bit right at 65 mph, had to drive at either 60 or 70....

Do you mean you had NO drone?...or you had drone and got used to it, so that it didn't bother you?...just curious...mine did drone a bit right at 65 mph, had to drive at either 60 or 70....

I have a bit of a drone at certain RPMs, but not all the time.

I have a 6 speed transmission in my 91 NSX (which comes with a 5 speed tranny), and the RPMs that I am cruising at there is relatively very little drone.

Part of the joy of driving the NSX is all the nuances, which includes sound, sight, smell and feel of the driving experience. To me the relative minor drone is an added plus to the entire NSX experience.

Last edited:
As far as the specs of the GTLW im sold for the most part, i have looked at the V5.1 and think its over priced. I definately like that the GTLW is loud, thats somthing i want. Do any of you have pictures so i can see how it looks on the car installed? thanks for all of your suggestions and opinions on the exhaust.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qv8_6JtiT4w?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qv8_6JtiT4w?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jIbf9WTt9OU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jIbf9WTt9OU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

take off the cats. IF you want a better sound, though not legal (in most states, deff. cali), no cats. I just took off the ARK DT-S to try something new. Had it without cats and with cats, same as the pride i just bought. I heard the pride with cats on the owners car and no cats on my car. IMO most exhausts sound basically the same with cats. When the ark was on my car all my friends said keep it cause the owners pride didn't sound that impressive. Then I bought pride anyways cause i knew the potential and wow. Since I have gone from a beefy ARK to a Raspy pride (I like the rasp, think it sounds sweet). So no matter what you choose, take off the cats. I never heard the gtlw in person, but when I was in your boat it was between leaving the ARK i had or trying to get the Taitec JGTC but counldnt pass up to opportunity on the pride I got. Hope that helps.

just saw the stmpo vid, thats sick. Though that exhaust is no where legal at all in cali lol. If i had the pride/V5.1 first and wanted a more beefy exhaust I would have got that. Thats like my ark doubled in raw power lol.

Last edited:
I have the Angus AP-X hand made by Angus on this site. I love the sound I have with stock manifolds and cats on my 95. Not too loud in my neighborhood at low throttle and fantastic sound in VTEC at wide open throttle. Many examples on you tube if you search angus nsx etc.

Peter

Last edited:
Ross....I know nothing about exhausts so please don't think I am being ignorant with you when I ask.....does the Messiah you have in the photos have the cats?

Is this exhaust legal in Phoenix and will it pass emissions like it is in the photo?

How much is the Messiah installed?

I loved the license plate mod on the NSX in Pulp Fiction. I wonder if many Primer's caught it!

I drove by your shop last week and couldn't believe how many NSX's you were working on. I counted about eight. Business must be good!

Good to have you back bro!

Ross....I know nothing about exhausts so please don't think I am being ignorant with you when I ask.....does the Messiah you have in the photos have the cats?

Is this exhaust legal in Phoenix and will it pass emissions like it is in the photo?

How much is the Messiah installed?

I loved the license plate mod on the NSX in Pulp Fiction. I wonder if many Primer's caught it!

I drove by your shop last week and couldn't believe how many NSX's you were working on. I counted about eight. Business must be good!

Good to have you back bro!

No pun taken bro...

We have not sold a Messiah with cats yet since all 5 buyers did not want them

We could have included cats on all 5 Messiah's we made

A Messiah without cats is streetable in most states.... the LE in AZ has no training like CA LE...

A Messiah with cats will pass emissions.

A Messiah will fit any year NSX

Every Messiah ordered is customized to what the end user wants... the only thing that stays the same is the highest level of craftsmanship and materials.

Today we make the mufflers as well... we offer a wide range of sound levels, canister sizes, canister packing, tips.... ect... ect

Any modification requested has been delivered and the end user has been ecstatic with their purchase.

Since The Messiah has so many customizations... pricing varies based the end user.

The Messiah in the picture above with cats would cost 2400.00...

We would be honored to bolt it on your NSX free of charge

Have the Taitec GT Lightweight and Header combo and I can safely say the sound is absolutely intoxicating!!

Taitec GTLW vs GT-One F1 v.5.1 SS:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmkwUgQmlcg?fs=1&hl=sv_SE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmkwUgQmlcg?fs=1&hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Its a no brainer if you ask me.

Nice job Racing Heart!

GTLW sounded much better in my opinion!

Recently switched from a Taitec GT-102 to a Pride v5.1 with test pipes. I thought my GT-102 sounded amazing....the 5.1 with test pipes is what I had been looking for. It is not a "raspy" as I thought it would be, nice deep sound at idle and once you get into the higher RPM's it screams. I have heard the GTLW and the 5.1 blows it away in terms of sound, I think the test pipes really helped the sound. Mark @ Pride is A+ in terms of customer service.

Nice job Racing Heart!

GTLW sounded much better in my opinion!

lol, your kidding right? I think the best compromise between great flow and high pitch sound would be the angus APX exhaust. It has the scream of the GT one Version 6.1 but without that spaghetti shape.

I personally love the high pitch sound since it makes the car sound more exotic. The low bass sounding exhaust makes the NSX sound kind of like a muscle car which I do not like at all. I have a ARK DTS =(

Last edited:
Back