• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why is my NSX not selling?

wow...some people are a little sensitive about the value of their cars:eek:

you need to get over it!!! The economy sucks and the market is changing..It's not the same as it was even a year ago...Look how long those $65K+ cars sit on autotrader....Not exactly a sellers market right now...

Word! Just because some people here paid too much for their particular car doesn't mean that its worth that now, in fact if they own a television or have communicated at ALL with the outside world in the last 6 months then they MIGHT realize how stupid this their argument actually is.

Home prices are down more than 8% nationwide but car used car values have increased? Give me a break, some of you guys are deeply delusional about the value of your car.

Just ask an SL500 owner about depreciation, my father paid over $80k for one a few years ago and when he traded it in last year he got $19k for it. THAT IS REALITY PEOPLE! This isnt antique road show and your 02+ NSX isn't a lost treasure, its a USED car, just like any other. Check that, it is a used car that didnt sell well at ALL the last few production years because it was priced out of its market then and NEWS FLASH ......... it still is if you have $60k to spend.

wow...some people are a little sensitive about the value of their cars:eek:

you need to get over it!!! The economy sucks and the market is changing..It's not the same as it was even a year ago...Look how long those $65K+ cars sit on autotrader....Not exactly a sellers market right now...

bet you mine wont sit for long if I put it up for sale ;)

When's the last time that pricing guide has been updated? I have been a member of this forum since Jan 2008 and have been reading on here since late last year and if memory serves me right, the chart is exactly the same as the first time I read it.

And I sure that it wasn't changed the day before I read it, so maybe it needs some revision for today's current market.

wow, I bow to the long term member here lol

Just ask an SL500 owner about depreciation, my father paid over $80k for one a few years ago and when he traded it in last year he got $19k for it. THAT IS REALITY PEOPLE!

You can't really compare an SL to an NSX in terms of used car pricing. Its not even close on any level.

An SL loses 50% of its value in the first 3 years. THATS reality.

You can't really compare an SL to an NSX in terms of used car pricing. Its not even close on any level.

An SL loses 50% of its value in the first 3 years. THATS reality.

+1.

On top of that, the facelifted SL550 is out and even BRAND NEW 2008 SL550s are going for 20k+ off MSRP (as high as 26k in socal). What that guy FAILED to mention is the NSX is out of production while the SL has a NEW body style out with improvements including a new transmission (and power upgrades in the 63amg form).

So I don't see his argument.

Oh, wait: He is the guy that bought shrddr's old 91 black NSX. Now I see what his argument is...

Looks like my observations held up pretty well. You have a nuclei of members banning together because they all share the same myopic view or share the same self-serving interests. Just because you don't own a certain model car doesn't give you the right to try to bring down those owners. I don't go making wreckless comments about owners of 91 models saying ridiculous things like: "Who would buy a 17 y/o car for 25k". it is "just a used car" afterall according to this guy.

and again... you dig up a quote from months ago :rolleyes:

i am not going to say that i will never be in the market for an nsx... but it is unlikely to happen for another 1.5 to 2 years. you think me expressing my opinion (ONCE until our argument blew up) is going to influence prices and serve my interests? you think one person's opinion is going to cause prices to tumble? are you that insecure and irrational as an owner?

i got riled up because you made a weak, blanket, passive-aggressive statement about the newer members on the website.

you accuse me of having a vested interest in seeing prices crash... you have just as much of a vested interest in seeing prices stay as high as possible. could that be why you are getting SO agitated by my opinion?

anyway... i am through with this thread. your logic, train of thought, and hostility is like that of a disgruntled teenager. as another member already pointed out... case closed.

You are a joke man. Someone ban this troll. You are giving bad advice to another member to serve your own interests as you admit.

I never said anything about 05s being worth 65k+; I never served my own interests. I was trying to help the OP out by actually giving him some constructive advice rather than some lowball comments.

passive-aggressive? I am being direct with you. I believe I said you were passive aggressive, and you just took what I said and reposted it. Nice. How long did it take you to come up with that retort?

The truth is you don't own an NSX, you gave the OP bad advice for your own interests; you were caught lying; got your panties all in a bunch over my comment (which holds true) and which wasn't even directed at you; and you have confirmed my guess that you will be in the market for an NSX in the future. How bad do you want it to get? Just because you are wrong doesn't give you the right to insult other members here.

Last edited:
I hosted the pics for Rezza, here is his car:

DSC_1885.jpg

DSC_2044.jpg

DSC_2045.jpg

DSC_2046.jpg

DSC_1884.jpg

love the chrome wheels...hmm..:cool:

+1.

On top of that, the facelifted SL550 is out and even BRAND NEW 2008 SL550s are going for 20k+ off MSRP (as high as 26k in socal). What that guy FAILED to mention is the NSX is out of production while the SL has a NEW body style out with improvements including a new transmission (and power upgrades in the 63amg form).

So I don't see his argument.

Oh, wait: He is the guy that bought shrddr's old 91 black NSX. Now I see what his argument is...

Looks like my observations held up pretty well. You have a nuclei of members banning together because they all share the same myopic view or share the same self-serving interests. Just because you don't own a certain model car doesn't give you the right to try to bring down those owners. I don't go making wreckless comments about owners of 91 models saying ridiculous things like: "Who would buy a 17 y/o car for 25k". it is "just a used car" afterall according to this guy.

