• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 honda nsx Type S

I have to say that you guys are bad. Really really bad. You know how to push buttons. The guy has a nsr right hand drive. It did come from japan and if its a type s or not, but it seems like this went to the point on him importing it from japan. Yes he did and how he did it is his buss. Thats what he wants to do is import cars and for him to do it involves alot of work and money.

People are saying you cant import it. All i have to say to those who dont belive him and own a nsx.
"if you have your self or know of someone who has a crap load of money, that wants a nsx-r or a jdm nsx"

then you deff. Dont know how to use it. You either dont have the connections or lazy to do the research or cheap as hell.

My brother-inlaw is located in jacksonville florida and ownes a import and export bussiness. When ever i visited them there evry year i ended up helping him out for a week that i was there.

We export new and used vehicles to poland and russia. Thats were the people have the money to spend. Multi millionaires and are not affraid to spend money.

We exported in last fall 26 brand new subaru suv's straight from the dealer with all papers done and legit. The buyer there paid double for the suv's and resold them there for 3x more.

If you want a nsx type-s or a nsx-r and would like one i can even get one for you or ryan can. Its just time and money. Container gets loaded and out it goes. 2-3 months till it hits the us borders an then you pay importing/exporting taxes and fees. But the car needs to be paid for before any of this happens.

So belive it or not it can be done but like it was said before if the feds find out it can be taken unless you 100% complete and register your car or bike.

If you want one it can be done but its alot of money. Its easier to import a car if you pay someone there to strip it and put it in boxes and then ship the chassy out and boxes and you put it together. Theres not as much import fees or taxes like that and it will arrive sooner. Thats what they did with used vehicles with my brother-inlaw. He stripped them apart and labeled them and put the chassy in the container with the parts. But you are paying someone for the car, labor and import fees and paper work.

Yes it can be done and yes his car is from japan. You guys are acting like kids arguing whos brother can kick whos other brothes but. Grow up and give the kid some props. I seen the car and its very nice. I like it. I would get one but its alot of money. I rather use it on my house and my family. But i dont have money to piss away like many people do. Ryan doesent either but he managed. We talked about getting nsx's when he had his civic and i had my crx. And we both got them. Give the kid some respect and props. I think everyone should get one who owns a nsx. I think its the nest made car on earth. Thats just me.

:confused:

OP made a highly unusual claim, his writing skills were consistent with a kid playing a joke, we asked for some evidence, there was some ribbing (but no hostility that I detected) before it arrived, he presented the evidence, all who doubted stood corrected, proper credit was given, end of story.

Not sure how that chain of events warrants a lecture by a newbie.

Now, I need to go about finding a 95 NSX-R...:biggrin:

thanks anatoly for being there to every one else it was hard for me to get the car but now ive done it i see where it can be easier. on the hole nsxR thing i can get them here its going to take money, and im currently saving for it ive actually thought about sellin mine so i can get more cash up but im not sure yet im falling in love with it.

thanks anatoly for being there to every one else it was hard for me to get the car but now ive done it i see where it can be easier. on the hole nsxR thing i can get them here its going to take money, and im currently saving for it ive actually thought about sellin mine so i can get more cash up but im not sure yet im falling in love with it.

If you can get them here I don't think you have to worry about money. There are several people here who would pay whatever it takes within reason and are very motivated if a loophole is available. I'm sure you'd be well compensated for your efforts and would be elevated to hero status in the NSX community.

You ran the NSX Prime gauntlet and survived. You sound like you appreciate all aspects of the NSX and have a fairly open mind so I think you'll find Prime is a great place to be and will be a great resource for you as it is for all of us. Sure, we can be a little tough some times but I think in time you'll appreciate that it screens out many of the jokers and trolls helping to keep Prime a mature, resourceful and knowledgable place.

As far as your car--it's very nice and tastefully done. Upon further review any ricer comments I may have made were unwarranted. It may not be a Type-S but it is very special and appears to be a fine example. Hopefully you can help some other Primers who know the value of such cars obtain them.

I want more pictures of this car, particularly the interior. :smile:

I concur -- and not for any evidenciary purpose, just for the drool factor. As one of the few (only?) RHD NSXen in North America, it warrants a full-blown photo shoot.

