• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why is my NSX not selling?

it is my opinion (opinion) that there is a VERY tiny % of people that value the car that high that can also afford it. it is completely irrelevant whether that is a good thing or bad... it just makes the sale that much more difficult.

And there's the answer right there.

So the question that I guess reza444 has to ask himself is how long is he willing to wait to liquidate his asset?

I believe that we should do an experiment. Lets have reza444 put his car on ebay, set the lower limit at $65k and see what the true market value really is for the car. It probably won't make it to $65k but it will give us an understanding of the highest amount people would actually bid on the car. It would also let us know how many people actually would bid on the car in the first place, meaning we would know how many people in the area may be in the market.

What do you say guys?

Last edited:
$65K for a 2005 is a steal when you see what some boobs are trying to sell 91-93's for on autotrader.com and other sites for.:rolleyes:

It cracks me up to see someone asking $40K+ for a 92:biggrin: are they serious or just trying to appease the wife by saying they are trying to sell it:wink:

bottom line is if you are in no hurry to sell, ask $65K, if you want to sell in the next month ask $55K...Good luck.

there is a subset amongst us that believes the 05 is worth more than an 02 for various reasons (newer, last year of production, less mileage, warranty perhaps? etc).

there is another subset amongst us that believes that the 05 is not worth more than an 02 for various reasons (no significant change, do not place value on being the "last year", dont care as much about mileage, etc).

so who is right?

BOTH! the car may be worth more to person x (you?) and worth less to person y (me). this is true for any car... at a certain price some people see value in it... others dont. that is a personal decision... there is no absolute answer.

hahaha. An 05 is worth more than an 02--period!

That's a three-year difference. If you belong to the subset that think they are the same car (even if you adjust for mileage, condition, etc.) then I suggest you get some help.

Stop tire-kicking and low-balling all the owners here. You don't even own an NSX do you?

If you stick to the argument that the car will sell faster at 55k, I have no problem with that. But trying to tell everyone that the car is only worth a certain amount because you want it to be worth that much--that's just funny and sad.

keep dreaming.

hahaha. An 05 is worth more than an 02--period!

That's a three-year difference. If you belong to the subset that think they are the same car (even if you adjust for mileage, condition, etc.) then I suggest you get some help.

Stop tire-kicking and low-balling all the owners here. You don't even own an NSX do you?

If you stick to the argument that the car will sell faster at 55k, I have no problem with that. But trying to tell everyone that the car is only worth a certain amount because you want it to be worth that much--that's just funny and sad.

keep dreaming.

uhhh... what is wrong with you? where am i tire kicking or low balling anyone?

did you even read my post? i am NOT TELLING ANYONE that the car is worth $55k... i am saying it is not worth more than that TO ME! the newness of an 05 over an 02 has no value... TO ME. get that through your head.

it is amazing that the concept of "value" is so foreign to you. you value something higher... good for you! i dont have to value it the same as your value. that doesn't mean i am going to go around low balling all 05 owners if i was in the market for the car... i would simply shop around for 02's and avoid the 05 cars. can you comprehend that?

and i already told you... i had an nsx, i sold the nsx, and i am NOT in the market for an nsx.

and i already told you... i had an nsx, i sold the nsx, and i am NOT in the market for an nsx.

Sounds like years '91 -'05 have no value to you. Maybe your on the wrong forum.:confused::confused: :confused: :confused:

Sounds like years '91 -'05 have no value to you. Maybe your on the wrong forum.:confused::confused: :confused: :confused:

ever considered that maybe there are other circumstances involved? that i may have other uses at present for my finances?

If you belong to the subset that think they are the same car (even if you adjust for mileage, condition, etc.) then I suggest you get some help.

Ok... I'm going to admit my ignorance and let you know that I am in that subset.

I thought that there were no changes between 2002 and 2005. So how are they different cars?

Ok... I'm going to admit my ignorance and let you know that I am in that subset.

