• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2013 Detroit Auto Show

We do know that the production model of the NSX will have a weight-saving aluminum body and a high revving 3.5L VTEC making more than 450 hp mated to a wet twin-clutch 7-speed transmission. It will be a hybrid with an electric motor driving the rear wheels and 2 independent electric motors spinning the front wheels.

Electric motor driving the rear wheels and a 7 speed transmission. LOL

Yay!! New wheels!!

Yep they llok pretty nice through the clear car cover too. I believe this car will be opened tomorrow as well as it has real door handles. If there is the slightest chance of hopping inside ..even with possible jail time I'm going for it:biggrin:

I still don't believe they are going to ever make a new NSX that I can go to a Acura dealer and actually buy. Sorry to be such a downer but I think they are jerking our chain.

I am working tonight and have to set my alarm to wake up tomorrow @ 10 am to see the unveiling

WingZ!! You killing me!! Too funny...

Before they haul you away, do let us know how your back-end feels in the seat of the car.

You all don't think the center tunnel/stack is too high? Good luck trying to get to the glovebox.

Mouse

Is that the controller right below the screen? If so, that is awfully close. Might as well be a touch screen at that point.

The Concept was Silver and the "alleged" production car looks Silver as well under the cover. Would that color have a red/black interior?

Poster Fibonacci @ AcuraZine is in Detroit - he scanned it from the Acura brochure they were handing out. This is not a pic of the car @ the show.

Last edited:
i think a red/black combo would go well with cars that are
- red
- black
- silver

im going to vote yes to red interior in the silver car tomorrow.

The Concept was Silver and the "alleged" production car looks Silver as well under the cover. Would that color have a red/black interior?

The interior photo is on facebook JDM Chicago page.

As for the target weight 3000lb weight, I actually believe it is achievable, or at least close to it. I recently pickup a used CRZ as my daily driver, and after doing some research on that car, I came to understand the IMA system a little more.

In many ways, the original NSX had some missed opportunities. The weight of the seat rails, headers, exhaust, mufflers, stereo, A/C were too much. Today, they have the technology to make things smaller and lighter. All that can offset the weight of the IMA package.

I was surprised the CRZ's 2700's weight with all steel body, the hood is super heavy. I don't understand why they didn't use aluminum for it like the S2k. The weight of IMA on the CRZ is rumored to be around 130 lbs. So with couple extra small motors and a slightly larger battery to power all three, I can't imagine the system will weight more than 250 extra lbs. That's basically the diet lost from normal NSX to NSX-R before touching the the lighter mods we all have done. Not to mention C32B is an over weight engine. From what I understand, Since the J35 is about 75 lbs lighter than the C32B, and with the new direct injection engine, it could be about the same weight as the J35 even with DHOC.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see; it will be interesting to see what Honda can do. I think they're really throwing all the eggs in that one basket.

Last edited:
Man it'll be so awesome if that center compartment is a cupholder! Such a superior location to my 1995. :biggrin:

It looks like the carrera gt and aventador center console, i like it now just have to wait 3 months to see it in person

Oh please oh please oh please let it have a new front end. Here's to hoping they told their designers to pack up their things.

WingZ!! You killing me!! Too funny...

Before they haul you away, do let us know how your back-end feels in the seat of the car.
LOL I'm actually concerned abot what might happen to my back end in jail!
Wow I wonder if that's from the Vegas dealer meeting
Hopefully they won't make the "silver" mistake twice:tongue:

The interior photo is on facebook JDM Chicago page.

As for the target weight 3000lb weight, I actually believe it is achievable, or at least close to it. I recently pickup a used CRZ as my daily driver, and after doing some research on that car, I came to understand the IMA system a little more.

In many ways, the original NSX had some missed opportunities. The weight of the seat rails, headers, exhaust, mufflers, stereo, A/C were too much. Today, they have the technology to make things smaller and lighter. All that can offset the weight of the IMA package.

I was surprised the CRZ's 2700's weight with all steel body, the hood is super heavy. I don't understand why they didn't use aluminum for it like the S2k. The weight of IMA on the CRZ is rumored to be around 130 lbs. So with couple extra small motors and a slightly larger battery to power all three, I can't imagine the system will weight more than 250 extra lbs. That's basically the diet lost from normal NSX to NSX-R before touching the the lighter mods we all have done. Not to mention C32B is an over weight engine. From what I understand, Since the J35 is about 75 lbs lighter than the C32B, and with the new direct injection engine, it could be about the same weight as the J35 even with DHOC.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see; it will be interesting to see what Honda can do. I think they're really throwing all the eggs in that one basket.

They won't be using the IMA tech Vance they will be using the new ED Earth Dreams hybrid motors which is much more efficient and hopefully lighter. Plus it would be awful if the new Vette has CF body panels and the NSX doesn't.

And to everyone on the thread before info comes out today. For those looking for Honda to beat the 458 so it's a history repeat we all have to remember Ferrari was making sh*t cars back then. Honda woke them up and now they're at the top of their game. The 458 is everything except fuel efficient. Heck it's even reliable daily driver from what I hear. Hondas angle will have to be performance with high fuel efficiency for the car to fit their corporate image.

Pretty much everyone was downsizing their engines for fuel efficiency at the auto-show. Here's hoping they give stats at the show in a few hours

Leak

Acura NSX Productoin Version Leaked?
4945655231734192325.jpg

2 photos of a possible production version of the Acura NSX have surfaced the Internet.

Looking slightly modified than the concept, the car in these pictures could be just an update and not the production model. What we know for sure is Acura will unveil in Detroit today at 10:40 AM EST "the next evolution of the NSX Concept", along with the 2014 MDX.

The Acura NSX is being developed by Honda R&D Americas and will be manufactured in the United States at a factor in central Ohio. A Honda spokesman mentioned last month it will cost more than the 2013 Nissan GT-R which in the U.S. begins at 97,820 USD.

It will enter the production phase in 2015 and will be "a technological marvel." Most likely it will feature a hybrid powertrain with a mid-engine layout and an AWD system.

Check back later today after the revised concept is launched at NAIAS.

Back