• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window regulator upgrade kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, just wanted to give a "huge" thanks to Hugo! His kit is incredible, just absolute genius!

Also, since he has left me with a full stock of the kits I am now doing installs of the kit in the Vancouver B.C area, and have kits that I can ship in western Canada.

Thanks again Hugo for solving one of the biggest flaws of the NSX.

P.S. We may have two more solutions:

- for those who want even faster windows.

- for those who are interested in auto up and down windows.

I'd be interested in the auto up/down. I was going to do this with a DEI module but if you guys have something better let us know.

DEI module can do it, but we just discovered that the EDM switch provides Auto up/down, when he gets time, hugo is going to disassemble and see what the difference is.

Just had my regulators fixed by Hugo. I guess I was the last car on his tour since he's going home tomorrow. He did the work outside in the dark/rain since we couldn't get my car into the garage.

Thanks Hugo!

Just had my regulators fixed by Hugo. I guess I was the last car on his tour since he's going home tomorrow. He did the work outside in the dark/rain since we couldn't get my car into the garage.

Thanks Hugo!
Did you have issues prior or just wanted the upgrade? I'm having no issues but always persuing better outcome.

Did you have issues prior or just wanted the upgrade? I'm having no issues but always persuing better outcome.

My passenger window would get stuck halfway up and I have been afraid to actually use my windows for a while now. It seems to be just fine now. Hugo says it'll actually get better as the new parts break in a bit and the grease gets better distributed.

My passenger window would get stuck halfway up and I have been afraid to actually use my windows for a while now. It seems to be just fine now. Hugo says it'll actually get better as the new parts break in a bit and the grease gets better distributed.
Good to know.:biggrin:

Hmm might get this soon...!

I'm interested in the faster speed and the auto up and down. Will the auto feature have a safety feature that stops the up action if someone's hand gets caught in the window?

[/QUOTE]P.S. We may have two more solutions:

- for those who want even faster windows.

- for those who are interested in auto up and down windows.[/QUOTE]

Me too, please. PM me.

Since Hugo is probably travelling, we will have to wait till he has time to look into it.

The auto up/down is a function of the factory EDM switch that we found out by mistake while he was training me to install the kits.

Feel free to PM me for further info.

Are the teflon guides ready to go with the upgrade kits----? I am ready to order a pair but don't want to pull the doors apart twice as I also need amps rebuilt and the THINGY's tooooo!
Just send me an e-mail and let me know and I will send off paypal payment. Tks and regards---Huck

I was just wondering if Honda used rubber guides in order to make a better seal to minimize wind noise at speed ? The rubber would have more give than teflon and may somehow allow a flexible amount of pressure againts the window seal. This statement is more of a hypothesis than anything based on actual facts or knowledge.

Roger59: the window is fixed to the regulator on the moving part of its lever, so there is no direct link between them, the regulator is not responsible for the window alignment, rubber (or teflon) guides have nothing to do with wind noise!

Huck: you have PM.

Thanks for answering my post. I should have kept my theory to myself as I obviously did not think before posting. I am interested in doing the window fix and may as well wait until you get the guides sorted out as well so please let me know when they are available and I will take two. Thanks for your very informative posts. I have already done the auto up and it is very impressive.

Sorry but just saw this thread.. How much it will cost me for the kit for both doors and does it include shipping??

Last edited:
I'm new so please bare with me... will this fix a window that isn't working at all? If yes, were do I send my money to? My driver side window wont go down.

Huggy, were you making up some new teflon-thingys? I got an upgrade kit from Angus and wanted to double-check... Thx, QD.

Hugo,

I'm also waiting for the Teflon guides to install my rollers so I don't have to open my doors and remove the Dynamat twice.

When will the Teflon guides be ready?

Hi Primembers
Many of you are getting impatient, so let me announce here that Teflon guides are ready yes, here is the my ultimate mod for the NSX WINDOWS REGULATOR, here are the first pictures :biggrin:

dsc09586n.jpg

dsc09588.jpg

I just need a few more days to finish the final tests before starting to sell and include them in the kit, so please be patient.

Guides are made of Teflon by mould injection process.
I choose not to add any coloration pigment, they have the natural color of Teflon that is why they are milky light blue :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back