• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why don't more owners run cams?

I have been on the fence with cams for years. It seems for the NSX, in order for cams to make sense you need other mods to work with them: high comp pistons, adj cam gears, engine management, etc. It also seems that Honda intentionally designed the cams to not provide maximum usable power (I doubt they cared about chasing peak numbers), but instead hit a specific target, which was 280 ps per the gentleman's agreement.

If you think about it, the C30A puts out 93 hp/L in stock config (276 / 3). NSX developers have said they intentionally used the crappy NA1 manifolds to choke the engine, and adding factory NA2 headers adds about 16 hp at the crank, giving us 97 hp/L (292 / 3). So, a stock C30A using Honda's correct manifolds is a 97 hp/L engine. When you consider the F20C, designed by the same people using similar technology, is at 120 hp/L, it is evident to me there is a lot of NA power in the C30A to be tapped- about 69 hp using the above calculations.

Since the exhaust is optimized and we know the heads flow extremely well, it seems the rest of the NA power is really bottled up in the valvetrain. But valvetrain is tricky, since most of the time it results in a tempermental, unruly engine. You need good tuning and engine management to make the most of a cam upgrade, and that is very hard to find with the NSX. One thing holding me back from mods like these is all of the reported problems I see. A hallmark of the NSX is its reliability and versatility. That means it runs the same no matter if is 20 degrees outside or 100, humid or dry, 6000 ft or next to the ocean. It always starts, idles smooth and pulls hard. Almost every single person who posts starting, idling or running CEL issues here on Prime has some sort of engine management mod- AEM, HKS, CT, chips etc. This tells me that now matter how good your Honda tuning "guru" is, he still is a self-taught kid with a laptop and a wideband trying to guesstimate the fuel and timing curves of my $25,000 engine.

So, if I put cams in my NSX, that means I am going to have to have someone tune it to run correctly. I have not seen anything yet to convince me the aftermarket can do it as well as Honda. Hence, I am running stock valvetrain, though I would love a solution that would deliver the maximum reliable power potential of our C30A. Cams seem to be a big part of that, after exhaust, but like Loc said, there really is no market solution.

It would be interesting to see how the RDX mod performs with (1) stock cams; (2) SOS mild lift; and (3) CT or Toda high lift. I wonder if the two would compliment each other?

In my nsx I have a ford gt v8 engine that I swapped. The car when I bought it from eBay had a destroyed engine and messed up front components. I got the replacement components for the nsx from eBay also. And I had a totaled ford gt laying around my yard. I checked its engine to see if it worked still. It does. So I swapped the engines between the two. The gt got the nsx engine nsx got gt engine. I had to order ford racing adapters for the engine wiring. And I'm not sure if this is supposed to be done. I race this a lot. And I've found out what it does around corners and all that jazz. And it was an awesome build.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I don't understand is this. When I hooked my nitrous kit up why do I have to keep the thing off the roads and keep it at the track to drive it and have it on my yard. It just helps with performance and passing. And why do cops care about what people do with their cars. It's the owners property not the cops property unless they. Own it. So owners can do what they want to the car

In my nsx I have a ford gt v8 engine that I swapped. The car when I bought it from eBay had a destroyed engine and messed up front components. I got the replacement components for the nsx from eBay also. And I had a totaled ford gt laying around my yard. I checked its engine to see if it worked still. It does. So I swapped the engines between the two. The gt got the nsx engine nsx got gt engine. I had to order ford racing adapters for the engine wiring. And I'm not sure if this is supposed to be done. I race this a lot. And I've found out what it does around corners and all that jazz. And it was an awesome build.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I don't understand is this. When I hooked my nitrous kit up why do I have to keep the thing off the roads and keep it at the track to drive it and have it on my yard. It just helps with performance and passing. And why do cops care about what people do with their cars. It's the owners property not the cops property unless they. Own it. So owners can do what they want to the car

Hahaha I heard smoking DMT is a good experience :)

Guys this is a troll. Mods, please delete that comment.

