• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1994 NSX cleaning - restoration at 182,546 miles (*This is what crazy looks like.*)

This is just awesome. I do the same thing with my toy cars. Most people don't realize how dirty the underside gets and man does it make a difference. Look forward to an update.

ABSOLUTELY INSANE......................LY GOOD WORK!!!!!!! You sir inspire us all to do a major refresh on our much beloved NSXs. On the other end of the scale, I dread just popping off a few panels to replace the Main Relay, but I have to cause my car wont start. But other than that, I'm just happy driving it, and even more happy paying someone else to do all this work, like everything you did above.

I really enjoyed reading this thread. Thanks Mitch! I'll be putting my 91 BB on jack stands this week and cleaning the suspension parts, and for the sake of my marriage hopefully that's where it stops, haha.

Last edited:
Mitch, aren't you afraid that your shocks are going to go bad? All your axle and ball joint boots are not in their normal operating position, if it was my car I would at least remove the wheels so there is less weight pulling down on all those suspension components.

Mitch, aren't you afraid that your shocks are going to go bad? All your axle and ball joint boots are not in their normal operating position, if it was my car I would at least remove the wheels so there is less weight pulling down on all those suspension components.

Hello! Lots of times I take the wheels off when it is in the air for its cleaning. They just happened to be on when that last picture was taken.

I'm under the impression that downward force from wheels is insignificant compared to downward force from the springs.

I'm under the impression that downward force from wheels is insignificant compared to downward force from the springs.

This is true. The wheels pull down on the shock since the shock is the rebound limiter but this isn't an issue and doesn't wear them out. Also, the CV joints and ball joints can wear out if the car is driven with them at a crazy angle (like a ride height 5" taller than it should be) but sitting static its fine.

I am swapping the suspension anyway. I am almost at 200,000 miles and it is time for a re-fresh. My last shock and spring swap was around 100,000 miles ago, so I am guessing it is time.

Back