I thought that there were no changes between 2002 and 2005. So how are they different cars?

#1: there are changes in parts between 2002 and 2004/5
Specifically, but not limited to: shift knob, guage cluster, etc.

Even if we made the fallacious assumption they were the EXACT same car, the difference is the date of production. Do you guys not understand what the year of the car affects its price and value greatly!?!?!

Is this somehow abstract?? The year of the car is one of the most important aspects of its value. Given the same mileage, condition, etc. a 2005 is going to be inherently worth more than a 2002.

I'd hate to shop for wine with you. "Give me your freshest bottle sir. No more of this old stuff."

Last edited:
uhhh... what is wrong with you? where am i tire kicking or low balling anyone?

did you even read my post? i am NOT TELLING ANYONE that the car is worth $55k... i am saying it is not worth more than that TO ME! the newness of an 05 over an 02 has no value... TO ME. get that through your head.

it is amazing that the concept of "value" is so foreign to you. you value something higher... good for you! i dont have to value it the same as your value. that doesn't mean i am going to go around low balling all 05 owners if i was in the market for the car... i would simply shop around for 02's and avoid the 05 cars. can you comprehend that?

100% correct!

unless you happen to chance upon a hardcore enthusiast (aka prime member) that wants your exact car... you will not be able to recover the premium of an 05 over an 02.

this is the same reason that a fellow prime member had to sell his 2000 nsx-t for UNDER $40,000 after it spent almost a year on the market.

You seem to be making a pretty hard statement here about all 05s over all 02s.

Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you were just referring to what YOU personally value the car at: who gives a damn!? Who are you exactly? No one in my opinion.

I can point at his car and say I value it at $20k because that is the maximum amount I am willing to pay for it. That is my personal valuation of the car.

Does that make my post fitting for the thread?

Does that make me a reasonable person?

Should I then go on to argue with people giving the OP good advice about the value of his car while ironically making statements about their concepts (or lack thereof) of value?

I mean, to sum it up, you don't own an NSX (at most, you've owned one for a couple of months) and you came into this post just to post what you personally value the OP's car at--as if that were going to help him in any way? Unless you are buying his car, I don't see what your opinion matters. Then you go on trying to make more fallacious arguments about the values of 05s compared to 02s.

You know you come off sounding a bit foolish. I wouldn't go onto a fine art forum and start insinuating a work of art is worth much lower than it actually is simply because I value it as such. Then try to defend my fallacious argument by saying: "What is wrong with you; you have no concept of value. I am just telling you what I value the painting at."

LOL.

Along with all that has been said.....IMO the worst place to run an add for your vehicle is on an enthusiast forum for that car! Hell man, every forum is the same, there are all the owners that feel their car is worth way more than perhaps it really is and there are "possible" buyers trying to bash themselves into a bargain by stating every reason under the sun why the car is only worth "X" amount. Do yourself a favor...place your add (as others have stated) on Autotrader and perhaps on a couple of other sites of that type with a gripping description and some really nice photo's to back it up.
I can tell you that I had not even heard of this site when I decided I wanted an NSX. I did know that I wanted as late a model as I could afford (for lots of reasons) and the color I wanted as well, and that is what I looked for. I ended up with an '03 with 11k miles and paid 63k for it one year ago. Could I have done better??? I don't know and really don't even care. It was what I wanted and in the correct condition and that was the asking price. I am not the only one with that attitude, you will sell your car...perhaps not at exactly your price, but then again don't we all price them a little high expecting to be talked down to what is "really" your price. Good luck!

I'm still think that ebay is a good place to see what people will pay for the cars right now.

The asking price on ebay doesn't matter, it's how many bids the car is getting at a certain price. That really shows you what people would actually pay. If you have a car with an asking price of $65k but no bids and another at $55k with 3 bids then you can start to see what the market is willing to pay.