Hardly. I was having just as much fun with my comment as racer9x and yet no one paid attention to that comment. You should be questioning people's integrity when it comes to their statements instead of throwing labels around. Especially one who is a guest making bizarre swap claims with bogus information. I am a contributing member here and will be making more contributions to the NSX community in the coming months. Have a nice day :)

Hardly. I was having just as much fun with my comment as racer9x and yet no one paid attention to that comment. You should be questioning people's integrity when it comes to their statements instead of throwing labels around. Especially one who is a guest making bizarre swap claims with bogus information. I am a contributing member here and will be making more contributions to the NSX community in the coming months. Have a nice day :)

I think he was describing Jordan farris.....who was trolling...

I think he was describing Jordan farris.....who was trolling...

It would make more sense, but without quoting the person with whom you are referring, it makes my assumption obvious. Thank you for adding some clarity though.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been on the fence with cams for years. It seems for the NSX, in order for cams to make sense you need other mods to work with them: high comp pistons, adj cam gears, engine management, etc. It also seems that Honda intentionally designed the cams to not provide maximum usable power (I doubt they cared about chasing peak numbers), but instead hit a specific target, which was 280 ps per the gentleman's agreement.

If you think about it, the C30A puts out 93 hp/L in stock config (276 / 3). NSX developers have said they intentionally used the crappy NA1 manifolds to choke the engine, and adding factory NA2 headers adds about 16 hp at the crank, giving us 97 hp/L (292 / 3). So, a stock C30A using Honda's correct manifolds is a 97 hp/L engine. When you consider the F20C, designed by the same people using similar technology, is at 120 hp/L, it is evident to me there is a lot of NA power in the C30A to be tapped- about 69 hp using the above calculations.

Since the exhaust is optimized and we know the heads flow extremely well, it seems the rest of the NA power is really bottled up in the valvetrain. But valvetrain is tricky, since most of the time it results in a tempermental, unruly engine. You need good tuning and engine management to make the most of a cam upgrade, and that is very hard to find with the NSX. One thing holding me back from mods like these is all of the reported problems I see. A hallmark of the NSX is its reliability and versatility. That means it runs the same no matter if is 20 degrees outside or 100, humid or dry, 6000 ft or next to the ocean. It always starts, idles smooth and pulls hard. Almost every single person who posts starting, idling or running CEL issues here on Prime has some sort of engine management mod- AEM, HKS, CT, chips etc. This tells me that now matter how good your Honda tuning "guru" is, he still is a self-taught kid with a laptop and a wideband trying to guesstimate the fuel and timing curves of my $25,000 engine.

So, if I put cams in my NSX, that means I am going to have to have someone tune it to run correctly. I have not seen anything yet to convince me the aftermarket can do it as well as Honda. Hence, I am running stock valvetrain, though I would love a solution that would deliver the maximum reliable power potential of our C30A. Cams seem to be a big part of that, after exhaust, but like Loc said, there really is no market solution.

It would be interesting to see how the RDX mod performs with (1) stock cams; (2) SOS mild lift; and (3) CT or Toda high lift. I wonder if the two would compliment each other?

You are right about most tuners. They get a few experiences with these potato "chips" off the internet and they think they can tune anything. They mostly consider doing their "research" using google all of the time without knowing the fundamentals of tuning to begin with. The customers who have these hiccups with their tunes have fallen victim to what I call fast food tuning. Most shops are pressured by the customer to get the tune done as quickly as possible. The ones who know what they are doing put the right amount of time into the tune rather than getting it done as quickly as possible. People often forget that OEM car companies put a lot more time into building the VE than just a software basemap calculator and an hour on the dyno. Ask Devin Pearce from AEM how his NSX runs with an EMS. He wouldn't settle for less than OEM startup and driveability which is why it works so well. You can build a near perfect tune for all conditions/most fuels if the right amount of time and effort is put into the work. Fundamentals of building an engine? Forget it. I've had to fix so many f### ups because they had their buddy do it who is the Honda "master".

