• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yet, another sad day

This morning I crashed and totalled my NSX. I was on my way to work, and it had been raining the night before, and started to come down hard around 0830. I was driving through this long S curve. The curve ends on a bridge, as I was coming on the bridge the rear end started coming from under me. I tried to countersteer but it was of no use. She kept sliding, the front left of the nose hit the inner barrier first and that sent me back and forth between the barriers on the bridge.

Pretty much all panels got banged up except the doors. Front bumper, hood, fenders, quarter panels, rear bumper, trunk lid, broken wheel, looks like broken right rear suspension, and whatever support beams. No windows got shattered, no air bags deployed.

I'm pretty bummed because I was to drive cross country to NC. I just reenlisted in the Marine Corps and got reassigned from KC-130's to Crew Chief on the MV-22 Osprey. I was looking forward to meeting Darrin, as he lives about 40 mins away from my new duty station.

I already know it's gonna be a total loss, so now I have to wait for Geico to settle with me. Hopefully I'll get a fair amount for her, I'll pay off what I owe on her. Now I have to find a new car before Feb 2, since that is when I leave CA. I can't make up my mind on what to get now. If I get a truck/suv I'm thinking Ridgeline for sure. If I get a car, I want a sedan preferably, but not sure what to get. Accord? 3 Series? My dad suggested a 350Z, but if I were to get a sports car, it would have to be another NSX. Anything else would not cut it, no matter how much faster/ more hp it has.

Sorry to inform you NSX VIN T000449 is now out of commission. RIP.

3229363789_392cc40931.jpg
3229366109_ca4cfd486d.jpg
3229364223_da555df19a.jpg
3230213432_0970cce2b8.jpg
3229362333_56e8e652ec.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to read about this. Best thing is your not hurt. Best of Luck to you.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your accident. On the positive side, I am glad to hear you're OK. I know you were talking about your transfer and driving the NSX back to North Carolina. As I mentioned to you in a previous post, I did that from Santa Barbara to Raleigh and then Raleigh to San Francisco. It was a great road trip and I was eager for you to enjoy it as I did. Again, sorry to hear about your loss, and thank you for your service to our country.

Sorry to hear that. I'm glad you walked away from it without serious blessures. RIP.

Dude, glad you're OK!!!

Will take some time to heal the mental wound, until the next one in your garage.

Good luck.

Glad your ok bro! Really sucks though! Good thing is now seems to be a good time to get a vehicle and NSX prices are down should you choose to go that route.

Also the Ridgeline is pretty sweet. I'd never had a truck before but love it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Wow! That really sucks. Glad you are ok.

Look for another NSX. If not, you WILL be back. Trust me :wink:

I am very sorry that this happened to you. However, I am most glad that you came out of it unhurt.
I know exactly how you feel, I had a similar accident with my own NSX just last month and at moment I still cannot believe that I am suddenly without it.

Other will tell you the same as I am doing right now. The car, even a NSX, IS replacable, you, on the other hand, are NOT.

That really stinks. I'm sorry to hear this, and I'm sorry that these posts seem to be coming more frequently now for some reason. What do you mean you don't know what else to get??? :tongue: Get another NSX!

Seriously, I'm glad you weren't hurt, and I hope your dealings with insurance go smoothly.

I am so sorry to hear about you loosing your NSX just before your drive out to NC. I am gald to hear that you are OK and that is the most important thing.

Wow ... I cannot believe this happened to you. I was looking forward to having another NSX owner in the area to get together & cruize! I was also looking forward to helping you with your 02 conversion!

On the positive side of things ... I am sure you can fnd another NSX (if you want another) for your settlement price or even lower due to the economy right now. I have seen some crazy prices on pre 95 NSX's as of late.

I am very gald to hear you are OK and I do look forward to meeting you when you get out this way.

Darrin

Glad you're ok! I know the exact feeling, but I'll echo everyone here and say that you're not replaceable while the car is.

You will want to get another one. :tongue:

Wow, this is truly bad news!! Glad to hear you are ok except for your spirits. There are tons of NSX's out there for sale, so you can have your pick. Unfortunately, banks have gotten so strict on loans, that those of use that need help on the older models probably can't get another loan.

If fuel economy is not a concern then the Ridgeline is a nice vehicle. I looked at them before settling on an Element SC. Not the fastest, but 22 mpg city was a lot better than 15/16 my coworker gets in his Ridgeline and I drive a lot!!

Can I ask what tire you were running on your NSX??

Feel better!!

Glad that you are OK! Sorry for your loss. Maybe you can pick up another NSX soon, prices seem to be very good right now if you are in the market.

This morning I crashed and totalled my NSX. I was on my way to work, and it had been raining the night before, and started to come down hard around 0830.

seeing 0830, I knew right away you were in the military. :tongue:

sorry to hear that you crashed your car. whats your rank?

Glad you are OK mate. I know how that feels as it happened to me almost 3 years ago. Cars you can replace, and I am sure you'll find a nice NSX in the near future.

Cheers,

AR

That's awful news but x2 on the "I'm glad you're ok" sentiments. The car is disposable...you're not...so you definitely got the better end of the deal.

I hope you still stick around the community both in spirit and, in the future, with another NSX.

Doh! Another NSX bites the dust. :frown:
Sad to hear about the car, but glad the driver walks away. :smile:

Back