• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who abandoned their NSX in Dubai?

just tow it to your house and part it out. then sell the chassis for scrap metal. who is gonna come after you for taking it?

it can never be exported and never registered anywhere its a scrap car in my book.

or you can turn it into a track car, and get a Track car title and then export it, then put the parts back on to make it street legal and then register it.

and now the car has been saved.

My thoughts

Actually the car was sold new from Radley Acura on 6/30/1991. Its a US spec car and has had some recall work done over the years. :wink:

Cam,

So cool that you went there and took pics in front of it! I love it and Im jealous! It looks gorgous there and an amazing place...

Last edited:
just tow it to your house and part it out. then sell the chassis for scrap metal. who is gonna come after you for taking it?

it can never be exported and never registered anywhere its a scrap car in my book.

or you can turn it into a track car, and get a Track car title and then export it, then put the parts back on to make it street legal and then register it.

and now the car has been saved.

:eek: might get your head cut off over there...

hahahaha. keep us posted..... I would love to see how long it stays there lol there are so many reasons why it could be there....who cares.. I vote NSX statue :wink:

Actually the car was sold new from Radley Acura on 6/30/1991. Its a US spec car and has had some recall work done over the years. :wink:

Cam,

So cool that you went there and took pics in front of it! I love it and Im jealous! It looks gorgous there and an amazing place...

Mike - any idea how long the car was in the U.S. for? Its odometer reads 29,xxx miles.

Actually where this car is located is WAY....outside Dubai (basically a construction zone...some finished properties some not...)

If you look at pic 3 past my wife's XC90 you can just see the Dubai skyline in the distance.

Open door if you're keen to come visit!

Guys - I'm tempted to take the NSX however couldn't Interpol or someone catch me shipping parts back to Canada? I just don't think its worth the risk...

The municipality will collect the car, Roads and Transport Authority will then decide whether or not the car can be re-registered. If it hadn't been legally imported then they most likely will crush it.

I could nab it and turn it into a track car...tempting. But still how do you ship what could be a "stolen" car back home?

What to do?:wink:

look into the lost property laws over there, i know if you find something your are required to put something in the newspaper for 3 days or something if no-one steps up then take it.

shipping parts, these parts dont have Vin numbers on them, or serial numbers, I would do it.

track car it, if you are scared to get your head cut off then CUT the VIN out of the engine bay and front hood area, peel the sticker off if there is one in the door jam, and pry the VIn from the dash.

done,

I would have a tow trunk deliver it to your house let it sit in your garage.

if no-one claims it after a few newspaper postings then file paper work to take ownership,

read this,

Possession is nine-tenths of the law is a concept meaning that ownership is easier to maintain if one has possession of something, and much more difficult to enforce if one does not. It has been described thus: "The suggestion here is that in a property dispute (whether real or personal), in the absence of clear and compelling testimony or documentation to the contrary, the person in actual possession of the property is presumed to be the rightful owner. The shirt or blouse you are currently wearing is presumed to be yours, unless someone can prove that it is not."<SUP id=cite_ref-0 class=reference>[1]</SUP> It has been said that the adage is not to be taken as true to the full extent, so as to mean that the person in possession can only be ousted by one whose title is nine times better than his, but that it places in a strong light the legal truth that every claimant must succeed by the strength of his own title, and not by the weakness of his antagonist's.

heres the link to that article good luck let us know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possession_is_9/10ths_of_the_law

look into the lost property laws over there, i know if you find something your are required to put something in the newspaper for 3 days or something if no-one steps up then take it.

shipping parts, these parts dont have Vin numbers on them, or serial numbers, I would do it.

track car it, if you are scared to get your head cut off then CUT the VIN out of the engine bay and front hood area, peel the sticker off if there is one in the door jam, and pry the VIn from the dash.

done,

if no-one claims it after a few newspaper postings then file paper work to take ownership,

Shawn I hear you but this is the Middle East and there are no laws like that.

Trust me I've thought about this thru and thru and with it being a security enforced area I'd have a tough time getting a transport truck in there to take it away.