A friend of my of 20 years recently came to visit me from Okinawa, he is in the air force.

He drivers a R33 Skyline there and was telling me when he is transfer back to the state, he can bring the skyline back, but there is a cost of about $8 grand to get it certified. I told him to do it because it is a rare car and if he ever want to get out of it, he wouldn't loose any money on it.

So if he can bring back that car, I don't see why people can't bring back a RHD NSX.

Another story. A guy recently open a used car office two suits down from me, I ask him about bring the RHD car in from Japan, he said it is really not a problem. He can get it done for me if I ever want to do it, it's just matter of money.

I think no one brought in a RHD NSX is because no one tried, or tried hard.
The only NSX that are worth of importing are the Type R and no one wants to drop $80 grand (NA1) and $150 grand (NA2) and deal with the headaches. For that kind of money for NA2, just get a Ferrari.

One of my customer from two years ago told me he saw a NA2 Type R in Irvine California driven by an Asian guy. RHD. When ask about the car, he said the vehicle was first imported into Mexico, and brought through the boarder. I can't really call him on this one because he never lied to me in the past.

It can be done, you just need to know how.

Not trying to hijack here, but just wondering. He has a legit NY title. He sells it to me in CA. Does the state of California have the authority to not register it even with a valid NY title? Can they say the car is not legal, blah, blah, blah, or do they have to accept it since it has a valid title from North America (USA actually)?

Nice ride BTW!

ive sold a few skylines now and all the other states have accepted it with no problems so i dont see any problems

Attachments

• nsx in 4.jpg
    nsx in 4.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 779
  • nsx in 3.jpg
    nsx in 3.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 342
  • nsx in 2.jpg
    nsx in 2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 305
  • nsx in 1.jpg
    nsx in 1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 319
I find it very odd how people are now being buddy buddy with the guy yet were and some are still insulting his intelligence.... I don't understand that... Either way congrats on getting a RHD NSX into the states. Looks beautiful and I'm very envious of you :). Just like you, the NSX is one of my dream cars ;).

For some reason I felt like based off your first post it didn't seem like you were lieing. I know tons of people like yourself who are laid back and I think that cool because I'm kind of like that too. I just think people here on prime are too snobby when it come to anything NSX related and also with the crowd they are in. Either way best of luck and maybe see you in the next year or so when I finally can pick up an NSX and attend a Northeast NSX event :).

There's a difference between "legal" and "close enough that no one is probably going to notice".

If he ran into a real hard ass, and that car is not on the list of legal cars to be imported here, off it goes to the impound yard....but the chances of that are about zero now.

I doubt anyone would take the time to even look up the legality of this car.... usually once you get it in, whoever is inquiring figures it must be legit.

*If you get caught up in customs while trying to get it over it's a different story.*

I've had buddies have headlights destroyed because they were JDM and not DOT approved. All depends on who your run into and what sort of mood they're in.

There's a difference between "legal" and "close enough that no one is probably going to notice".

If he ran into a real hard ass, and that car is not on the list of legal cars to be imported here, off it goes to the impound yard....but the chances of that are about zero now.

I doubt anyone would take the time to even look up the legality of this car.... usually once you get it in, whoever is inquiring figures it must be legit.

*If you get caught up in customs while trying to get it over it's a different story.*

I've had buddies have headlights destroyed because they were JDM and not DOT approved. All depends on who your run into and what sort of mood they're in.

I agree however I warn others that this isn't cut and dry and definately risky...

People are free to take the risk but should be aware of the consequences.

I agree however I warn others that this isn't cut and dry and definately risky...

People are free to take the risk but should be aware of the consequences.

Well, definitely.

Something tells me a 1992 stock NSX as above is a heck of a lot easier than perhaps a 2004 NSX -R to get over here right now.

The OP basically bought a nice 1992 NSX with the steering wheel on the wrong side. Not my cup of tea, but if you're into that sorta thing, it's a real win.

Obviously he works in the right department to "make things happen". I wouldn't doubt if this car spent time in Canada first, and then came over. But again, just thoughts on how I'd get it done.

I know there were issues with R34 Skylines... some people lost some big $$$'s and some people got cars through and others stole from groups one and two.

