• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 Long Beach Blue CTSC vs 03 Silverstone

02 Long Beach Blue CTSC vs 03 Silverstone

• 02 Long Beach Blue CTCS - 40k miles

Votes: 50 79.4%
  • 03 Silverstone - 30k miles bone stock

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Danny, Just couldn't stay away could you? glad to see you getting back into an NSX.
The LBBP is stunning, not feeling the wheels on it, I think the 02+ oem wheels are perfect, too bad they're not 18" in the rear,
And with the supercharger, what's not to love about it?

The Silverstone is nice if pristine and original is what you're after but the more thrilling option here is the LBBP.

I've missed my car ever since the day you drove off....THAT CAR WAS SWEET! Hope your enjoying it :smile:

I really am. You took great care of it, I hope to do the same. The sickness is that every car I drive will forever be compared to the NSX. The hardest part has been logging on to prime, seeing everyone modding their cars to the hilt and fighting the desire to get in on the action.

So BLUE it is?:biggrin:
I saw a silverstone 02+ going I-95S on my way to the orlando airport and it definately looks the business; classy, understated, elegant

I really am. You took great care of it, I hope to do the same. The sickness is that every car I drive will forever be compared to the NSX. The hardest part has been logging on to prime, seeing everyone modding their cars to the hilt and fighting the desire to get in on the action.

So BLUE it is?:biggrin:
I saw a silverstone 02+ going I-95S on my way to the orlando airport and it definately looks the business; classy, understated, elegant

Waiting on detailed interior pics of the blue and then its on to PPIs to make the final choice.

My wife is into the "classy and elegance" of the Silverstone.....I've never owned a blue car, so it's kind of appealing not to mention the CTSC. Wish i could have both :redface:

Hi,

i voted for the LBBP and i never saw one in person... my thoughts are that silverish colors, i.e. different grades of silver, are very common... i think that it would be one more to the crowd. Then, i have 2 groups of NSX colors that i like, i can't compare between the 2 groups:

- Deep Metalic colors: LBBP, Imola Orange and Rio Yellow

- Plain colors: Formula Red, Black, Championship White

I had the chance to do a color change this year and if i commited to do it, it was between Imola Orange (JetPilot and Synth are to blame :biggrin:) and Championship White (Honda is to blame). But i didn't go through with it, and kept the Formula Red.

But your choice is between Silverstone and LBBP, so i choose LBBP.

Thanks,
Nuno

Fuel for the desire fire...

Attachments

• 8-30-09 Aub's B-Day and 9-3-09 NSX's 011.jpg
    8-30-09 Aub's B-Day and 9-3-09 NSX's 011.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 8-30-09 Aub's B-Day and 9-3-09 NSX's 019.jpg
    8-30-09 Aub's B-Day and 9-3-09 NSX's 019.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 8-30-09 Aub's B-Day and 9-3-09 NSX's 023.jpg
    8-30-09 Aub's B-Day and 9-3-09 NSX's 023.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 51
And, Danny, for you..... part two: :biggrin:

All taken today, after detailing in prep for NSXPO!

Attachments

• 8-30-09 Aub's B-Day and 9-3-09 NSX's 031.jpg
    8-30-09 Aub's B-Day and 9-3-09 NSX's 031.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 8-30-09 Aub's B-Day and 9-3-09 NSX's 032.jpg
    8-30-09 Aub's B-Day and 9-3-09 NSX's 032.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 38
Geez you guys suck! :tongue:

I love the blue with the stock wheels, just beautiful. If I go this route I'll most likely sell/trade the Work wheels for OEM.

And, Danny, for you..... part two: :biggrin:

All taken today, after detailing in prep for NSXPO!

Need someone to drive one of them to XPO for ya? :wink: and did you really need to show me that Imola picture? My wife saw that and the first thing she said was "WOW, I like that better than the blue, are there any of them for sale?" Arrrrrrghhhhh....maybe I need to expand the Poll to include the Imola CTSC out in California......It's nice to have choices, but sucks when you can't make up your mind!?!?!?! Would be sooooo much easier if I could go your route and get one of each....man the crap I'd take at the homestead for that one :tongue:

Ahem...first of all Danny I already have dibs on driving one of Neal's cars as I posted that in the NSXPO thread...hehe:wink: I doubt either he or the wife will relenquish driving duties...haha.

Secondly, that Imola in California is one sweet deal and definately worth checking out. Remember there are only 41 Imola Orange Pearls with the Orange interior and 8 Imola Oranges with the Onyx black interior. That means only 49 made between 2002 and 2005

Mmmmmmm....Imola:
DSC00422.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

Last edited:
Ahem...first of all Danny I already have dibs on driving one of Neal's cars as I posted that in the NSXPO thread...hehe:wink: I doubt either he or the wife will relenquish driving duties...haha.