The best auction going right now is a 2001 NSX with 53,xxx miles on it. It has 11 bids. And interesting enough, the last 3 bids were all in increments of $100.00 and the higest bid sits at $40,300. There's 7 hours left in the auction.

In the beginning, the bids were jumping up $5000 and $10,000, but now that it's hit the $40,000 mark it's hit a wall. I'm sure that it will continue to go up, but I doubt that anyone will add an extra $5000 to the price at this point.

So even if you don't use ebay, you can use it as a precedent to know what kind of offers that you can probably expect to get on the car.

There's a 2005 Yellow/ Yellow NSX on ebay with 22,xxx miles There's only one day left in the auction and there has been only 1 bid on the car for $60,000. And this car is at a dealrship.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...ddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320255157131&

If this car only get's this one bid and goes for $60,000 as a dealership sale, I believe that $55,000 is what you will probably end up unloading yours for after negotiations as a private seller.

I think many of the posters need to take mind-reading 101 over again!

When's the last time that pricing guide has been updated? I have been a member of this forum since Jan 2008 and have been reading on here since late last year and if memory serves me right, the chart is exactly the same as the first time I read it.

And I sure that it wasn't changed the day before I read it, so maybe it needs some revision for today's current market.

You seem to be making a pretty hard statement here about all 05s over all 02s.

Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you were just referring to what YOU personally value the car at: who gives a damn!? Who are you exactly? No one in my opinion.

I can point at his car and say I value it at $20k because that is the maximum amount I am willing to pay for it. That is my personal valuation of the car.

Does that make my post fitting for the thread?

Does that make me a reasonable person?

Should I then go on to argue with people giving the OP good advice about the value of his car while ironically making statements about their concepts (or lack thereof) of value?

I mean, to sum it up, you don't own an NSX (at most, you've owned one for a couple of months) and you came into this post just to post what you personally value the OP's car at--as if that were going to help him in any way? Unless you are buying his car, I don't see what your opinion matters. Then you go on trying to make more fallacious arguments about the values of 05s compared to 02s.

You know you come off sounding a bit foolish. I wouldn't go onto a fine art forum and start insinuating a work of art is worth much lower than it actually is simply because I value it as such. Then try to defend my fallacious argument by saying: "What is wrong with you; you have no concept of value. I am just telling you what I value the painting at."

LOL.

my opinion matters only as much as your opinion does. who are you again? that's right... you're no one too. just because you currently own an nsx does not make you anything more than that.

EVERYBODY in this thread has posted THEIR valuation of the car. you dont like my valuation? tough. you have an opinion and i have mine.

my only contention with you was the insinuations you were making about the people that did not agree with you. you were the one that got your panties in a wad about my valuation. i should only offer my opinion if i am buying the car? are you buying his car?

you are a petty man with a huge chip on your shoulder. leave your ego out of this and drop it already. we have BOTH offered our opinions in this thread without intending to purchase the car. but somehow you see it fitting to jump all over me because you dont agree with me. pathetic.

Even if we made the fallacious assumption they were the EXACT same car, the difference is the date of production. Do you guys not understand what the year of the car affects its price and value greatly!?!?!

Is this somehow abstract?? The year of the car is one of the most important aspects of its value. Given the same mileage, condition, etc. a 2005 is going to be inherently worth more than a 2002.

Not only that, but if my math is correct only 49 others can have one of these, which makes it even more desirable.
2510646980084140464S425x425Q85.jpg

By the way, does anybody else have 05 NSX Plates from another state?

my opinion matters only as much as your opinion does. who are you again? that's right... you're no one too. just because you currently own an nsx does not make you anything more than that.

EVERYBODY in this thread has posted THEIR valuation of the car. you dont like my valuation? tough. you have an opinion and i have mine.

my only contention with you was the insinuations you were making about the people that did not agree with you. you were the one that got your panties in a wad about my valuation. i should only offer my opinion if i am buying the car? are you buying his car?

you are a petty man with a huge chip on your shoulder. leave your ego out of this and drop it already. we have BOTH offered our opinions in this thread without intending to purchase the car. but somehow you see it fitting to jump all over me because you dont agree with me. pathetic.

