• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1994 NSX cleaning - restoration at 182,546 miles (*This is what crazy looks like.*)

wow, what is wrong with you?

haha, keep up the good work

Wow, I'm surprised you don't have the car mounted on a rotisserie machine. :smile: The best option to clean the battery mount is to have it sand/bead/shell blasted and then you can decide how to refinish it.

I don't have a rotisserie...yet. :cool:

Awesome to see someone as crazy about cleaning as I am!!

Also mitch with that battery tray I bead blasted mine and it made a night and day difference.

Well, I had an interesting turn of events. I sent off the front and rear bumper support beams (the large black things) to get stripped down and repainted, and the body shop called me and said there was rust on the rear beam that when they started working on it parts of the beam just crumbled! YIKES! So now I have to get a new one of those, or find a mint condition used one. :(

Mitch,

Never heard back from you....did you want any of my parts?

Subscribed

Plan to get mine in the air this winter for a chassis clean too . . .

Other than elbow grease, what do you guys recommend for the suspension components, and equally as important, what do you apply after cleaning to protect please?

Great work, more pics soon

Regards, Paul

Mitch, you are nuckin futs.

o_o.gif

I am impressed!

Subscribed

Plan to get mine in the air this winter for a chassis clean too . . .

Other than elbow grease, what do you guys recommend for the suspension components, and equally as important, what do you apply after cleaning to protect please?

Great work, more pics soon

Regards, Paul

I used this: http://www.simplegreen.com/products_extreme_motor.php
Spray, let it sit for a few mins then scrub a little w/ a brush and rinse off.
Before:
IMAG0051.jpg

After:
IMAG0076.jpg

Last edited:
LMAO!
Many Thanx,

That's the result I'm looking to achieve ... I hope they'll ship overseas!

Do you use anything post cleaning to protect all your hard work?

Regards, Paul
I didn't put anything on afterwards, so right now its probably dirty. But I got the initial 16 years of caked on dirt off, so getting it to shine like that again will be as easy as cleaning a set of dusty rims. I would recommend getting a small wire brush, because certain parts had dirty that really didn't want to let come leave after 16 years.

Mitch, thanks for making the rest of us not seem so crazy after all.:biggrin:

Keep the pics coming.

Back