• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Winter Park, FL Concours D'Elegance Car Show

I just talked to one of the coordinators of the Winter Park Concours D'Elegance Car Show being held on October 16th and they would like to create a special NSX class with a separate trophy if we can get 6 or more NSX's entered. They are expecting 175-200 exotics, luxury and rare cars.

Their webpage is listed below. The show starts Friday night with a reception at the Sanford Airport. Saturday starts with breakfast then a drive with the cars followed by a lunch stop. There is a black tie dinner later that night and Sunday is the show along Park Ave. in downtown Winter Park. There are lots of exotics and luxury cars. Lets get a great NSX turn out.

http://www.tscevents.com/wpcde/wpc_about.html

http://www.automotivephoto.com/gallery/winterpark

Last edited:
You sure have been finding all the pictures lately :wink: lol. Finally a Sunday event. I know there are a number of guys that come to the shop that dont look at Prime regularly. I'll mention it to a number of them. I've ever only seen 3 or 4 at one time at a show.

Oster

Will have to check to see if I work that weekend or not. Am going to try and get back into the show scene this coming year, starting with NOPI this Sept.

It's about time Maurice, lol. I keep hearing you threaten to make it, lol.

Oster

FLA NSX FIXER said:
It's about time Maurice, lol. I keep hearing you threaten to make it, lol.

Oster
I know, I know :redface: I just don't want to come down there and have my little ole' car get embarassed by all the other really nice cars.
:smile:

Come on Maurice, just take the day off and come down!! This show needs more than just one white NSX. There have been no NSX's entered in this show for the past 2 years. :biggrin: :biggrin:

How am I gonna win the trophy if I don't get 5 more cars entered?? he,he,he! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue:

I know there are a lot nicer NSX's than mine that can show up. I just want to see some "X''s at this show for once.

I'm down for the coming out.. just let me know the details! wait a minute, did i sell that front lip to you? lol.... long time no hear. I'd love to come out and support nsx's!

JadeCrew NSX said:
I'm down for the coming out.. just let me know the details! wait a minute, did i sell that front lip to you? lol.... long time no hear. I'd love to come out and support nsx's!

My car changed by your front lip...but, look at your car now :eek: :eek: WOW!!! Can't wait to see this car in person... The deadline for registration is September 15th.

http://www.tscevents.com/wpcde/wpc_registration.html

Todd,

I believe I can show mine. I won't be very competitive, but it will add one to the numbers. I will check out your link, and make sure it works for me.

Warren

Todd,
Heather and I might be able to join you guys. The green car is actually back on the road. I know, impossible you say! Perhaps Vinny and Mary would be up for it. I know they always liked the Winter Park event. Keep me posted on your plans, it would be great to get together.
[email protected]

Best regards,
Scott

Soundz like fun. I've never shown my car before. It's pretty much all stock but don't believe it to be show ready. I am en route to getting my rims dipped (several scuffs). After Katrina, there was damage to my tints, so they need work. Everything else is pretty good (in need of a detailer) but I'm also waiting on the hatch release knob (inside by the drivers side) so that's a bit incomplete too. But it would be great to meet others and get together for a drive. Just don't want to embarass my babe and would like my first "show" to be in tip top shape. Oh, also, do any stock cars show ? Thanks*~

I signed up for this event.
I plan to go to the Friday night "cocktail reception" at the Sanford airport hangar...with the jets and other exotic toys. I plan to make it an entire weekend event.

Hope to see many of you there.

Joe

i'm still up in the air about this right now. i've already registered for NOPI and now am not sure I'm going to make it or not.
Don't want to pay registration again for a show and not be able to make it either.
Sounds like you are getting quite a few more interested parties though :smile:

You should read the judging guidelines all the way through.
I found these the most interesting

rule # 1. "Cars 2002 and later are not eligible for judging."

rule # "11. The key purpose of the concourse is to promote the preservation of each marque in its original state. Therefore, the primary focus of the judging will be on originality, authenticity and condition with secondary emphasis on cosmetics. Deductions will be made for over-restoration; extravagance detracts from originality. Over-cleanliness is unnecessary; some slight road dust and wear is to be expected. These cars are meant to be driven!"

This may not be for everyone it's not a "Tunner Show" :biggrin:
I am also interested in attending.

heretic said:
You should read the judging guidelines all the way through.
I found these the most interesting

rule # 1. "Cars 2002 and later are not eligible for judging."

rule # "11. The key purpose of the concourse is to promote the preservation of each marque in its original state. Therefore, the primary focus of the judging will be on originality, authenticity and condition with secondary emphasis on cosmetics. Deductions will be made for over-restoration; extravagance detracts from originality. Over-cleanliness is unnecessary; some slight road dust and wear is to be expected. These cars are meant to be driven!"

This may not be for everyone it's not a "Tunner Show" :biggrin:
I am also interested in attending.

I don't think anybody that is talking about going has a 02+ car.
It is interesting to note about the originality aspect. I like that part.
Due to the type of show it is, nobody was expecting it to be a 'tuner' show.
Having said that, I'm still on the fence about it. Should be fun for those attending to at least meet and hang with fellow owners.

MiamiMermaid said:
Soundz like fun. I've never shown my car before. It's pretty much all stock but don't believe it to be show ready. I am en route to getting my rims dipped (several scuffs). After Katrina, there was damage to my tints, so they need work. Everything else is pretty good (in need of a detailer) but I'm also waiting on the hatch release knob (inside by the drivers side) so that's a bit incomplete too. But it would be great to meet others and get together for a drive. Just don't want to embarass my babe and would like my first "show" to be in tip top shape. Oh, also, do any stock cars show ? Thanks*~

Hi Mermaid,

We would love have you join us! As you can tell from the post above the more stock the better. Those of us with mods., have a much less chance of winning...and who cares about winning it's fun to get together with other NSX'ers :biggrin: :biggrin:

How many NSX's are you all at ? *still thinking about it* since my other obligation just switched dates.... :)
p.s. not sure if you mentioned this, but is there a deadline for registration? ThaNSX!!!

Last edited:
Back