• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Wrapping up major maintenance...a few questions

Hey guys,
I'm finally wrapping up my TB/WP maintenance. It was a long process and there was defintiely some scope creep as I took the time to refresh just about every seal I could get my hands on...and installed NA2 Headers :biggrin:

I have a few bits and pieces that I can't seem to fina where they go since I've taken her apart.

The first culprit is this bracket what is its purpose and where does it bolt to? I'm holding bracket, with my index finger...not pointing in case there is confusion.

2012-08-19201928.jpg

Next, I didn't take a picture, but are the 3 bolts that bolt the front engine mount to the block the same length? In the service manual, its shown near the top and it shows the bolts as the same length, but I'm down to my last 5 bolts that would fit there and only have two of the same length :/

NSXenginemount.jpg

1. The bracket bolts into the hole right by your thumb in the pic (fan mount flange):).

2. For the front mount, there are two bolts the same, one is longer. The longer one, is for the engine block mount bolt, where the other two bolt to the trans case mount bolts. If you look at the mount head on, the right upper is the engine block, the left upper and bottom bolts are trans mount.

HTH,
LarryB

Another Larry B to the rescue thread

1. The bracket bolts into the hole right by your thumb in the pic (fan mount flange):).

2. For the front mount, there are two bolts the same, one is longer. The longer one, is for the engine block mount bolt, where the other two bolt to the trans case mount bolts. If you look at the mount head on, the right upper is the engine block, the left upper and bottom bolts are trans mount.

HTH,
LarryB

HTH,
LarryB

Opps I goofed up in the text above:

If you look at the mount head on, the left upper is the engine block, the right upper and bottom bolts are trans mount.

I hate when that happens:D:D

Regards,
LarryB

Larry, thanks for the update. I got the bolt in and the bracket installed.

Another and hopefully last question, I installed OEM NA2 headers onto my '93 and it came with O2 sensor extensions. Based on this diagram, it looks like the longer OEM wire goes on the rear bank and the shorter OEM wire goes to the front bank?
ExhaustPage.jpg

That would be exactly backwards:).

The long wire is for the front 02 sensor that is now relocated near the end of the header(by the cat), instead of above the rear beam on the manifold. The long wire goes from the relocated front 02 sensor, up over the engine, then to the FRONT valve cover connection.

The rear 02 sensor uses the short one.

If you reverse these it will make you nuts, since the rear 02 sensor would control the front fuel system and visa-versa, ECU will throw codes all over the place, since it will be confused;).

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
Larry and everyone else that chimed in. Thanks to the help you guys provided, I was able to wrap up the work on her this past weekend...too busy driving to post :D I really appreciate the help and if any of you are ever in Atlanta, shoot me a PM and I'll buy you a round of cold ones.

Back