• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2nd Annual Bay Area NSXCA Picnic - 9/26/10 - Brisbane, CA

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Weather forecast in Brisbane for Sunday will be a high of 78 and a low of 60.

Updated list.

1) yojack - 2
2) Mike C
3) 02#154
4) NSX86
5) Dhalsim
6) iCEE
7) NSX168 - 2
8) Racer-ex
9) DansPlan
10) amgnsx - 2 (you're still on the list, so that means you have to come out and join us... don't be late :biggrin::biggrin: )
11) mickeylex + bosslady + bossbaby (baby won't eat much :p ) 1 chicken, 1 veggie
12) calexand (Chip)
13) RonNRaiders - 2
14) Sir Stunna Lot
15) WHZZBAD
16) silver-streak
17) Aaron
18) Rob
19) Raymond
20) ChopsJazz
21) deltacrew
22) Blurynsx (bringing my daughter too)
23) BHJ3 - Byron & Debbie from Fresno
24) EdinKali(maybe)
25) Asi
26) Charlie (maybe)
27) Aridon99 (maybe)
28) Mohammed
29) NSX86 (Gene)+1
30) REDNSXT (around noon)
31) sycosho
32) s4play
33) dtrigg (maybe)

Nice job Mike. I assume you have asked Brooks Motor Cars to pre-engrave your name on the People's Choice award...............

Ten to one says Mike dosen't even show up with that old silver piece of junk!

It needs a complete cosmetic overhaul and a paint job to boot if he wants to win this show! :wink:

Jack

Perfect weather, Perfect location, Perfect Day! :biggrin:

Special thanks to Jack, Yolanda, MikeC, and everyone else who made this possible. Kudos to Brooks Motorcars for the awesome hospitality!

I will have pictures posted in a bit as I just put my NSX away back in her lair...hehe

Good meeting you Raymond - never knew there was another red NSX in Milpitas!

Gene: Thanks for the heads up on the speed trap leaving 101 south...

Bill: Appreciate the camera lense tips :wink:

AWARDS this year included:

Best Engine: Rob (Sac member, repeat winner, who else!)
Best Paint: Lynn (Hotwheels Yellow NSX)

People's choice:

1st place: Jack/Yolanda's custom red 05 NSX
2nd place: Wesley's Blue 04 NSX
3rd place: Sung's rare Champion white 05 NSX-R

till next time fellas!
rick

This thread is useless without pics!

I spent the day helping a new NSXer sort out his window fix and a myriad of other problems. Sorry I missed the fun.

Last edited:
On behalf of our NSX community, we would like to thank Ted Warburton (Brisbane Harbormaster and NSX Owner) and especially Brooks Motor Cars (they generously sponsored the lunch and trophies) for the opportunity to have such a great event in such a gorgeous setting.

Thanks also for the support of the locals who attended and from those who drove a considerable distance (Sac guys and Byron & Debbie from Fresno).

It was a perfect 10 and a perfect day all the way around.:smile:

IMG_5411.jpg

IMG_5418.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5430.jpg

IMG_5432.jpg

IMG_5434.jpg

IMG_5437.jpg

IMG_5441.jpg

IMG_5443.jpg

IMG_5446.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

IMG_5452.jpg

IMG_5468.jpg

IMG_5458.jpg

IMG_5477.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

IMG_5476.jpg

IMG_5484.jpg

IMG_5490.jpg

IMG_5491.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

IMG_5498.jpg

IMG_5505.jpg

IMG_5511.jpg

IMG_5514.jpg

IMG_5516.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5521.jpg

IMG_5527.jpg

IMG_5532.jpg

IMG_5541.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg

Last edited:
As promised here's my set of pictures:

Let's start off with Jack/Yolanda's ride (my favorite car there)
IMG_3788.jpg

A striking color contrast with Ron's Imola vs. Wesley's Blue NSX
IMG_3791.jpg

IMG_3793.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

How did this Porsche get into the loT! haha
IMG_3790.jpg

Roger's (Dhalsim) ride that got him the speeding ticket:
IMG_3792.jpg

Danny's (blurynsx) green monster:
IMG_3795.jpg

My ride getting a nice view:
IMG_3799.jpg

Raymond's sweet red nsx on Work Meister s2r's:
IMG_3802.jpg

Sung's Champion white on right, Gene's GPW widebody on left:
IMG_3806.jpg

Good representation of rare colors:
IMG_3808.jpg

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

NSX's by da bay:
IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

Some cool parting shots:
IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3807.jpg

great shots, I hope everyone else I saw running around with some nice camera's posts theirs too. I had a wonderful time, Thanks again to Brooks! they are a real class act.. Jack, Yolanda, Mike as always the best people I have ever met in organizing these type of events we are blessed to have them!

big up to all the winners. such a beautiful collection of cars we had judging wasn't easy at all lol.

I also would like to give thanks to the following people:

Ted aka "HarborMaster" - The weather was perfect and to have a view of the City was definitely a bonus. I would certainly like to hold another event at the Brisbane Marina in the near future.

Brooks Motor Cars - For sponsoring this event by providing a catered lunch and trophies/plaques. IMHO, I thought the sandwiches, pasta, salad and desert were great. Discussions have already started to do another event next year.

