• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why is my NSX not selling?

Look what I found about our friend Nasti:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=944553#post944553

Getting into arguments with other members about lowballing cars on this board.

Surprise surprise.

Personally, I would not pay over $45k for ANY YEAR NSX. And I believe that the car can easily be sold for under $25k. A 17 year old NSX with over 150,000 miles in ANY condition shouldn't be sold for over $25k.

Someone ban these trolls.

Over 90% of Nasti's posts have been about devaluing the NSX. His first post here was asking for help to find one, asking for information about if 2002s were the same as 2005s. In the first page in this thread, he pleads ignorance to knowing if there are differences but in his first thread posted on NSXPRIME, another member answers this question.

You have 2 people lowballing other people and getting caught lying in both cases, trying--rather pathetically--to support each other in their feminine passive-aggressive attempts to get their car for a cheaper price than is warranted.

This thread blew up. :tongue:

Actually, someone made a good point about the pricing guide. I've been a member since March of 2007 and it's the same now as it was then.
I've seen alot of NA2 97-01 prices falling ( though I'm not in the market for one ), so I think it should be updated to reflect that.

LOL. Look what I found out about our LOWBALLING friend shrddr:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=930872#post930872

Now take a look at what he says on page 2 of this thread:

LOL. Nice try. Next time, don't lie and don't lowball legit owners. That's called trolling.

He's been all over the board trying to influence the market one pathetic post at a time:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=926746

I have no problem with people looking to buy an NSX. In fact, I welcome them and look forward to having good discussions with them and making new friends.

But your pathetic attempt to influence the market in your feminine passive-aggressive way is really sad. It's one thing to say "I can only afford X amount for this car"--which is totally fine imo--but to say "this car is only worth X amount; there are barely any people willing to pay more for an 05 over an 02" is really under-handed.

do you realize 4 months have passed in between when i was looking for a 97+ and now?

and i already told you that all i am saying is that i do not see the value (think in terms of marginal utility from basic economics) in an 05 over an 02... FOR ME. i offered the OP an opinion. and i have every right to do so.

on ONE instance i have said that the pricing guide needs revision (as have several others). and i have posted my opinion in this thread. that qualifies as having "been all over the board trying to influence prices"?! twisting facts isn't going to do anyone much good.

your baseless personal attacks on me very obviously indicate that you clearly have some personal issue with me... or with yourself. your behavior in this thread lack reason or basic civility.

Last edited:
You have 2 people lowballing other people and getting caught lying in both cases

caught lying?

are you capable of understanding that 4 months ago i WAS... but now i AM NOT in the market for an NSX? so where exactly is the lie? you need to grow up and quit making baseless insinuations/insults.

caught lying?

are you capable of understanding that 4 months ago i WAS... but now i AM NOT in the market for an NSX? so where exactly is the lie? you need to grow up and quit making baseless insinuations/insults.

LOL. How predictable. So you are saying you will never be in the market for an NSX again? Because if you are at any time in the future, your baseless valuations now still serve your own interests. By my saying you are in the market now, my argument is not limited to now (as in this current time, date, etc.) What the argument implies is that you are in the NSX market now, or will be in the future--ANY influence you try to exert now is in an effort to help yourself LATER when you buy an NSX.

If you will NEVER buy an NSX, then I will rescind my statement. If the NSX is just out of the question, then the whole market manipulation statement doesn't apply to you.

I seriously doubt that however, seeing as how you still troll these forums for potential NSX sales and try to lowball owners here.

Oh but look what I found:

i am the person that sold him the NSX :)

i am sad to have had to have let it go... but you know the drill... education is more important than any car. you can be sure i will be looking for an NSX again as soon as i graduate!

It seems like you sold your 91 for school and you are waiting to buy another one when you can. Could that explain why you troll these forums when someone is selling their car? I think so.

If you wanted to just state your own PERSONAL opinion, I'd have no problem with that. But both you and I--along with everyone else--know you were trying to say that 2005s are not worth the premium over earlier cars. If you said you couldn't afford more than 55k for a 2002+, that is fine too. Or if you had said, priced at 55k, his car will sell faster, I am fine. But all your posts insinuate that the OPs car and all later model cars are only worth as much to comparable 02s. That is absolute garbage. Then you go on to insult me and try to deny your claims by saying "that is just my personal opinion". Grow up.