As far as cams go for the C30/C32 engine? Getting the best of both worlds (power/ reliability) isn't impossible. The problem with some camshaft manufacturers is that their approach to designing cams for the Honda heads follows a very basic pattern; especially turbo cams and therefore do not give the results we should see from a good cam. We have it easy running three lobes per two valves and various profiles. You can have a very mild mannered profile for the primaries which will give you all of the driveability you desire, idle quality, good emissions, etc. and then you can make for a very aggressive high lift profile that will give you all the power up top and RPM the bottom end can handle. How to get a decent torque curve out of these two different profiles requires more than just good fuel tuning. That's why there are things like variable intake runners to help get maximum port velocity at low engine speeds. Ferrari have been able to get this to work without VTEC for so long with their small displacement V8s while getting insane top end. The high compression on the C engine is already there. The displacement is so-so. The stroke allows for tons of high rev opportunities while keeping piston speeds under control to further increase the torque curve. The options out there now for cams? The best ones I've seen in the profile department are the Todas and they aren't that big of a cam. The only thing close to the high lift specs that will work well are the spec C's; but the cam still isn't big enough. The problem with those cams is that they were deisgned for the ITBs which is clearly evident by profiles. Good for those who already have the ITB's as they will work pretty damn well with that setup. The spec A's just don't produce enough results but are streetable cams nonetheless. The low cam profile of the spec C's don't promote swirl (bad economy/emissions) and people will complain about idle as well. But then again these cams were not deisnged for such things other than to get business done.

What these motors lack from my experiences with dyno testing custom parts is the damn engine cannot breathe well enough. The exhaust, intake, and header combos I have made and others I have tested attest to this notion. I have done custom intake and exhaust combos (only parts added from stock)that maxxed out the stock fuel injectors on the 3.0 engines (went to a 15:1 AFR on WOT). It gives the impression that in just these two small areas alone the engine can breathe significantly better. Imagine what can be done with the right intake manifold/cam package.

This is what I am currently working on. I look at what is available and there are a lot of areas on the engine that people aren't playing with that can make a great deal of difference in regards to power/torque. I am sure many companies didn't touch making these parts simply because of the lack of customers and therefore lack of money. I am currently planning on testing two different camshaft designs and an intake manifold design that I'm absolutely positive will give ridiculous power gains to this engine both naturally aspirated and FI, while still giving everyone the basic essentials required for a daily driver. It will be good for both on and off of the track, and economy won't suffer too much. The cost will be sweeter too. That is just to start. In light of all my rambling, and to comment on your post, don't lose hope..yet :)

P.S There is a way to get more flow out of the cylinder heads as well. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
I am currently planning on testing two different camshaft designs and an intake manifold design that I'm absolutely positive will give ridiculous power gains to this engine both naturally aspirated and FI, while still giving everyone the basic essentials required for a daily driver.

I look forward to seeing what you develop!

You might want to contact Jon Martin who spent about three years evaluating the NSX's engine design, carrying out calculations, developing new parts such as camshafts, and then measuring their impact on a dyno.

found a set of reground cams in one of my few pairs of heads.. yes found haha previous owner had no idea either as far as I know as he never used those heads, no idea of sizes yet waiting to send them away so will keep posted :) yay

What these motors lack from my experiences with dyno testing custom parts is the damn engine cannot breathe well enough. The exhaust, intake, and header combos I have made and others I have tested attest to this notion. I have done custom intake and exhaust combos (only parts added from stock)that maxxed out the stock fuel injectors on the 3.0 engines (went to a 15:1 AFR on WOT). It gives the impression that in just these two small areas alone the engine can breathe significantly better. Imagine what can be done with the right intake manifold/cam package.

This is what I am currently working on. I look at what is available and there are a lot of areas on the engine that people aren't playing with that can make a great deal of difference in regards to power/torque. I am sure many companies didn't touch making these parts simply because of the lack of customers and therefore lack of money. I am currently planning on testing two different camshaft designs and an intake manifold design that I'm absolutely positive will give ridiculous power gains to this engine both naturally aspirated and FI, while still giving everyone the basic essentials required for a daily driver. It will be good for both on and off of the track, and economy won't suffer too much. The cost will be sweeter too. That is just to start. In light of all my rambling, and to comment on your post, don't lose hope..yet :)

P.S There is a way to get more flow out of the cylinder heads as well. Stay tuned.[/QUOTE]

Staying tuned alright any sort of time frame as I want to do this but not in a hurry if there are other options coming along, I have spare heads and cams waiting

Staying tuned alright any sort of time frame as I want to do this but not in a hurry if there are other options coming along, I have spare heads and cams waiting[/QUOTE]

The cams will not be regrinds if anyone is curious, but the heads will have a custom CNC port program done if the results are up to my standards. I am currently looking for a set of cheap bare heads to work with (which will save time), otherwise I will use mine when I do the teardown this coming Fall for my build. Hope that gives you an idea of time.