Personally, it's not something I'd risk, but if you know the right people, you can get it done. Just make sure there's no car nut police officer in your neighborhood who will turn you in. :)

(and technically we still haven't seen NYS inspection tabs or registration that this car is registered here. Could just be on loan from Canada ;) ;) ;) )

Last edited:
Well, definitely.

Something tells me a 1992 stock NSX as above is a heck of a lot easier than perhaps a 2004 NSX -R to get over here right now.

The OP basically bought a nice 1992 NSX with the steering wheel on the wrong side. Not my cup of tea, but if you're into that sorta thing, it's a real win.

Obviously he works in the right department to "make things happen". I wouldn't doubt if this car spent time in Canada first, and then came over. But again, just thoughts on how I'd get it done.

I know there were issues with R34 Skylines... some people lost some big $$$'s and some people got cars through and others stole from groups one and two.

Personally, it's not something I'd risk, but if you know the right people, you can get it done. Just make sure there's no car nut police officer in your neighborhood who will turn you in. :)

(and technically we still haven't seen NYS inspection tabs or registration that this car is registered here. Could just be on loan from Canada ;) ;) ;) )

Is that the temporary sticker in the window ???
attachment.php

^ I disagree with your post completely...I don't think people truly understand how risky this is. Prove me wrong and I'll happily eat my own words but I still debate the legality of bringing in the car is its not clear cut as per these links:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/basic_trade/importing_car.xml

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/elig050108.pdf

Like I said in my prior post I don't see the NSX on this list.

worst case senario you MADE it right hand drive also i daily drive it. just to prove to you that its not on lone im goin to get it inspected tommorrow.. also it really isnt risky due to the fact that they produce the car here. with the skylines is harder, there is no skyline here or like a mitshubishy FTO cant get it here or like a toyota caviler cant get them but; on the other hand take a civic or integra or a supra they are produced here so its easier. if you really want one like i did then youll get one but for the "play it safe" guys then you shouldent even be driven a nsx isnt that risky should be in a mini van or something.

worst case senario you MADE it right hand drive also i daily drive it. just to prove to you that its not on lone im goin to get it inspected tommorrow.. also it really isnt risky due to the fact that they produce the car here. with the skylines is harder, there is no skyline here or like a mitshubishy FTO cant get it here or like a toyota caviler cant get them but; on the other hand take a civic or integra or a supra they are produced here so its easier. if you really want one like i did then youll get one but for the "play it safe" guys then you shouldent even be driven a nsx isnt that risky should be in a mini van or something.

Yeah us play it safe guys who do and have owned NSX's should stick to minivans...classic.

I agree... you're not going to get much attention (if any) for having this car here. I doubt anyone would even take a second look.... You'd have to run into a real hard ass to get in trouble... as for "I just switched it to the right side", I believe the VIN would thwart that argument if someone was really trying to get on your case.

As for "playing it safe", when you're ready to plop $100k+ on a 2004 Type R, you come tell me how cavalier you're going to be with your money. :rolleyes:

Make sure that when you're ready to get your own Type R, you consult some people... wouldn't want to end up with another type S! :)

Last edited:
like i said the type s thing i dont care about and every one even thought i was lieing about having the car. but i proved everyone that doughted wrong. so what makes you think that i cant/wont get an nsxR.

like i said the type s thing i dont care about and every one even thought i was lieing about having the car. but i proved everyone that doughted wrong. so what makes you think that i cant/wont get an nsxR.

I think you can, never said you couldn't. Especially in the position you're in...

... but I also think you run a greater risk of getting it taken away or stuck in customs.... especially a newer one.

BTW- I know you "don't care about it not being a Type S", but that's a pretty major mistake. It's still a sweet car of course, but I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

I'm thinking about getting a suv, is that close to a minivan?
Play it safe, You should see me ride my chopper with that big rear 330 tyre.
A guy pulled up beside me yesterday, when he caught up to me...., and said I looked like a pimp daddy riding that pig.
So, not all of us play it safe.
JetPilot3 shipped a car to Dubai! Thats just wacked!!!!
Lots of us bought shit from Tamoski! That's more than wacked!!!!!
lol
Just horsing around.
I can't imagine driving from the wrong side.
Trev
p.s. If the Usa won't allow it, we'll take it up here in Alberta. Cash and Oil flows here freely!

Back