You are trying WAY too hard to deny what is obvious.

And btw, don't attack other members like you have me on these forums. I wasn't even talking to you; you replied to me rather rudely (and you even have the nerve to say I attacked you when anyone can go back and read page 1 and 2 to see what really happened) saying my observation about lowballers (which has held up rather well) was bunk--BTW: why get all riled up if what I said doesn't apply to you? I never addressed anything at you personally. You fired back as if I really touched a nerve. I'm sorry you are a lowballer who got called out and exposed. If you aren't one, I really don't see why you would be so insulted by my post which was not aimed an anyone in particular. But amongst ALL the posts here, that one struck a chord with you.

Last edited:
Case closed.

what case?

He is still in the market for an NSX at some point and time in the future. He sold his car for school, and plans to buy one later all the while trying to lowball owners here so he can get a better deal later.

If I plan to buy a car later, and I try to influence the market now, I can easily say and any time and point between those two dates that I am not in the market currently. I can say that on Monday, I am not in the market. Or on Saturday I am not on the market. But my lowball offers are still self-serving as when I do buy another NSX, they may have made a difference in perception of value.

The only way I am wrong is if he sincerely will never consider purchasing an NSX again. Personally, i doubt that. It is obvious to me he is a student waiting to get back into one and trying to get the best deal he can by lowballing people in his spare time.

Sure, you may argue his few posts may not do anything. But combined with Nastiupe (you should really see the BS this guy puts out; over 90% of his posts are attempts to devalue NSXs) and combined with all future trolls looking for a deal on an NSX, you are going to see an effect.

We all know his actions are rude and would not be tolerated in-person. I do not see why they should be excused because he gets to hide behind his computer on the internet.

I just did a completed listings search for all 2002 - 2005 NSX's. There were 9 entries found. Out of those 9 entries, 5 listings never made it to the reserve, 3 were never bid on, and 1 2002 sold for $45,000. The SAME PRICE THAT I ARGUED ON THIS BOARD ABOUT FOR THE SAME YEAR JUST A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO. People call me stupid and dump and living a fantasy if I ever thought that a 2002 would sell for $45,000.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105697

That car did NOT sell for $45k. You did an EBAY search, which is NOT indicative of the market. You have to find someone that has been tracking ALL sales of these cars. They are on this board.

Look what I found about our friend Nasti:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=944553#post944553

Getting into arguments with other members about lowballing cars on this board.

Surprise surprise.

Someone ban these trolls.

Over 90% of Nasti's posts have been about devaluing the NSX. His first post here was asking for help to find one, asking for information about if 2002s were the same as 2005s. In the first page in this thread, he pleads ignorance to knowing if there are differences but in his first thread posted on NSXPRIME, another member answers this question.

You have 2 people lowballing other people and getting caught lying in both cases, trying--rather pathetically--to support each other in their feminine passive-aggressive attempts to get their car for a cheaper price than is warranted.

You call an argument that has been proven correct with recent internet sales "lowballing"?

The most recent 2002 NSX on ebay sold for exactly $45,000. How can you call my post lowballing if that's what the cars are going for? How can it be an insult if I'm only stating the truth?

Like I said before, I never said something "asinine" like sell a 2002 for $23,000. I gave a value that I believed that was true to the market, and ultimately, we have seen the market drop to that value. If you read the entire thread, you will read my "prediction" that everyone was saying was retarded back in Jan.

I held true to my guns and didn't bend on my opinion.

So no, I was not trolling, I simply stated an unpopular opinion which was later proved as true.

Also, if you read that thread, I was attacked first. I was called broke MFer and things of that nature. Yes I did fire back, but only after people started insulting me for my opinions.

But combined with Nastiupe (you should really see the BS this guy puts out; over 90% of his posts are attempts to devalue NSXs)

The only reason 90% of my post are about this subject is because 90% of the remarks I get are so freaking negative that I can't help but to respond.

I would have made one comment about this and one comment on the other thread, but then an arguement ensues drawing me in and then you have me posting 10 posts in one day all about the same BS.

If you would like, I can start a thread about how I helped an old lady across the street who drives a Camary.

