• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window tent for my house...

Well just to prove I am a glutton for punishment after my request for a general contractor recommendation for my bathroom remodel and the abuse I received, I am now asking for any recommendations for a tint shop that would be able to come to my home and tint my windows.

My interior designer said window tint is window tint. Companies that provide home window tint are much more expensive than auto services, but the product is basically the same. I receive full Southern sun from morning until evening and it is going to ruin my furniture and paintings.

Please, no volunteers to stand in front of my windows and get a tan.

Doug,

I don't have any recommendations but there *can* be a difference in window films. I once had a car that had window film on the front windshield. It was completely clear but blocked (some percentage of) UV rays and also rejected heat. It was a residential film that I asked pretty please to have them install on my car. Commercial films may be even better at doing this job. Tinted films should likely perform better still.

Just saying that you should shop around for good film because it does make a difference and also that you don't HAVE to "tint" to save your interior (car or home).

J

California Tint in Campbell, CA does excellent work.. been in business for over 30 years. ASk for Bob and tell him Mike Mak from TPS sent you.

What is a window tent? :confused:

I think he meant tent window.
102_1370.jpg

Well with the exception of a few, you've proven my point that you're all butt heads.:tongue: Seriously, thanks for the information as well as the laughs. I had this group come over and give me an estimate. It was about $1,000 per window. I don't want some sort of dark tint. I want a clear type of cover that provides UV protection.

Ken wasn't kidding. He really does have sheets hanging for his window covering. :biggrin:

Well with the exception of a few, you've proven my point that you're all butt heads.:tongue: Seriously, thanks for the information as well as the laughs. I had this group come over and give me an estimate. It was about $1,000 per window. I don't want some sort of dark tint. I want a clear type of cover that provides UV protection.

Ken wasn't kidding. He really does have sheets hanging for his window covering. :biggrin:

1,000 A WINDOW!!!! Is this a huge window or something? I thought about tinting some of my kitchen windows but at that price no thanks! LOL

I don't want some sort of dark tint. I want a clear type of cover that provides UV protection.
doug,

man, you're hard to please, but my cousin saw your post and said he'd be happy to come over and apply the tint that most of our family uses:

Attachments

• redneckwindowtint.jpg
    redneckwindowtint.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 225
Back