Last edited:
It would make more sense, but without quoting the person with whom you are referring, it makes my assumption obvious. Thank you for adding some clarity though.

Yep, I was aiming at this ferris guy, not you. Still waiting for mods to delete that, as we run a tight forum here on Prime. :)

You are right about most tuners. They get a few experiences with these potato "chips" off the internet and they think they can tune anything. They mostly consider doing their "research" using google all of the time without knowing the fundamentals of tuning to begin with. The customers who have these hiccups with their tunes have fallen victim to what I call fast food tuning. Most shops are pressured by the customer to get the tune done as quickly as possible. The ones who know what they are doing put the right amount of time into the tune rather than getting it done as quickly as possible. People often forget that OEM car companies put a lot more time into building the VE than just a software basemap calculator and an hour on the dyno. Ask Devin Pearce from AEM how his NSX runs with an EMS. He wouldn't settle for less than OEM startup and driveability which is why it works so well. You can build a near perfect tune for all conditions/most fuels if the right amount of time and effort is put into the work. Fundamentals of building an engine? Forget it. I've had to fix so many f### ups because they had their buddy do it who is the Honda "master".

As far as cams go for the C30/C32 engine? Getting the best of both worlds (power/ reliability) isn't impossible. The problem with some camshaft manufacturers is that their approach to designing cams for the Honda heads follows a very basic pattern; especially turbo cams and therefore do not give the results we should see from a good cam. We have it easy running three lobes per two valves and various profiles. You can have a very mild mannered profile for the primaries which will give you all of the driveability you desire, idle quality, good emissions, etc. and then you can make for a very aggressive high lift profile that will give you all the power up top and RPM the bottom end can handle. How to get a decent torque curve out of these two different profiles requires more than just good fuel tuning. That's why there are things like variable intake runners to help get maximum port velocity at low engine speeds. Ferrari have been able to get this to work without VTEC for so long with their small displacement V8s while getting insane top end. The high compression on the C engine is already there. The displacement is so-so. The stroke allows for tons of high rev opportunities while keeping piston speeds under control to further increase the torque curve. The options out there now for cams? The best ones I've seen in the profile department are the Todas and they aren't that big of a cam. The only thing close to the high lift specs that will work well are the spec C's; but the cam still isn't big enough. The problem with those cams is that they were deisgned for the ITBs which is clearly evident by profiles. Good for those who already have the ITB's as they will work pretty damn well with that setup. The spec A's just don't produce enough results but are streetable cams nonetheless. The low cam profile of the spec C's don't promote swirl (bad economy/emissions) and people will complain about idle as well. But then again these cams were not deisnged for such things other than to get business done.

P.S There is a way to get more flow out of the cylinder heads as well. Stay tuned.

What a wonderful post. It is nice to see some folks taking the C30A seriously. I too hope you come up with something that works to preserve the Honda OEM reliability and driveability while delivering the full WOT potential of the engine. Many have tried and failed, as it involves a lot of R&D time and money. Comptech had a alot of experience in the 90's with the Spice cars and eventually determined NA was not economically viable and switched to the SC. But, tuning and software have come far since then so maybe with today's engine management things could be different. I think you are spot on about how there needs to be a package for it to work right. Cams, intake, injectors and ECU all working together. That's a lot of dyno time though...I hope you have a resource.

Good resources who may have already done a piece of this legwork are Jon Martin, Chris at SOS, Shad Huntley and Adnan at AS Motorsport in Europe. I am sure they would be happy to lend their advice to you. My dream is the same as many other owners- identical driveability and reliability as my OEM NSX, but a power curve about 50 hp higher across the band when I push the loud pedal. :D I think the base engine has this potential in it- the point of my original post is that we just need to figure out how to extract it. Cams are a big part of that, I think.

Also, a note on the exhaust. My NSX came with a RM Racing tri-flo muffler that was very low backpressure and delivered a noticeable increase in power above 6000 rpm, like most of these high-flow mufflers do. I put a 1991 factory muffler on in its place (mostly b/c I wanted my NSX to sound like the cars in the best motoring videos lol) and was STUNNED at the improvement in low-mid speed throttle response and torque. I may have lost a few hp at the top, but the car drives so much better with the "crappy" factory can on it. Just goes to show that chasing peak numbers or max power does not always result in a better driving experience.