Secondly, that Imola in California is one sweet deal and definately worth checking out. Remember there are only 41 Imola Orange Pearls with the Orange interior and 8 Imola Oranges with the Onyx black interior. That means only 49 made between 2002 and 2005

Mmmmmmm....Imola:
DSC00422.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

HOLY CRAP I spit up my coffee on that last pic :biggrin: Ok, so Cameron why again did you get rid of it? :confused:

The one in CA is no longer on Autotrader, don't know if it sold or not. I wasn't sure about the interior but it was one of the cleanest interiors I've ever seen. I recently saw an Imola with the matching interior and it was a whole lot nicer than I expected, I'm just not sure if the colors would grow old on me after a while.

Don't ask...one of my only regrets. It was a rash decision that wasn't thought thru to well.

That being said, I'm starting to look now so either pick one or else you'll be competing with me...haha. Kidding. I won't grab another until December or January maybe even later as we are working on our plan to move back to Canada. When that happens my NSX purchase will happen thereabouts...

Search this thread as this is the Imola you are referring to...maybe there's a phone number?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1125952#post1125952

Either way both LBBP and Imola are the best!

Don't ask...one of my only regrets. It was a rash decision that wasn't thought thru to well.

That being said, I'm starting to look now so either pick one or else you'll be competing with me...haha. Kidding. I won't grab another until December or January maybe even later as we are working on our plan to move back to Canada. When that happens my NSX purchase will happen thereabouts...

Search this thread as this is the Imola you are referring to...maybe there's a phone number?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1125952#post1125952

Hahahaha....I already had PM'd NSX GT as he had posted in the thread that he knew the owner. I figure since I'm already so confused I might as well shake things up and really mind screw myself :rolleyes:

Had to chime in here. Both would be great cars all things being equal and they usually aren't.

On the blue - if you have a good history from the person that had the SC installed and there is no shady past and the car fax gives you an idea of where it's been and they are verifiable records on the car then it may be the one - but the price is a bit low. SCs aren't for everyone - pitty that they aren't close enough for driving. That's the trouble with looking all over the country for cars. If you live within reasonable distance to the blue one that's great but if not how are you going to get the car back home? Will you have to transport it - that's another expense and may be a substantial expense. If the interior is a bit rough, which is hard to believe, but that would indicate level of care. One measuring stick at least. One fellow mentioned something about it being in FL and some wash of the records - I'd be careful if there is any question there. If the guy is not a primer and even if he is I'd still have that one checked closely - it doesn't have that low of miles. A PPI is a given on that one - especially that one. Check it out carefully. Where did the stock wheels go? Obviously the owner didn't keep them which in my opinion is not good. I have all the original equipment that came off my car when the few mods were put on. That's a good owner - the one that keeps OEM stuff for the new owner - that's important to me.

The Silver one - if it has less owners and the current owner has all the records and it's completely stock as you say then you can't discount that at all. Matter of fact you always have to be careful about damage or paint work - check that really close but with a good history of owners and records from all then it may be the one. Interior being in great condition is a huge plus in my book. Less miles another big plus. Lots of stuff that hasn't been brought out in this discussion. You haven't given us a lot of info from the owners to go on.

Partial info can get the group excited for one car which on the surface sounds great as in the blue one - but erring on the side of conservatism where one car may have better records, pristine care, lower miles, great interior and completely stock sounds awfully good to me. I can't stress the records and verifiable ownership enough. You can't find a substitute for that- it's either there or it isn't. If the blue has any shady business in it's past and the silver does not - then it's a no brainer for the silver one in my book.

Lots of guys here like mods - and it's attractive to find good mods. I'm lucky in that mine came with comptech headers - it's a 91 and that is a great mod. It also had a great interior and 42k miles and that was important to me. A very stock car is hard to beat and the 02+ cars at a discount of around 44k IF you can get it for that which I doubt. Basically as I said earlier there is a lot of info that hasn't been brought out for a really good comparison in my opinion.

You can get a good feel from the owner about the car. If you like the owner of the silver one and he isn't a real young guy that has dogged the car - like I might suspect of the blue one - just my nature to scrutinize - then for me it's the stocker. Lower miles good ownership history and there hasn't been enough info on that provided here for anyone to make a clear decision and especially if you don't have any more info than you given us - I would lean towards the stock silver one. That's just my gut feeling about this.

You know all cars have a story and it's your job to find out about them. That's the most important thing you can do here in your search is verify all you can about these cars. Good luck and just proceed with due caution and a lot of diligence. If the silver one is close to you and you could drive it home - that's a big plus.

Tim

Tim

I've owned two NSXs (notice I've been on Prime since 2001?). I'm in Florida and have purchased cars in MI, SC, NY, AL, OH so I'm well versed in how to do a long distance purchase and I know pretty much know everything about these cars that needs to be asked or inspected.

