• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window regulator upgrade kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along the same lines as Frank, Hugo is lined up for Sept 4/5 in Maryland. Hugo, do you want to do installs on both days or just one day? What's your schedule look like?

Hugo, I sent payment Aug 6 and haven't received anything any word on when I can expect my regulator upgrade kit?

Well by now Hugo must be in NC, that is after leaving my place in Georgia working on Alex's, my buddy Piyush's and my NSX.

Wow, fantastic work Hugo, a true service to this community.

I watched how involved this work was, taking the door apart and then taking the regulator apart, I can say I am glad I had the expert working on it. I am very handy and could have completed this work myself but I know it would have taken 3 times as long.

The end result experienced all three NSX's was they all had improved speed both up and down. Some more experienced more of a noticable difference than others but it was definitely an improvement, and this was a side effect of extending the life of the regulators! Fantastic!

Thank you again Hugo, it goes to show you if you have an idea improving perfection then you really can get a lot of folks on board and see your idea through to satisfied customers!

Take care, safe travels and I look forward to your next "Road Show/Trip" Kind regards, ~M~

Still No Parts or any contact from Hugo since my payment over a month ago. I want to file a charge back, but would rather have the parts. If anyone happens to talk to him can you have him contact me please.

I'm kindof bummed that he never made it to the PacNW during his travels. Closest I saw his schedule was NorCal which MOST CERTAINLY is not the PNW. I know of 5-6 NSXs in my area & I am sure there are dozens in the Seattle & Portland area each, so he could've had a group going here. I wonder if any of the oldsters here could convince him to stop by though I would imagine we are way out of the way now.... Oh well, maybe next year

Still No Parts or any contact from Hugo since my payment over a month ago. I want to file a charge back, but would rather have the parts. If anyone happens to talk to him can you have him contact me please.

He has been touring the states for the last month. Some loser broke into his car and stole everything at some point. Moreover he hasn't had Internet access, so give him a break. He has gone so far beyond what 99.99% of the rest of us have done that we should be applauding him and and be grateful. He will get you your parts when he returns home.

I'm kindof bummed that he never made it to the PacNW during his travels. Closest I saw his schedule was NorCal which MOST CERTAINLY is not the PNW. I know of 5-6 NSXs in my area & I am sure there are dozens in the Seattle & Portland area each, so he could've had a group going here. I wonder if any of the oldsters here could convince him to stop by though I would imagine we are way out of the way now.... Oh well, maybe next year
The tour is done, but he will be at nsxpo.

Shortly before he started his tour here, I ordered a kit and received it in time for his arrival in SoCal. But I didn't get the address to the event so I couldn't make it. He did send out the parts, I wouldn't worry about it. I think you probably just caught him at the worst of times.

He has been touring the states for the last month. Some loser broke into his car and stole everything at some point. Moreover he hasn't had Internet access, so give him a break. He has gone so far beyond what 99.99% of the rest of us have done that we should be applauding him and and be grateful. He will get you your parts when he returns home.
The tour is done, but he will be at nsxpo.

Yes, that was very helpful thank you for your much needed post. :rolleyes:

Actually Hugo has contacted me and I should be receiving my Kit in a week or so.

Great kit and write-up ~ as an engineer I'm very impressed with your step-by-step and covering all the factors involved! :biggrin:

Is this upgrade primarily for older model year NSX's or has 2002+ owners also done this mod?

My 04 NSX seems to have no problems and I'm just curious if this mod would benefit us late model NSX guys too? Faster and smoother is always better so just wanted to ask. Did Honda improve the window parts on the later models or is it all the same?

rick

Great kit and write-up ~ as an engineer I'm very impressed with your step-by-step and covering all the factors involved! :biggrin:

Is this upgrade primarily for older model year NSX's or has 2002+ owners also done this mod?

My 04 NSX seems to have no problems and I'm just curious if this mod would benefit us late model NSX guys too? Faster and smoother is always better so just wanted to ask. Did Honda improve the window parts on the later models or is it all the same?

rick

Memory doesn't serve me as well these days but Honda only made one update to the window regulators and that was putting the metal box around the plastic window guides. I don't know if that update was 92, 93 or 94 but it was definitely an early model update.

So in essence, your window regulator has the same design flaws that Hugo is correcting with his kit, it's just that you may not need it for a few more years to come.

grtahoang: yes they are again available, I have start preparing a "mass production" for the NSXPO in Vegas! :biggrin:

lithiumus/s4play: I had the opportunity to upgrade a couple of 05' NSX, regulators are basically the same but there was a 2nd update with a reduced cable lenght, internal parts remain the same, so the kit works for ALL YEARS yes, turns out to be very smooth for a 2005 late model!

DOCMORGY: set up an install day of 6 NSX and I'll go there before Vegas in October! We could then arrange carpooling to Vegas from there, I would help you to drive and fix your windows:rolleyes:!

DRIFTER: your kit will be sent tomorrow, you have my word on it. You can't imagine how much work I have after 5 weeks vacations, I really had no time for the kits or posting anything on Prime.

Along my TOUR, I have found that many regulators had missing or damaged rubber guidings, I am now working on mouldlings and TEFLON injection processes to have these guidings ready for the NSXPO:rolleyes:
Of course, these will be available separatly to all members that already bought the kit.

The Teflon guidings will now be discussed in the DO-IT-YOURSELF thread, I will use this VENDOR thread "Window regulator upgrade kits" only for pricing, waiting lists, reclamations and so on...

Thanks Hugabuga. Any chance you setting up an install session at NSXPO for the regulator and teflon guide kits?

DOCMORGY I know a few here in Seattle that would like the regulator kits also. Let's set it up.

Last edited:
grtahoang: there will be about 400 NSX in Vegas for what I heard, I will have a vendor table and prepare some tech sessions and demos perhaps with water cans, but won't probably have time to fix too many windows during the show or the night:biggrin:
NSXPO lasts only 5 days, I loved the USA so much that I can't go there for just 5 days, I would love to visit Seatle before or after the NSXPO.

grtahoang: there will be about 400 NSX in Vegas for what I heard, I will have a vendor table and prepare some tech sessions and demos perhaps with water cans, but won't probably have time to fix too many windows during the show or the night:biggrin:
NSXPO lasts only 5 days, I loved the USA so much that I can't go there for just 5 days, I would love to visit Seatle before or after the NSXPO.

If you do come to seattle I'm in for having you fix both my regulators. I'm not going to make it to NSXPO though.

If you do come to seattle I'm in for having you fix both my regulators. I'm not going to make it to NSXPO though.

Yah, I won't make NSXPO either. My car is already sitting in Lynnwood right now w/the regulator upgrades waiting to be installed (they were going to put in for me). I hadn't looked at this particular thread in a while but I'd bet that if Hugabuga went to Seattle, Charles at Lynnwood would love to have him show their techs the installation methods (hint hint NSXFORLIFE)

Thanks, Hugo, for posting on here. Seattle/PacNW is great this time of year & you'd enjoy it certainly...

I'll be sure to visit your table if you don't make it here.

Hi Hugo, please let me know how to purchase upgrade kits for both sides of a 91 UK spec. Amazing that after years of "experts" saying that the problem was "this and that" that someone has finally solved it, well done! :smile:

Are you planning on releasing an updated version of your kit anytime soon or should I just purchase the current kit? Please let me know via PM. Thanks.

Hey Hugo,

Thanks for the update on the 05 models. Does the shorter cable make for a tighter or more difficult removal? Was it only on the 05 models or were all the 02-05 models updated with the shorter cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back