Sorry dude, but if you read this thread:

http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105697

You will note that I won the auction, however, the owner will not sell the car to me for 45k. He wants 50k for the car. An '02 with 53k miles for 50k? I wasn't too comfortable with that when I could get other 02's with significantly less miles for slightly more.

LOL. How predictable. So you are saying you will never be in the market for an NSX again? Because if you are at any time in the future, your baseless valuations now still serve your own interests. By my saying you are in the market now, my argument is not limited to now (as in this current time, date, etc.) What the argument implies is that you are in the NSX market now, or will be in the future--ANY influence you try to exert now is in an effort to help yourself LATER when you buy an NSX.

If you will NEVER buy an NSX, then I will rescind my statement. If the NSX is just out of the question, then the whole market manipulation statement doesn't apply to you.

I seriously doubt that however, seeing as how you still troll these forums for potential NSX sales and try to lowball owners here.

Oh but look what I found:

It seems like you sold your 91 for school and you are waiting to buy another one when you can. Could that explain why you troll these forums when someone is selling their car? I think so.

If you wanted to just state your own PERSONAL opinion, I'd have no problem with that. But both you and I--along with everyone else--know you were trying to say that 2005s are not worth the premium over earlier cars. If you said you couldn't afford more than 55k for a 2002+, that is fine too. Or if you had said, priced at 55k, his car will sell faster, I am fine. But all your posts insinuate that the OPs car and all later model cars are only worth as much to comparable 02s. That is absolute garbage. Then you go on to insult me and try to deny your claims by saying "that is just my personal opinion". Grow up.

You are trying WAY too hard to deny what is obvious.

And btw, don't attack other members like you have me on these forums. I wasn't even talking to you; you replied to me rather rudely (and you even have the nerve to say I attacked you when anyone can go back and read page 1 and 2 to see what really happened) saying my observation about lowballers (which has held up rather well) was bunk--BTW: why get all riled up if what I said doesn't apply to you? I never addressed anything at you personally. You fired back as if I really touched a nerve. I'm sorry you are a lowballer who got called out and exposed. If you aren't one, I really don't see why you would be so insulted by my post which was not aimed an anyone in particular. But amongst ALL the posts here, that one struck a chord with you.

and again... you dig up a quote from months ago :rolleyes:

i am not going to say that i will never be in the market for an nsx... but it is unlikely to happen for another 1.5 to 2 years. you think me expressing my opinion (ONCE until our argument blew up) is going to influence prices and serve my interests? you think one person's opinion is going to cause prices to tumble? are you that insecure and irrational as an owner?

i got riled up because you made a weak, blanket, passive-aggressive statement about the newer members on the website.

you accuse me of having a vested interest in seeing prices crash... you have just as much of a vested interest in seeing prices stay as high as possible. could that be why you are getting SO agitated by my opinion?

anyway... i am through with this thread. your logic, train of thought, and hostility is like that of a disgruntled teenager. as another member already pointed out... case closed.

Sorry dude, but if you read this thread:

http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105697

You will note that I won the auction, however, the owner will not sell the car to me for 45k. He wants 50k for the car. An '02 with 53k miles for 50k? I wasn't too comfortable with that when I could get other 02's with significantly less miles for slightly more.

I guess that adds to yet another NSX that doesn't meet the reserve on ebay. I wonder why?

Sure, you may argue his few posts may not do anything. But combined with Nastiupe (you should really see the BS this guy puts out; over 90% of his posts are attempts to devalue NSXs) and combined with all future trolls looking for a deal on an NSX, you are going to see an effect.

Do you really think that the entire NSX market rests on the internet posts of a couple of "nobodys"?

Like I said before, the market isn't me, it's the sellers and actual buyers. We are just on the side lines watching the play by play. I know that ebay is not the authority for every NSX sale, but you can see in real time what people are bidding on the car and if the sellers will drop their price. Just like the guy on here said, he did win the auction, but the seller refused to sell him the car. This seems to be the answer to the OP question, "Why is my NSX not selling"? The buyers expectations on the prices are too low and the sellers expectations are too high. This can be seen by looking at ebay, which I said before. You see what people are bidding and you see what the sellers are asking. And in the end, the cars aren't moving because there's no middle ground.