The Camaro is out of production too but i dont see them increasing in value anytime soon either.:confused:

The Camaro is out of production too but i dont see them increasing in value anytime soon either.:confused:

Must.............not...............reply.....................

They made, what, like 3,000,000 Camaros over its run?

The demographic pool of expensive Japanese sports car buyers is extremely small to begin with. Factor in the slowing economy and depreciating home value across the nation, that pool of buyers is even smaller now. If I were in the market for a high end Japanese sports car now, I have so many options with $60k. Remember, a GT-R is only $70k new. I may have to wait a year out to buy it at MRSP but I am patient. News of the Lexus Supercar coming out will also make people hold out.

Unless you are a diehard F1 Honda fan with deep pocket, buying a used $60k NSX is daunting. The car is also handicapped with only a 290hp 6 cylinder engine. People feel "cheated" when they see a neighborhood kid driving around a Honda Accord Coupe with a similar 270 hp VTEC engine as in the NSX. Actually, it makes me want to cry now. There is absolutely no excuse for putting a 290hp engine in a $80K car in 2005. Shame on you Honda, for you are indirectly responsible for the slow NSX resale market.

Eventually your car will be sold to someone who appreciates its value, history and greatness. It might take a while but there is a buyer out there for your NSX. Best of luck.

The demographic pool of expensive Japanese sports car buyers is extremely small to begin with. Factor in the slowing economy and depreciating home value across the nation, that pool of buyers is even smaller now. If I were in the market for a high end Japanese sports car now, I have so many options with $60k. Remember, a GT-R is only $70k new. I may have to wait a year out to buy it at MRSP but I am patient. News of the Lexus Supercar coming out will also make people hold out.

Unless you are a diehard F1 Honda fan with deep pocket, buying a used $60k NSX is daunting. The car is also handicapped with only a 290hp 6 cylinder engine. People feel "cheated" when they see a neighborhood kid driving around a Honda Accord Coupe with a similar 270 hp VTEC engine as in the NSX. Actually, it makes me want to cry now. There is absolutely no excuse for putting a 290hp engine in a $80K car in 2005. Shame on you Honda, for you are indirectly responsible for the slow NSX resale market.

Eventually your car will be sold to someone who appreciates its value, history and greatness. It might take a while but there is a buyer out there for your NSX. Best of luck.

My friend's taking delivery of a Gun Metallic GTR in July. So what if he can blow my doors off. We'll be going together with some other NSX's down to the Concorso Italiano in Monterey in August. I'll post some pics of us side by side. He may be hot now, but the way I look at it, in the first 8 months of delivery there will already be more GTR's floating around than all '02-'05's put together! Most people don't even know what our NSX is, never mind about how much horsepower it has. They can't even control their drooling to ask. When your talking about the GTR, the horsepower is the only thing your talking about that's complimentary. The Lexus your talking about is going to be well north of $100K. Does anybody want to argue about this too? We're not driving horsepower, we're driving rolling art! That is something that cannot be said for these newer creations. There will never be a another car that even remotely looks like the NSX.
Man, I hope I can get over feeling cheated and the constant wiping of tears from my eyes everytime a Honda Accord blows past me. Right!

Last edited:
mods why have you not closed this thread already! :confused:

Do you remember the locker scene in men in black,, well we are those little dudes,and Lud looks in from time to time to check on the timex he gave us.But he would never want to disrupt our delicate ecosystem by locking a thread.:wink:

Last edited:
I am about to buy a 91 soon. If I had more money I'd be getting a newer NSX no doubt about it. Can't beat hand built.

You know what this thread is like?

Like when you have milk in your fridge... and it's gone sour and you know it smells bad... but you have to smell it anyway.

Just when I think this thread cannot possibly get any dumber... yet I know somehow it has... I have to come back and read it again anyway. LOL...

Does anyone want to trade me an NSX for my Camaro? its chip'ed and has a cyclone turbo in the intake system. Lays down some rubber.

I leave for a few days and this thread goes to wtf :p.

Have you driven the accord? It is not the same! Nor is it sexy or have any history, that's why it lacks the same financial value...

Go get a 500hp grocery getter and stfu :p. < /sarcasm>

I leave for a few days and this thread goes to wtf :p.

Have you driven the accord? It is not the same! Nor is it sexy or have any history, that's why it lacks the same financial value...

Go get a 500hp grocery getter and stfu :p. < /sarcasm>

Yea... I'd have to agree about this. You can't compare an Accord to an NSX. Sure the new Accord coupe can almost keep up with it on the race track, but it's a totally different car.

But the previous poster has a point about How Honda dropped the ball. The same thing happened to the S2000. The Civic Mugen out runs the S2000 and it has 4 doors, less hp and weighs more. That's why I made the comment about lighweight not really meaning much these days. It seems like torque, Active AWD, and weight is what makes the best sports car these days. The weight and AWD keeps the car planted in turns and the torque shoots the car out of the turns at blazing speeds. That's why STI's are so evil. I don't care what car I drive, they are always a threat. I hate them so much. :mad:

Back