Also, a note on the exhaust. My NSX came with a RM Racing tri-flo muffler that was very low backpressure and delivered a noticeable increase in power above 6000 rpm, like most of these high-flow mufflers do. I put a 1991 factory muffler on in its place (mostly b/c I wanted my NSX to sound like the cars in the best motoring videos lol) and was STUNNED at the improvement in low-mid speed throttle response and torque. I may have lost a few hp at the top, but the car drives so much better with the "crappy" factory can on it. Just goes to show that chasing peak numbers or max power does not always result in a better driving experience.
Hopefully, you're able to measure the tq gain at some point in the future. I felt it too but I don't trust my butt dyno as much. It's tough to decipher when the noise of a loud exhaust throws off my senses.

I designed my exhaust system with this in mind however. It's restricted at low rpms to keep noise down with the side effect of theoretically keeping tq up..yet at high rpms it's free flowing thru large diameter piping bypassing the cats entirely. Like dmscrx eluded to.. it's like having variable runner length intakes in a way. By the time I got it to the dyno I already slapped on my blower which dulls out any impact of the open/close exhaust valves.

Yep, I was aiming at this ferris guy, not you. Still waiting for mods to delete that, as we run a tight forum here on Prime. :)

What a wonderful post. It is nice to see some folks taking the C30A seriously. I too hope you come up with something that works to preserve the Honda OEM reliability and driveability while delivering the full WOT potential of the engine. Many have tried and failed, as it involves a lot of R&D time and money. Comptech had a alot of experience in the 90's with the Spice cars and eventually determined NA was not economically viable and switched to the SC. But, tuning and software have come far since then so maybe with today's engine management things could be different. I think you are spot on about how there needs to be a package for it to work right. Cams, intake, injectors and ECU all working together. That's a lot of dyno time though...I hope you have a resource.

Good resources who may have already done a piece of this legwork are Jon Martin, Chris at SOS, Shad Huntley and Adnan at AS Motorsport in Europe. I am sure they would be happy to lend their advice to you. My dream is the same as many other owners- identical driveability and reliability as my OEM NSX, but a power curve about 50 hp higher across the band when I push the loud pedal. :D I think the base engine has this potential in it- the point of my original post is that we just need to figure out how to extract it. Cams are a big part of that, I think.

I will never chase just "peak" numbers. They offer nothing in the realm of real world performance. If something picks up a peak of 50hp within 500rpm but the whole power band is now lower elsewhere you are realistically using that "peak" power for a .10 .20 seconds of the power band. Negligible in my book. The power curve needs to shift upwards as a whole. I had a customer that didn't think we could get any more power out of his CTSC NSX. He had the high boost pulley and all of the big name bolt ons and everyone online told him there wasn't much more to be made. I convinced him to let me fab him a prototype intake and 3 inch dual aluminum exhaust and promised him more power or the R&D was on the house. He picked up 35-40whp and 25-30Tq from start to finish of the entire power pull. Most of the parts I design will sacrifice a little down low (rpms that are never used at WOT) and gain lots throughout the rest of the power band. I would rather lose 10hp/tq at 3k but pick up 35-50hp from 4k to 9k. That is almost always the sacrifice when you want to make good power.

My resources are more than adequate at the moment to make my ideas work. I have been fabricating custom parts for Honda/Acuras since 1997. I have been working on NSXs since 2001. I have a performance and fabrication shop. I have good relationships with CNC machine shops and parts manufacturers so if something needs done on a larger scale it is possible. Since I now own one (NSX) I can do to it what I want as most customers don't like to try new things. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but nothing ever gets done without putting in the hard effort and sticking your neck out (which I will do with my own car). If I can extract more than 250hp per cylinder on a Honda 4 banger, I can't wait to see what I'll do with a 6 :) Sure I'll be the guinea pig. I am glad to see there are a few NSX owners like yourself out there that want to think outside the box and try new things.

Last edited:
Sorry, this is a bit OT.

I think i'm one of the few in here who would like to try new things when it comes to the CTSC. I think the biggest bottleneck in the system is the TB followed by the exhaust then the IM. I've already been able to get ~30whp more on my puny low boost 1.7L Autorotor with my own set of mods on the stock CTSC fueling. This is on crap CA 91 oct gas. For more power the consensus here is to go with a bigger displacement blower (2.1L or 2.3L) or just up the pulley. I've since upgraded EMSs and still chasing more efficiency on the 1.7L with the big pulley.