I see you're very "cost conscientious" on your posts...while I value my $$ I'm probably a little less concerned about that as much as I am about getting the "right car". Haven't given much info? Like what? Did you read through the posts as most of the stuff you brought up has been discussed? I've responded below to your questions which pretty much have been covered already. I realize your a new owner and like to chime in with unbelievably lengthy posts but thanks for the post and no need to pontificate on any response :wink:

Had to chime in here. Both would be great cars all things being equal and they usually aren't.

On the blue - if you have a good history from the person that had the SC installed and there is no shady past and the car fax gives you an idea of where it's been and they are verifiable records on the car then it may be the one - but the price is a bit low. ALREADY STATED HE ONLY HAS RECORDS FOR HIS OWNERSHIP SCs aren't for everyone - pitty that they aren't close enough for driving. That's the trouble with looking all over the country for cars. If you live within reasonable distance to the blue one that's great but if not how are you going to get the car back home AGAIN ALREADY ANSWERED, NOT A REASONABLE DISTANCE AS YOU CAN SEE I'M IN FLORIDA AND THE CAR IS IN ARIZONA? Will you have to transport it - that's another expense and may be a substantial expense YES, WHO CARES?. If the interior is a bit rough, which is hard to believe, but that would indicate level of care. AGREED One measuring stick at least. One fellow mentioned something about it being in FL and some wash of the records - I'd be careful if there is any question there. THATS WHAT RESEARCH AND A PPI IS FOR PLUS I'VE ARRANGED FOR FELLOW PRIMERS TO CHECK OUT THE CARS. If the guy is not a primer and even if he is I'd still have that one checked closely - it doesn't have that low of miles. I DON'T THINK THIS IS RELEVANT A PPI is a given on that one - especially that one. DUDE? COME ON NOW, I'M SPENDING THIS MUCH MONEY ON A CAR I DON'T THINK I NEED TO BE LECTURED ABOUT A PPI. Check it out carefully. Where did the stock wheels go? AS I'VE SAID HE'S SOLD THEM SO I'D HAVE TO EITHER LIVE WITH THESE OR I'D MOST LIKELY GO BACK TO OEM Obviously the owner didn't keep them which in my opinion is not good. AGREED I have all the original equipment that came off my car when the few mods were put on. That's a good owner - the one that keeps OEM stuff for the new owner - that's important to me. GOOD FOR YOU

The Silver one - if it has less owners ALREADY STATED 3 OWNERS and the current owner has all the records ALREADY STATED HE DOESN'T AND HE'S OWNED IT LESS THAN 1 YEAR 2K MILES and it's completely stock as you say then you can't discount that at all IS COMPLETELY STOCK. Matter of fact you always have to be careful about damage or paint work - check that really close but with a good history of owners and records from all then it may be the one. Interior being in great condition is a huge plus in my book. YEP Less miles another big plus. YEP BUT IT'S 10K MILES WHICH IS INSIGNIFICANT, THIS AIN'T A FERRARI WE'RE TALKING ABOUT Lots of stuff that hasn't been brought out in this discussion. You haven't given us a lot of info from the owners to go on. HUH?? YOU'VE BEEN AN OWNER FOR A MONTH AND I'M GETTING THIS FROM YOU?

Partial info can get the group excited for one car which on the surface sounds great as in the blue one - but erring on the side of conservatism where one car may have better records, pristine care, lower miles, great interior and completely stock sounds awfully good to me. I can't stress the records and verifiable ownership enough. UM, THANKS. You can't find a substitute for that- it's either there or it isn't. If the blue has any shady business in it's past and the silver does not - then it's a no brainer for the silver one in my book.

Lots of guys here like mods - and it's attractive to find good mods. I'm lucky in that mine came with comptech headers - it's a 91 and that is a great mod. It also had a great interior and 42k miles and that was important to me. YEP I GOT ALL OF THAT FROM YOUR NUMEROUS POSTS THROUGHOUT PRIME A very stock car is hard to beat and the 02+ cars at a discount of around 44k IF you can get it for that which I doubt. I'M NOT LOOKING FOR PRICING HELP, THANKS :wink: Basically as I said earlier there is a lot of info that hasn't been brought out for a really good comparison in my opinion.

You can get a good feel from the owner about the car. If you like the owner of the silver one and he isn't a real young guy that has dogged the car - like I might suspect of the blue one - just my nature to scrutinize - then for me it's the stocker. Lower miles good ownership history and there hasn't been enough info on that provided here for anyone to make a clear decision and especially if you don't have any more info than you given us - I would lean towards the stock silver one. That's just my gut feeling about this.

You know all cars have a story and it's your job to find out about them. That's the most important thing you can do here in your search is verify all you can about these cars. Good luck and just proceed with due caution and a lot of diligence. If the silver one is close to you and you could drive it home - that's a big plus.

Tim

The best of course under RED, the mother of all NSX exotic color. :biggrin:

Oscar

Back