• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why It Is Being Built in Ohio

+11111111

you've posted this in five different threads.
Don't like what you read? Move on.
People are excited about this car, the nsx, and they want to talk about it.

Look it's called nsxprime for a reason!

Not ledprime, not hellaflushprime, not waxprime, not swedenprime, not martialartsprime and on and on.

Folks here have been re hashing the same stuff over and over, because there is nothing new under the sun for a car that had little unchanged for 15 years and was discontinued 7 years ago.
Cut them a little slack. There are plenty of site sites for you if you just want to socialize and talk about which wheels to get.

Try to remember how exciting it was at one time for you and show some manners. Stop the cursing complaints. Please!

Does anyone have any more photos that went to the show? We have all looked at the existing pics a hundred times. Be nice to have some fresh ones from different angles : )

Oscar has a point. Thats why we always say use the Search button. A lot of the info/questions can be confined down to 1 or 2 threads.

Anyway I personally don't care where they build the car, Would ad to the exoticness(if thats a word) if it was built in Japan. We should be happy we are getting another NSX(maybe...not holding my breathe for long.)

It doesn't matter, some ladies @ Prime got all offended and all my posts were deleted .. just because I used the "F followed by ********** and a G" in the end .. now, that is silly ha? :rolleyes:

Some people don't know that **** is "beeeepppp" that you hear in 90% of the crap you see on TV, oh wait, this will be deleted and I'll be banned! :biggrin:

Oscar

It doesn't matter, some ladies @ Prime got all offended and all my posts were deleted .. just because I used the "F followed by ********** and a G" in the end .. now, that is silly ha? :rolleyes:

Some people don't know that **** is "beeeepppp" that you hear in 90% of the crap you see on TV, oh wait, this will be deleted and I'll be banned! :biggrin:

Oscar

You's and my posts were not deleted they were moved:
Here

A new thread where folks can complain about this issue.

C** B***.:biggrin:

Last edited:
You's and my posts were not deleted they were moved:
Here

A new thread where folks can complain about this issue.

C** B***.:biggrin:

Ups, I take that BACK big time hahaha, in fact, I am a lady now! LOL
Oscar

SORRRRRY I don't get it.
One of the claims to fame of the original NSX was that it was hand built by the creme de la creme of Honda's employees. Guys that have been on the job for a long time and were considered the best of the best. I do not think that this is one of the talking points about the new NSX. They will not be able to make this claim and its my opinion that who ever works in the Ohio plant will NOT have the same dedication to quality and company that the original crew in Japan had. The Japanese simply have a culturally different way of thinking about the company they work for, its personal, and in many cases thought of as a life time commitment.

Have they said it was going to be a limited production car? This has me wondering that they will be churned out like Corvettes, and priced accordingly.

Speaking first hand, I know it can be a logistical nightmare and very costly to take a new cutting edge product that is designed in a different country and manufacture it in another. Throw in the language barrier and it makes things even tougher. Changes and improvements will not be as smooth as if it were all done in Japan. Yes, they have plants in the USA now, but if the NSX serves as their test bed of innovation it really should be closer to their HQ. BAD move Honda.

Last edited:
good points all....the original nsx was made as well as honda could make it with state of the art technology beginning in 1989. The culture and atmosphere surrounding the cars construction was unique to that time.The new nsx will be a different product built for different reasons,and will benefit from newer techniques and a whole different economy of scale.Cars like everything go through cycles,thier design is bound by the rules of the day/the culture at that moment .In 10 or 15 years we may have a different take on the auto.Electric power may in the future be reserved for commuter vehicles only.Valve trains may be pneumatic.Engine blocks could be a polymer...ect.ect..So I'm just excited to see some action from honda,and the commitment to put more americans to work.The yen dolar relationship also probably has a lot to do with this as well.

SORRRRRY I don't get it.
One of the claims to fame of the original NSX was that it was hand built by the creme de la creme of Honda's employees. Guys that have been on the job for a long time and were considered the best of the best. I do not think that this is one of the talking points about the new NSX. They will not be able to make this claim and its my opinion that who ever works in the Ohio plant will NOT have the same dedication to quality and company that the original crew in Japan had. The Japanese simply have a culturally different way of thinking about the company they work for, its personal, and in many cases thought of as a life time commitment.

Whats the difference between a creme de la creme auto assembler working at Tochigi assembly plant, the Bowling Green assembly plant or the Conner ave assembly plant?

Why is there so much political nonsense on this thread? Everyone in here has been waiting for this car since '05 and now the thread goes into a lot of dispute about Labor unions and where the car is going to be made....WTF? Take the political bs to the off topic thread if you must discuss political issues on this site at all.....the opposing views will never ever agree so why bother.

Whats the difference between a creme de la creme auto assembler working at Tochigi assembly plant, the Bowling Green assembly plant or the Conner ave assembly plant?

Tochigi workers don't watch NASCAR or believe that pro wrestling is real. :D

PS: was that a joke you heard in a bar last night? Did I get the punch line correct?

Last edited:
SORRRRRY I don't get it.

Have they said it was going to be a limited production car? This has me wondering that they will be churned out like Corvettes, and priced accordingly.

Speaking first hand, I know it can be a logistical nightmare and very costly to take a new cutting edge product that is designed in a different country and manufacture it in another. Throw in the language barrier and it makes things even tougher. Changes and improvements will not be as smooth as if it were all done in Japan. Yes, they have plants in the USA now, but if the NSX serves as their test bed of innovation it really should be closer to their HQ. BAD move Honda.

All good points and very well put.

