• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

16 yr run w/NSX's has ended

Steve, I, for one, TOTALLY understand why you didn't list it on this site. All the best! :wink:

Sorry to see you go - you had one of the rare GPW NSX's for sure!

I agree, sell it to the dealer and avoid all the hassles of selling on here - too many annoying buyers asking all sorts of dumb questions on forums....

Love the new MDX too ~ I am probably going to get one when my Mercedes runs it's last leg.

c ya around!

Well, if you owned 4 nsx's already you'll probably be back some day. Enjoy the new MDX, I've had no problems with mine since new. The novelty wears off on all the electronic voice activated stuff but the kids love watching TV and asking the car(Tina) what time it is and so on. So did you get two of them or trying to choose between those two colors? Gotta go with white in honor of your old NSX.

Well, if you owned 4 nsx's already you'll probably be back some day. Enjoy the new MDX, I've had no problems with mine since new. The novelty wears off on all the electronic voice activated stuff but the kids love watching TV and asking the car(Tina) what time it is and so on. So did you get two of them or trying to choose between those two colors? Gotta go with white in honor of your old NSX.

Got both - a Tech & Advance

Here in WA State they've decided to get tough on cell phones while driving. Although I had Bluetooth in my other 2nd generation versions ('07,'08, '09), never tried it.

The Bluetooth is more user friendly than I remember. Works great for the hands free. Also the the AUX integration w/ipod is seamless.

Drivability (smoothness?) is much improved over previous one's I've owned. The 6 speed - I can't tell much difference. Advance comes standard w/19's & handles great for an SUV. I guess the best analogy is that the vehicle has now matured beyond the competition - I looked around before I jumped.

They are probably tring to move MDX's cuz something new is coming out. they are always keeping things secret. Honda loves that. probably has a codename like " codename Toyota sucks " followed by a secret handshake

Sorry to see you go! The sad thing is that I was thinking of selling my passat and NSX and get a MDX. I still can't quite convince myself.

Is the new MDX that much better than the 2001/02 MY?

Sorry to see you go! The sad thing is that I was thinking of selling my passat and NSX and get a MDX. I still can't quite convince myself.

Miles ahead

First ones were Honda/Acura's first try in the SUV game (other than rebadged Izuzu Troopers). Odyssey based first gen MDX's were good in their day, but 2007 + models are on totally different level (price wise too). Base start low-mid forties $.

No trunk money but apparently good lease & finance rates as stated in an earlier post to this thread.

Go drive one & see for yourself.

The 2007 and up are so much better then the first generation MDX. If you're picking up a used 07-08 model. Make sure to check that the center console and door inserts lines up and matches nicely when both of the front doors are closed. Also, drive with the windows closed and go over bumpy roads to make sure there are no noises coming from the windows. Many MDX owners have these issues and so far Acura isn't do much about it. Especially the misaligned dash / door panels. They agree the gaps are too wide and off, but can't fix it. Makes the car look like it may of been in a crash and doors replaced and not aligned correctly. Other then that I kinda like my MDX.

Thanks for the MDX review guys. I had a 2001 MY so I was wondering if the new one is much better or not.

Let's stay on topic- how much do u think they will sell me your NSX for? :biggrin:

Thanks for the fun and useful MDX reviews! :wink:

Definitely not too many mid-size 7-passenger SUV's out on the market. The ML is only 5-passenger seating now, RX350 is 5-pass too along with the Cayenne. Only the X5 has 7-passenger seating along with the Lexus GX/LX and Mercedes GL now.

How do you guys compare those to the new MDX? Audi Q7?

We have 2 SUV's right now but will be looking to replace my tired ML maybe next year. I'm leaning on a Cayenne GTS or X5 but not sure right now.

Guess my question is the MDX that good?

Good choice on the MDX(s)! I have lots of customers who do the same thing you do. They've had several since its introduction in 2001. Every few years when the need/want arises for a new car, they just get another MDX. I have many customers who also own 2 at a time. Both spouses drive them. Not too big. Not too small.

I'll be honest. If money was not an issue, I'd have 2 of them in my garage right now as well. The new Advance or Advance Ent is the best version of the MDX so far. Everyone who has had an 07-09 and moved to the 10 swears that it's not just a mid model change. They insist that it's a completey different car. I tend to agree.

Steve,

I completely understand too, the 290 HP just doesn't do it anymore. I recently purchased a 2005 Ford GT or GT40 as some refer to it as and have watched the NSX collect dust in the garage since. Best of wishes for the future and keep those beautiful guns clean.

Steve,

I completely understand too, the 290 HP just doesn't do it anymore. I recently purchased a 2005 Ford GT or GT40 as some refer to it as and have watched the NSX collect dust in the garage since. Best of wishes for the future and keep those beautiful guns clean.

So when are you selling your NSX? I've ridden in Ford GT - a good friend has one - nice and it hauls ASS! However, I don't think I'd trade it for my NSX - well - unless he offered it.....:biggrin:

Back