Actually, go back and try to find where I gave a valuation of the OPs car. Let me give you a hint: you are going to be looking for a LOOONG time. I have never even seen the car. I don't know its condition and I don't know what it is worth.

I made a simple observation about those LOWBALLING the OP's car for no other reason than to offer their own--rather asinine--opinions. They've never even seen the car and they've rather arbitrarily come up with the value of 55k. I've already clarified that if they meant it will sell faster at 55k, I totally agree. But I made it clear that an absolute valuation at 55k without even seeing the car is asinine.

You are beyond reason.

You are one of several trolls here lowballing legit owners and trying to tell everyone how much their car is worth. I have a valid reason to question your authority on the matter. I haven't made any such effort to try to put a value on a certain member's car. I have however rejected your bellow-market value, and offered KBB pricing in an effort to give the OP some differing advice so he could come up with his own conclusion. So questioning my authority on the matter is asinine in itself.

Deny it all you want, but the truth of the matter is we have 1-3 lowballers many of whom do not own NSXs and are trying to influence the market for their own personal benefit either now or in the future. If you are NEVER looking to buy another NSX, then I'll rescind that comment with respect to you, but I am willing to bet the others here are just waiting for the 02+ NSXs to fall below a certain threshold so they can afford it.

I never made any valuations--especially for my own benefit. I, along with many other NSX-owning members tried to help out the OP in a constructive manner. You came in here lowballing him for your own personal benefit. Get lost.

Last edited:
LOL. Look what I found out about our LOWBALLING friend shrddr:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=930872#post930872

hello folks. i am the ex-owner of a 91 which i sold to GreyHoundSteve (from dallas). anyway... i was curious if anyone with a 97+ would be willing to let me ride along on a short drive... so i can get a feel for the engine/transmission differences between the 96- and 97+... and also the difference between a coupe and targa. i can come meet you anywhere and a short drive of a couple of miles would totally suffice :)

i ask because i am, predictably, considering obtaining a 97+ targa.

let me know if you would be so kind! :)

Now take a look at what he says on page 2 of this thread:

to answer your question... i bought a 91 back in july of 2007... and due to an unfortunate circumstance i had to sell it soon after (to a prime member) in november 2007. i am not in the market for any year nsx at this time.

instead of making some silly blanket statement to undermine the opposing point of view perhaps you should try to understand it. you dont have to agree with it... but understanding it helps.

LOL. Nice try. Next time, don't lie and don't lowball legit owners. That's called trolling.

He's been all over the board trying to influence the market one pathetic post at a time:

IMHO... that pricing chart needs to be updated. just taking a look at several of the completed sales on this website would indicate that prices have fallen a fair amount across the board.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=926746

I have no problem with people looking to buy an NSX. In fact, I welcome them and look forward to having good discussions with them and making new friends.

But your pathetic attempt to influence the market in your feminine passive-aggressive way is really sad. It's one thing to say "I can only afford X amount for this car"--which is totally fine imo--but to say "this car is only worth X amount; there are barely any people willing to pay more for an 05 over an 02" is really under-handed.

Last edited:
People can change their mind. That post was made back in Jan 08. 5 months ago I was in the market for a sports car and I was considering the NSX but ultimately I didn't buy one.

I don't think that shrddr's statements contradicted his previous post. He did say on this thread that he was not in the market for any year NSX at this time. He could have possibly been in the market 5 months ago, just not at this time.

And KSXNSX, if you think that making a valuation remark is asinine then what's the point of this thread? The only opinion that truly matters is that of the buyer and seller.