I told the OP that IMHO that the middle ground is $55k. Not to offend anyone else, but just from my observations. If he started at $55k on ebay with no reserve I am sure that the car may sell for a little more than that, just not $64k.

I am sorry if my opinion offended anyone, because like I said before, that was not my intent.

He actually did NOT set a reserve. Poor ebay skills. ha.... IMHO, real potential NSX buyers are selective in their car choices. An '03 with 53k miles is too much. At 45k, I would have been willing to take the chance. That car also has been tracked so if some other expenses came up, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. However, once you dip into the 50k range, then the game changes. With those miles and history, added expenses (maintenance/clutch/etc..), could potentially start adding up! With that said, I would rather get a nice lower miled NSX and pay a bit more up front.

I guess that adds to yet another NSX that doesn't meet the reserve on ebay. I wonder why?

since when is the 'low-baller-heaven' ebay a surprise? nobody bids on cars there unless they are looking for a fire-sale and usually you do get what you pay for. that place's objectivness is a joke and their claims of policing auctions are a joke as well- proof that a guy can't even get a car for what he bid at. and before you 'object', i am an ebay member since its inception and have had several auctions that 'fell through' when the seller did not honor the auction and ebay did squat about it.

Because the U.S. market is crap!

I wish these people who claim NSX values for later models are less than we see would post the evidence.

Man this thread blew up large!

since when is the 'low-baller-heaven' ebay a surprise? nobody bids on cars there unless they are looking for a fire-sale and usually you do get what you pay for. that place's objectivness is a joke and their claims of policing auctions are a joke as well- proof that a guy can't even get a car for what he bid at. and before you 'object', i am an ebay member since its inception and have had several auctions that 'fell through' when the seller did not honor the auction and ebay did squat about it.

I agree with you. ebay sucks when it comes to enforcing anything. But I have shopped on ebay just because it's a place to find hard to find cars, not necessairly to find a $35,000 2002 NSX.

There are more NSX's on sale on ebay than dupont... the last time I checked anyway.

I'm going to attempt to clear some things up:

1) I respect the NSX and it's owners

2) I respect people's opinion

3) My respect ends once people start calling me names and cursing and being ugly.

4) The only thing that I expect from anyone is respect. You don't have to agree with me, but calling me names and telling me I can't afford the car is just not right. I don't mind a spirited conversation as long as both people respect each other and don't start name calling.

5) I am not a low baller. I have my opinions about cars. What I would buy and what I wouldn't buy. If you ask me if I would pay $80,000 for a Mustang, I would say no. If you asked me if I would pay $100,000 for a Corvette I would say no. If you asked me if I would pay $200,000 for a Porsche 911 GT2 I would say no. There are a lot of cars out there that I believe are a little over priced, including Porsches but that doesn't mean that I can't afford them. It only means that I have drawn the line at a certain place based on what I think that the car is worth. My opinion is my opinion and I don't expect others to always agree. But that doesn't make me a bad person just because of my opinion.

The only reason 90% of my post are about this subject is because 90% of the remarks I get are so freaking negative that I can't help but to respond.

I would have made one comment about this and one comment on the other thread, but then an arguement ensues drawing me in and then you have me posting 10 posts in one day all about the same BS.

If you would like, I can start a thread about how I helped an old lady across the street who drives a Camary.

You have the power to stop yourself from posting on this subject.

I was quite surprised when you piped up in this thread about the Ebay 2002 NSX w/53,000 miles. Did we not discuss and resolve that issue already in the Mythical $25k NSX thread?

You admitted it was not representative of the market given the higher than average miles. You admitted the mileage had an impact on the value of that particular car. And yet, you make the same meritless argument in this thread as if our discussion had never occurred. :confused:

The only thing that you are going to prove in these threads is your own unhealthy obsession with winning an argument about a car you have no present intention of buying.

Give it a rest already. Don't blame others for defending the car they are passionate about. If you really are the 'bigger' person, prove it by exercising restraint, tact and reason, and just let it go.

wow...some people are a little sensitive about the value of their cars:eek:

you need to get over it!!! The economy sucks and the market is changing..It's not the same as it was even a year ago...Look how long those $65K+ cars sit on autotrader....Not exactly a sellers market right now...

This thread needs to be closed :rolleyes:

We're all friends, right? :biggrin:

Back