• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

05 NSX Purchase

Tim,

Look at the 993 market in terms of added value for last model year cars and get back to me.

They are doing well - the 993 that is. The TT has always been a big hit and commanded a high price. The special models like the Carrera S or 4S are always big as well and command a higher price. The last of the air coolers have always been top sellers and rightly so I suppose They were more than the 996 when I was looking years ago. They have held their value I'd say very well and may have even increased a bit but then it's hard to say - cause when you look at ebay nothing is apparently selling for the buy it now price. Bids are still low except for the TT and they have come down from the 70k range they were in a few years ago.

The air cooled Porsches actually sell better than the 996 - all of them almost. It's funny. Everyone knows that the 996 is not the best model to have ever been designed. Porsches are a strange breed - the last year of an air cooled motor is a bit different than perhaps the NSX is - it's very hard to compare the two but there is definitely something to it - but you also have to agree that the price to a very large extent is mileage driven. A desireable model with low miles is always going to command a high price - garrage queens are like that - that's just how it is with desireable cars - like NSXs and Porsche, etc. But find me a 2005 NSX with 65k miles on it and then lets talk.

I really believe that it is the miles - as well as the last year and maybe the first year - but I'm not hanging my hat on any of that. It's like an artical said when talking about which model Porsche will be the new collectable - point of the artical was - buy what you like and if it turns out to be in your favor as a collectable down the road then double good for you - but main thing is buy what you like.

In the end - I still say it's all about what your buying a particular car for - is it to collect or is it to drive. Do you want to look at it or do you want to use it. If you want to use it then great get a great car and pay a reasonable price cause you are going to start depreciating as you drive it - it's that simple really. If I was looking for an NA2 late model for maintenance sake and just general newness sake as a driver - I would look for a deal, plain and simple and if I could save 10k or say 15k - as has been done by someone I know - I'd opt for that cause I'm a driver. If I was looking for the NSX and I had had several before and driven them for years - I might say - I want a collector - and I don't intend to put miles on it - I'm going to just baby it - take it out sparingly and see if it appreciates and I have several sports cars anyway - so why not - I just love the car -and I had plenty of money - yeah then I might opt for the super low mile 05 at a premium price cause there just aren't any more of em.

That's my logic. Just like with a 993 - my friend bought a 95 with 37k miles on it and it was a cabrio - for 27k. Yep he got a deal and he's a driver. If I was collecting one I'd buy a targa 98 white with low miles and sit on it. Same deal - different car.

Any update on a car purchase??

are you serious? that is ridiculous.

well, again, i am thankful to all those who helped me get mine - just got my title yesterday and plates on it this morning - guess who was late to work today?

:biggrin:

Team,

Thanks for all the help. I did not buy the car. I tried but could not get the financing approved. Again I still enjoy being a member and will continue to admire the car and the good topics here.

I'm always amazed at the amount of work and effort people put into finding a car when they don't have the money!!!

I mean, why waste your time, your salesmans time, and anyone else's when you don't have the money?

I'm always amazed at the amount of work and effort people put into finding a car when they don't have the money!!!

I mean, why waste your time, your salesmans time, and anyone else's when you don't have the money?

"Hope springs eternal" ......:rolleyes:

The last edition of something that is quality & no longer made is always more desirable to those who know...........

Saving a few dollars to "almost get there" usually doesn't get the return in the long run.

I paid quite a bit extra to pick up one of the LAST 2009 GPW s2000's around just to have the last year so I tend to agree :biggrin: (whether this holds true or not I don't care since I wanted a white s2000 anyways)

04/05 NSX's in it's rarest and most highly desireable colors will ALWAYS command a premium. You have no other choices so you either you pay or you move on, simple choice. I have thought on more than one occasion to sell my 04 GPW NSX for a 2010 R8 v10 but then I just can't pull myself to do it due to the rarity.

I drove a few 2010 and 2011 GTR's the other day and just realized how slow my NSX is in comparison.........:redface: The v10 R8 is no exception to that in terms of speed!

rick

Back