As always, thanks to Yolanda for everything, its because of her all the NSXCA Bay Area events are a success!

Congrats to all the winners from the Peoples Choice Car Show.

Thanks to Nalesh for the one write in vote for my NSX, I'm kinda disappointed I didn't receive more :rolleyes: :wink: :biggrin:

Thanks to everyone who attended, I hope you had a great time... I know I did...

Mike

I'd like to start off by thanking Brooks Motorcars for providing the food and awards. I know that there are a few dedicated customers among our Bay Area NSX community and their work is always outstanding. I'm also a customer and I applaud them for giving back to us. THANKS!

I also want to thank Harbormaster (Ted) for providing us with the special access to the shoreline location that we had. It was a great location with views, tables and constant shade if you wanted it.

Next I'd like to also thank the Bay Area Chapter officers (Mike, Chuck, Yolanda) for having the forethought and dedication to provide us with a wonderful event. The day went off without a hitch and I think I speak for all the attendees that it was a great last event of the summer (I know, I know... summer's officially over but you'd never have known it from the weather that day). I hang out with them frequently and I don't think many people realize how much thought and time they put into the planning and logistics of the events they put together for the club. Locations and sponsors like from this event don't happen on accident. Sometimes people ask what you get out of being a member of the NSXCA and I think that this is a perfect example of the benefits of membership.

Last, I'd like to say what a great time I had. I can't wait for the next one, which I think will be the Christmas dinner. Look for an announcement soon. I know the planning has begun! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

J

Yes, a very well planned event that came off beautifully. Congratulations and much thanks to Yolanda, Jack, Mike, and everyone else involved.

Here are the rest of our pics! :wink:
IMG_5420.jpg

IMG_5422.jpg

IMG_5433.jpg

IMG_5436.jpg

IMG_5440.jpg

IMG_5438.jpg

IMG_5439.jpg

IMG_5442.jpg

IMG_5445.jpg

IMG_5444.jpg

IMG_5448.jpg

IMG_5451.jpg

IMG_5457.jpg

IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_5454.jpg

IMG_5455.jpg

IMG_5456.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg

IMG_5460.jpg

IMG_5461.jpg

IMG_5462.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5467.jpg

IMG_5478.jpg

IMG_5482.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/yojack1
[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/yojack1/NSX%20Picnic%20September%202010/IMG_5480.jpg
IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5490-1.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg

IMG_5497.jpg

IMG_5499.jpg

IMG_5504.jpg

IMG_5508.jpg

IMG_5512.jpg

IMG_5518-1.jpg

IMG_5525.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5534.jpg

IMG_5533.jpg

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg

IMG_5545.jpg

I drove by. Saw some people I recognized so I kept going.

Doug

Seriously, sorry I missed it. Looks like you folks had a wonderful time.

Some of you who attended the 2nd Annual Bay Area NSXCA Picnic may have noticed several of my friends taking pictures of Sundays festivities. One of the photographers is Bordon Chin a very good friend of mine.

Below is a link to his website.

www.aspectphotography.com

Go to "Proofing" and use nsx as the password. I think you will find some very nice pics that Bordon took that day.

Mike

It was a perfect event in a perfect location. Those of us who drove down from Sacramento had a great time and want to say thank you to everyone who made the event possible.

I'd like to thank Brooks Motorcars for sponsoring the event. They really care about their customers and it shows when they host events like these. I've had work done at BMC in the past and although I live almost two hours away now, I'm a customer for life because of the quality of their workmanship and their dedication to their customers.

Thank you to Ted for making the logistics for the the Marina location perfect.

Thank you to the photographers who took time out from the picnic to shoot the awesome shots. Thanks to Jack, Rick and others. The only thing I'm bummed about is not seeing more pics of that awesome BMW e39 Touring parked on the lawn. :tongue:

Last but not least, I'd like to thank the Bay Area Chapter officers for all of the work they put into organizing and coordinating the event. It was awesome because you made it awesome!

Also, like James said, ever wonder what you get for being a paid member? You get the benefit of all of the hard work your Officers (who are volunteers) do for you. If you haven't paid for membership and attended this event, please consider joining NSXCA.

Looking forward to next year. Let's make the Spring Fling in Sacramento and the Fall Fun Picnic in the Bay annual events where our Chapters get together.

Last edited:
Some of you who attended the 2nd Annual Bay Area NSXCA Picnic may have noticed several of my friends taking pictures of Sundays festivities. One of the photographers is Bordon Chin a very good friend of mine.

Below is a link to his website.

www.aspectphotography.com

Go to "Proofing" and use nsx as the password. I think you will find some very nice pics that Bordon took that day.

Mike

there is some wonderful shots everyone should really take the time to check em out..how can I get the ones with my car for my records :p

there is some wonderful shots everyone should really take the time to check em out..how can I get the ones with my car for my records :p

Hey Danny, Your right my friend Bordon did take some great shots, I hope to have something for everyone who attended in the next couple of weeks.

Mike

sorry you didn't but I needed a break from GTO and FD talks.... lmao j/k batmans, it was a great event make it a priority next year!

Talks?

I took it to the next level and voila the last meet I was at involved NSX and rotary.

Last edited:
Back