• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

With Steve Gooding MIA where did you take the NSX ?

Hi, Steve has been out of touch for a while and I need to get someone in the Raleigh area to look at my car. Any recommendations? My car is has an issue with a miss... Jeff

there's not anyone else i want to work on my car

I know that Steve was trying to concentrate on some other ventures since the real estate thing was slow. Has he cut out working on the cars all together?

If so that is going to be a problem for us all? Has anyone spoken to him directly lately? Do we need to start the search for a backup? This would happen as my car starts to do weird things again too.

Let me know what you find out?

I spoke to Steve on the way back from out NC Mini Expo as I broke down. I called his cell phone and he answered.

We briefly chatted and he said he was really busy and was in and out of town a lot. I did not have the chance to ask him what he was doing.

I would say he would still be willing to work on our cars, but with his hectic schedule, the timeline would not be as quick.

Just my thought. Has anyone tried to call him in the last month or so?

I went by his place on Monday. Spoke with his wife. Steve was out at the time, but she indicated that he is in town right now. Keep trying to contact him. Evidently he has been very busy the last few weeks.

Good Morning to All.....

Steve is not MIA just trying to survive our challenged economy. If I have not answered an email or phone call I am sorry. I have been trying to keep up with people as best as I can. I have looked at one car this month and spoken with at least 4 owners.

I have been driving OTR (over the road) commercially. I had to leave the company as they could not get me home on a regular schedule. When I hired on this was one of my criteria, and I explained that I have a small client base of customers/friends that I take care of their cars, and I plan to continue to do this. I used to do this years ago and it is something I love to do, as is taking care of "my NSX's"...lol. It appears that the only way I can make my new idea work is to go completely independent, so I can book my own loads and be in control of my time off, and the amount of time at home. My plan is to drive about 10 days and then be off 3-4 and I would work on a car 1 day and do family stuff the other 2-3 days.

So my challenge is now to find a way to buy a used Semi to make my plan work. I believe it is a good plan, and I am working on making it happen. I still own the Real Estate company as well. Any ideas??

Petra has gone back to work at the schools and that is helping. With 4 kids (including 2 at NC State) and the housing market collapse, I am forced to have another income.

If you need to get a hold of me PLEASE call, email, or currently stop by.....

Steve Gooding
[email protected]

Hey Steve,

Good to hear from you. I'm sure there are several owners in the area relieved to hear from you. Hope to see you soon.

John

Back