Doesn't really matter to me if it's built by robots in Japan or built by robots in OH. :tongue:

r29_16659719.jpg

The point being two fold:

- to my knowledge this was NOT one of the talking points when the new NSX was announced. It was considered a privilege and an honor to have been "chosen" to be on the team that built the 1st gen. NSX.

- there are huge cultural differences. While there are exceptions, to the average American auto worker its just a job, but to the Japanese its their life. Thats why its common for Japanese execs to commit suicide if they feel they have dishonored of failed the company in some way. In other words they take their job very seriously. Whens the last time an American worker did the Hari-Kari for dishonoring the company he worked for?

I would rather have my NSX built by someone who considers their job to be more than just a job.

Last edited:
The point being two fold:

- to my knowledge this was NOT one of the talking points when the new NSX was announced. It was considered a privilege and an honor to have been "chosen" to be on the team that built the 1st gen. NSX.

- there are huge cultural differences. While there are exceptions, to the average American auto worker its just a job, but to the Japanese its their life. Thats why its common for Japanese execs to commit suicide if they feel they have dishonored of failed the company in some way. In other words they take their job very seriously. Whens the last time an American worker did the Hari-Kari for dishonoring the company he worked for?

I would rather have my NSX built by someone who considers their job to be more than just a job.

LOL ok:smile:

its being built in ohio bc ohio is awesome.

Doesn't really matter to me if it's built by robots in Japan or built by robots in OH. :tongue:

But does it matter to you if it is built by hand in Japan or built by hand in the OH? lol :biggrin:

Last edited:
Some of the points raised are real nonsense and illustrate a poor understanding of the Japanese culture and I'm not going there or will indulge in that argument. I feel that could turn very bad and it would be shameful to be a part of it.

When something goes right or wrong you can spin that nonsense to suit, if one so desires. I'm old enough to remember people doing exactly that in regard to the Japanese and their product quality.
Again, I'm not going to culture bash, ours or theirs, as part of a decision to build what, where. It's been clear that Honda products are built well at all of their plants world wide and raising that as a real concern is factually baseless.

For example, English cars have suffered the brunt of many quips and jokes for their lack of build quality :biggrin: yet the CRV, many of which are built there, don't seem to be having a quality difference from the ones built elsewhere and you couldn't get much further from their HQ in Japan either.

I repeat, you can spin culture and history to suit any claim, if one so desires. As I said, doing so can turn into a dirty business pretty quick and again, let's not go there. The people of Japan and Ohio are our friends.

One more point, after gong to Japan, specifically to the plants where the NSX was made, my perceptions were drastically changed and I could see my perspectives, that were part of a pat understanding many here shared and still maintain, were way off from reality.

I'm not ready to quarterback a manufacturing decision from a company that has a excellent record of making the right ones in that regard. I am ready to trust that decision as a good one because again, those kind of decisions Honda seems to make very well.

Many of the people here, like me, did not buy their cars new and can take their concerns and wait on the sidelines for a like duration this time as well and suppose and guess, as many will do, what it must be like to own and drive a NSX made in the U.S.A. just as they did for the one made in Japan.
Don't worry though, if they do make it, and make it in Ohio, I'll be glad to tell you all about how it is to own one.:wink::biggrin:
I can hardly wait.

Last edited:
i am glad you are so loyal and willing to buy one without really knowing anything about it, but if i were in the market for one, i would certainly wait to see if its any good. plenty of great alternatives for that money...

i am glad you are so loyal and willing to buy one without really knowing anything about it, but if i were in the market for one, i would certainly wait to see if its any good. plenty of great alternatives for that money...

Well one thing I do know about and that is cars, as much or more than most here or anywhere and, at the very least, I have found I can hold my own in any company of experts in that regard.

It's not like I don't know "anything" about what it may come to be.
I am very familiar with the past NSX having repaired and driven scores of them as well as all of the offerings Honda has and has had. I know what I have learned and come to expect from Honda, and from owning and repairing Honda's and Acura's and meeting the people behind the company that makes these cars. With that experience and knowledge I am willing to buy one right off the bat because, in addition, I can't afford to wait until it is 2030 or 2035 to have a 2015 in my garage or my signature.:frown:
I don't think I'll still be driving or able to enjoy a sports car of any considerable ability when I would be THAT old. :redface::redface:
So, yes, God willing, I'll buy one and if it is not "any good" which I think will be unlikely, or if there are better alternatives for the money I'll just suck it up and muddle through.:wink::smile:

If my government keeps picking my pockets even more than they are now, which would be no surprise, I won't be buying squat.:mad:

Last edited:
There's some good things about it being built in Ohio (not all of them are exclusive to the Ohio plant, nonetheless)...

1. The Ohio plant has developed considerable experience building Hondas, and my understanding it the quality of the cars matches the equivalents built in Japan.
2. Mid Ohio raceway is very close by for testing (there are dozens of tracks in the US for testing as well).
3. Jobs for Americans in the manufacturing industry.
4. Building it in the US may help with costs and therefore pricing - I understand that there are other considerations to the eventual price.
5. For us Canadians, we won't have to pay duty when we buy your used NSX.2 as they are American built. That saves us 6.1%.
(On that note we'd be very happy to build it here in Ontario. Cambridge or Alliston. If you guys don't want it built in Ohio that is)

Downside - I think is mostly perception. It might be like BMW building M3s or M5s in Spartanburg rather than Munich. I get that.

Last edited:
There is a large testing facility with a track, right between the Honda factories in Ohio. <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]TRC[/FONT]

Last edited:
There is a large testing facility with at rack right between the Honda factories in Ohio. <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]TRC[/FONT]

I remember it well Joe - It was an absolute blast driving the NSX there - I just wish we got to take our cars around the high speed oval.

Back