I just did a completed listings search for all 2002 - 2005 NSX's. There were 9 entries found. Out of those 9 entries, 5 listings never made it to the reserve, 3 were never bid on, and 1 2002 sold for $45,000. The SAME PRICE THAT I ARGUED ON THIS BOARD ABOUT FOR THE SAME YEAR JUST A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO. People call me stupid and dump and living a fantasy if I ever thought that a 2002 would sell for $45,000. They some how felt like just because I was a n00b and only drove 2 NSX's in my life, that me looking at the market from an unbiaed point of view was some how skwed. And Just because I liked the NSX I was wishing for it to be cheaper. I wish a lot of things were cheaper, and in the end, I pay for what I want to get, regardless. But no, I am not going to go and make up some unrealistic price and tell you guys that your car is worth pennies. What's the point in that? I was real then and I have always been real and honest, no BS at all. But people around here feel like if someone doesn't fall into the normality of the board then I am some how wrong and crazy? Maybe because the people on here just buy NSX after NSX for 10 years straight, they start to have a skwed way of looking at the car. People on other boards who jump from Porsche to BMW to Mercedes to whatever aren't so quick to jump on people about issues like this. It's really no big deal on other boards. It's just the people who feel like they are always having to defend their purchase who act like that.

After I purcahsed my TL the value dropped like bricks. I was pissed but I didn't really care. And the value wasn't decided by Kelly, it was decided on ebay and autotrader people were selling the car for dirt cheap and all I could do is watch my car's value plumment. But I knew that I was going to keep the car for a while so it didn't bother me too much.

So what I am trying to say is this. Don't be so quick to jump on people for their opinions. Us non-owners are on here to talk cars, not troll or disrespect you. If you feel disrespected from my comments, then maybe you need to check your ego, because there was no pun intended.

People can change their mind. That post was made back in Jan 08. 5 months ago I was in the market for a sports car and I was considering the NSX but ultimately I didn't buy one.

I don't think that shrddr's statements contradicted his previous post. He did say on this thread that he was not in the market for any year NSX at this time. He could have possibly been in the market 5 months ago, just not at this time.

And KSXNSX, if you think that making a valuation remark is asinine then what's the point of this thread? The only opinion that truly matters is that of the buyer and seller.

What was the point of this thread? The OP was looking for constructive criticism on how to sell his car. He wasn't looking for low valuations by manipulators.

Please... You are trying too hard. He is blatantly in the market or will be in the market for a 97+. He is just waiting for prices to fall to something he can afford, and he is hoping to catalyze the process by asserting his opinions whenever he can on this board. If he wants to vow that he is not in the market and will never be, then let him do that. I would be interested in hearing that.

Stop trying to put values on peoples' cars based on nothing but your own wants and desires. You are trolling.

And I hope you don't seriously think eBay is the end-all-be-all for car valuations.

Stop the denial...

Do you know how rude you sound? Let me put it in context since you think the internet is a passport to express your opinions no matter the topic:

If we were a bunch of owners at a car meet talking about how to sell the OPs car (talking about taking more pics, posting it on autotrader, craigslist, etc), and you two browsers came up to us, listened in on our conversation and said "his car is only worth 55k"--10k less than his asking price and way below KBB values and other values obtained for similar cars--do you think you sound polite? Had you said "His car would sell faster at 55k" I'd agree. You know what? I'd also agree that his car would sell in 5 minutes if he priced it at $1,000. No kidding it will sell faster at a price way below its value.

Then you go on to insult another member of that group for simply questioning the 55k valuation? Then it turns out that both of you are in the market for NSXs, one asking for rides from the same owners just 5 months ago. LOL.

Do you know what you sound like? A troll, that's what. Tell me you would seriously walk up to a bunch of NSX enthusiasts and do what you have done in this thread. You are exploiting the anonymity of the internet so you wouldn't embarrass yourself fatally in-person. You guys need to clean up your act and stop posting for your own selfish gains. We were trying to help the OP, not convince him to sell his car at a lower price so we could obtain a car we want at a lower price.

Last edited:
Back