• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Who makes the LOUDEST exhaust?

Cruising in my car yesterday I realized I could hear all the Beamers, P-cars, F-cars, even motorcycles cruising nearby, but I couldn't actually hear my own car. This obviously won't do.

I am currently on CT headers, stock exhaust, and this is California so I can't really take out the cats and switch to "test pipes" (cough cough)

Just don't use a muffler at all. Come out of the cats and go to tips. It's super lightweight, super loud, and super cheap. :biggrin:

Just don't use a muffler at all. Come out of the cats and go to tips. It's super lightweight, super loud, and super cheap. :biggrin:

Nice! Is it reversible or would I have to buy a spare stock exhaust to hack up?

my car is pretty loud with ct headers and pride v2... but the lamborghini murcielago's in town still drown me out. it can be louder with testpipes, though. i don't recommend doing what TURBO2GO said because it will sound like crap. of course, that is all subjective and some people do not share in my good taste.

my car is pretty loud with ct headers and pride v2... but the lamborghini murcielago's in town still drown me out. it can be louder with testpipes, though. i don't recommend doing what TURBO2GO said because it will sound like crap. of course, that is all subjective and some people do not share in my good taste.

Lambos are allowed to drown me out, but I draw the line at being quieter than a BMW M3.

I get it, Japanese cars are designed to let people who are packed into dense cities get some shut-eye...

Let's assume that when I get pulled over for my car being too loud, I don't want to get caught without my cats on...

Just have a muffler shop do the pipes for you. Go into some resonated tips. It's easy to sort of see what it sounds like. Remove the muffler and start the car. With pipes it'll be slightly quieter and more refined. It's not a big investment if you didn't like it, and it will definitely be loud. The cats are essentially your mufflers.

Let's assume that when I get pulled over for my car being too loud, I don't want to get caught without my cats on...
Then you don't want it loud if your worried about being stopped. But you can run HF cats. Give POKNOW a pm. He has a low mile V2 for sale. He's really not wanting to ship but you may convince him. I would check classifieds here for some used HF cats or pm Brian@Prospeed for some. Keeps you more or less legal and still plenty loud enough.

Lambos are allowed to drown me out, but I draw the line at being quieter than a BMW M3.

I get it, Japanese cars are designed to let people who are packed into dense cities get some shut-eye...

I have a E92 M3 with Akrapovic evoution exhaust, intake, ecu and a couple local nsx still drowns me out pretty easily

not sure what mods on the nsx tho :confused:

image.jpg

I have a E92 M3 with Akrapovic evoution exhaust, intake, ecu and a couple local nsx still drowns me out pretty easily

not sure what mods on the nsx tho :confused:

Fair enough. Stock exhaust is probably a big part of my problem :)

I guess you are not looking for a low noise floor? You want a super loud exhaust and you want a DSP in your car to fine tune the acoustics? LOL

I guess you are not looking for a low noise floor? You want a super loud exhaust and you want a DSP in your car to fine tune the acoustics? LOL

I guess it would be easier to tie a synth/sampler to the tach over ODBII and use it as an input to the DSP so I can control the exhaust volume...

I have a hard time believing a cop is going to get down on his hands and knees to look under your car and search for the cats which he most likely has no idea where they might be. He might send you to a ref but he isnt going to waste his time trying to find the cats on your car.

Meanwhile before you go to inspection you just switch in the cats and oem exhaust.

for loudest honors you will need to delete cats,once you do anything called a "race" exhaust will do,the taitec jgtc is loud,as is kakimoto. I think you will enjoy your decision for about a month:wink:

Fair enough. Stock exhaust is probably a big part of my problem :)

I agree, stock exhaust on the NSX & M3 is too quiet... definitely not suited to the car's sporting image. Honda and BMW could use a lesson from AMG, their stock exhaust are done pretty well. IMO the V10 M5/M6 should have came stock with Eisenmann exhaust

Kakimoto is the loudest, most ridiculous exhaust I have ever heard. It sounds like a JDM end of the world.

Back