I'd love to chat with you one day on your ideas if you're willing to share (I do understand you're trying to run a business). Right now.. i'm struggling with heat issues which i'm picking away at but very slowly...

Sorry, this is a bit OT.

I think i'm one of the few in here who would like to try new things when it comes to the CTSC. I think the biggest bottleneck in the system is the TB followed by the exhaust then the IM. I've already been able to get ~30whp more on my puny low boost 1.7L Autorotor with my own set of mods on the stock CTSC fueling. This is on crap CA 91 oct gas. For more power the consensus here is to go with a bigger displacement blower (2.1L or 2.3L) or just up the pulley. I've since upgraded EMSs and still chasing more efficiency on the 1.7L with the big pulley.

I'd love to chat with you one day on your ideas if you're willing to share (I do understand you're trying to run a business). Right now.. i'm struggling with heat issues which i'm picking away at but very slowly...

That's understandable, and am always sad to hear about the fuel you guys on the west have to run. The customer I'm referring to has the 1.6L Whipple with the high boost pulley. The mods I did for him were way cheaper alternatives to getting a different charger. I would love to spend peoples money for them and get them the best stuff, but I can't most of the time :) I maxxed out the injectors that came with his SC kit after installing the pieces I made for him and went to 550ccs. I did this last year, but now I'm switching him to flex fuel (even bigger injectors) and a different management system to prepare him for turbocharging. Should increase his power even further now that I can fully tune it. You're right about the induction the C motors have. Efficiency is everything and I think there is a great deal of power to be made with a good intake manifold design. I can't wait to get my first prototype and dyno test it. I have tons of ideas I'd like to implement and discuss, but I don't want to jump the gun just yet.

Following this thread for sure.

A great performing (over stock) naturally aspirated NA1. What a great and pure idea!

n/a NA, lol (I make myself smile)

in my build of my c30a I found a set of reground cams :) yay and I have the specs and they mean nothing to me but was wondering if someone could have a look at the sheet I was sent and voice an opinion on these for me in my application, over pm thanks. Cody

That's understandable, and am always sad to hear about the fuel you guys on the west have to run. The customer I'm referring to has the 1.6L Whipple with the high boost pulley. The mods I did for him were way cheaper alternatives to getting a different charger. I would love to spend peoples money for them and get them the best stuff, but I can't most of the time :) I maxxed out the injectors that came with his SC kit after installing the pieces I made for him and went to 550ccs. I did this last year, but now I'm switching him to flex fuel (even bigger injectors) and a different management system to prepare him for turbocharging. Should increase his power even further now that I can fully tune it. You're right about the induction the C motors have. Efficiency is everything and I think there is a great deal of power to be made with a good intake manifold design. I can't wait to get my first prototype and dyno test it. I have tons of ideas I'd like to implement and discuss, but I don't want to jump the gun just yet.

Any update?

Any update?

Flanges are drawn, runners are figured out, the plenum is being designed right now, and I just assessed dedicated vacuum ports and IAT, IAC, etc.(all necessities) The manifold is being designed to fit both targa chassis and normal; one design will work with stock TB and another design will accommodate up to 90MM TB. I should have something a little more promising (hopefully a prototype) in the next month. Anything else you need?

Interested to see the manifold design as this is a well documented bottle neck.

Exactly. There will be pictures and of course dyno results. It won't be endorsed until the power band increase is to my liking. It will be tested on my NA1 which I am refraining from tearing down for my build until I get the manifold done. Next to come will be camshafts.

Flanges are drawn, runners are figured out, the plenum is being designed right now, and I just assessed dedicated vacuum ports and IAT, IAC, etc.(all necessities) The manifold is being designed to fit both targa chassis and normal; one design will work with stock TB and another design will accommodate up to 90MM TB. I should have something a little more promising (hopefully a prototype) in the next month. Anything else you need?

Nope, other than to reiterate what you are doing is awesome. :) I always suspected cam improvements were not having much effect due to the limitations of the intake manifold. I bet your manifolds will multiply the benefits of all cam upgrades: SOS, CT and Toda. It is well documented that NSX heads flow very well in stock form and the major restriction once you increase breathing through displacement and/or cams is the intake. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Back