However tempting this is I'm alot more comfortable knowing a) I already own a NSX so the benefit of owning another is kind of lost on me b) not worth the risk for such little gain and c) its yellow and beat up:wink:

Sad in a way though that its just sitting there. I also know of two others...a Lotus Esprit and Ferrari Mondial 8.

http://www.crankandpiston.com/20116319/down-on-the-street-ferrari-mondial-8/

done,

read this,

Possession is nine-tenths of the law is a concept meaning that ownership is easier to maintain if one has possession of something, and much more difficult to enforce if one does not. It has been described thus: "The suggestion here is that in a property dispute (whether real or personal), in the absence of clear and compelling testimony or documentation to the contrary, the person in actual possession of the property is presumed to be the rightful owner. The shirt or blouse you are currently wearing is presumed to be yours, unless someone can prove that it is not."<SUP id=cite_ref-0 class=reference>[1]</SUP> It has been said that the adage is not to be taken as true to the full extent, so as to mean that the person in possession can only be ousted by one whose title is nine times better than his, but that it places in a strong light the legal truth that every claimant must succeed by the strength of his own title, and not by the weakness of his antagonist's.

heres the link to that article good luck let us know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possession_is_9/10ths_of_the_law

This is all meaningless in Dubai. You could hire a lawyer locally to research what the laws in Dubai are on the issue, or even talk to local auto dealers as I'm sure several of them have been tempted to take abandoned vehicles and sell them.

A tip of the hat to Dubai for the fact this car has been sitting in the open for almost a year without being stolen or stripped.

A tip of the hat to Dubai for the fact this car has been sitting in the open for almost a year without being stolen or stripped.

That's the wicked part of living in the Middle East...commit a crime, stay in a not so nice jail, do the time and you are deported immediately after (banned for life).

We can leave our windows and doors open and never would you feel unsafe. I can honestly admit its safer here than North America for sure.

Anyone have a private cargo plane? Let's go get it! :biggrin: We'll do one of those fly over pick-ups... we'll get jetpilot to rig it up with a harness and a balloon and we'll fly over it and snatch it up like the C130s do it (with those scissor noses).

We can leave our windows and doors open and never would you feel unsafe. I can honestly admit its safer here than North America for sure.

Never would have thought.

Will it fit into a shipping container? Hummmmm
Do you have any native car shop buddies that might be able to help you out with some repairs or removals (part it and ship it in a container)?
I would tend to keep a distance from personal involvement butttt might consider hiring someone to help out the local economy.
hehehehehehehe
Give one of the boys at the local police station some US $$$ for some inside information as to options rather then crusing the car. Most third world nations work somewhat different then here in the usa. Money talks much louder then a smile and a handshake----everyone is on the take one way or another.
I'm not sure that messing with that car is worth the rath of the evil eye--just look at what happend with this blue guy---this is where that eye came from!!!:wink:

Will it fit into a shipping container? Hummmmm
Do you have any native car shop buddies that might be able to help you out with some repairs or removals (part it and ship it in a container)?
I would tend to keep a distance from personal involvement butttt might consider hiring someone to help out the local economy.
hehehehehehehe
Give one of the boys at the local police station some US $$$ for some inside information as to options rather then crusing the car. Most third world nations work somewhat different then here in the usa. Money talks much louder then a smile and a handshake----everyone is on the take one way or another.
I'm not sure that messing with that car is worth the rath of the evil eye--just look at what happend with this blue guy---this is where that eye came from!!!:wink:

I don't think the UAE counts as 3rd world

Last edited:
Never would have thought.

It's obvious in this exact case... LOL... If this NSX was sitting anywhere here in the States for anything longer than a week (shoot not even a week probably) it would already be stripped and sold for parts! :biggrin:

Last edited:
I say go to the Acura dealership with the VIN number and have them cut you a key. . .
Then go (probably with a jumper battery) to see if the car even starts. . take it around the block and park it back in the same place. . none would be the wiser. . :smile:

Oh this was mine, so glad you found it! Just couldn't remember where i parked it the other month, good lookin' out :wink:

How far is your location from it? If you took it (save it), could you ever register it or get title? Is there paperwork inside as to get in contact with the owner, or a way to contact the owner? Curious how an abandon car can sit for so long and not get towed.

This car has been getting so much attention here (in Dubai)! I've spoken to people from all over who ask about the car and if I know of it. Thankfully Cam did all the ground work for us when he first saw the car so I can safely tell them to leave it alone!

I'm going to keep my eye out to see if it goes on the local auction scene - reclaimed/abandoned vehicles - but most likely as Cam mentioned, probably going to get crushed - shame :(

Back