• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 honda nsx Type S

Looking at your gauges, the car looks like it's in MPH not KPH anymore. Is that part of the process of getting it in here?

How many things do you need to switch? The thought of me ordering a type R and having it end up in ffffanman's hands is unbearable! :D

Last edited:
There's a man that knows I bounce my engine off the rev limiter more than 4 times a day! Morning, Lunch, Dinner and Snackypoo Time!
Trev

There's a man that knows I bounce my engine off the rev limiter more than 4 times a day! Morning, Lunch, Dinner and Snackypoo Time!
Trev

There's no "snackypoo time" in the Type R Trev!

This is exactly what I'm talking about.
:smile:

Looking at your gauges, the car looks like it's in MPH not KPH anymore. Is that part of the process of getting it in here?

How many things do you need to switch? The thought of me ordering a type R and having it end up in ffffanman's hands is unbearable! :D

there in killometers still never switched the vtec conttroller covers it up. and i wasnt tryin to be mean about the risk factor just tryin to state that i dont think there any reward in playing it safe my belief.

there in killometers still never switched the vtec conttroller covers it up. and i wasnt tryin to be mean about the risk factor just tryin to state that i dont think there any reward in playing it safe my belief.

I know what you meant....but I think for a lot of us the idea of spending $80,000 - $150,000 for an NSX-R (depending on the year of the car) and possibly having it seized by customs and losing all that money is just not something that sits well, or seems like a good idea. Now, that said, if I was like you and worked directly for a department that could get the car into the U.S. legally, that would be totally different, because the risk would be much less. Either way, it is awesome that you managed to get this car in, and I hope you get to keep it for a long time. I would be careful about how much exposure you get on the car though, because if it ended up in too many magazines it may draw the attention of some customs agent hungry for a promotion, if you know what I mean. :cool:

We have a place in Canada and I have been tossing around the idea of getting a 1994 NSX-R and just registering it in Ontario since it meets the 15 year guideline. That way I could always bring it to the United States 'just to visit'.....legally. ;) :D

anatoly............thats some strong coffea you are drinking this father's day:eek:

lol i didnt know that you were a 100% correct on your spelling and you were the founder of the english. Also i didnt know you were the founder of prime. Weren't we all newbie's at one point or the other. Seems like you came a long way on prime and got your head up way too high bro.

Does one need to be an English professor to point out that someone's writing skills are consistent with a child's? So apparently one must do something perfectly before they can criticize others but since no one is perfect are you suggesting that no one can ever criticize anyone or point out a particular deficiency in any area?

Besides, you are missing the point. The poor writing skills were just one of a series of red flags that decreased the likelihood that the OP was legit. I never focused on that particular fact nor does that fact alone prove anything.

And no, a newbie's place isn't to start lecturing long-standing members about a poster's credibilty. If there had been some hostility perhaps but I detected none at any point. If anything hostility was coming from you and the OP. Do you really think this would have been the first time some kid has come on Prime making unusual claims and screwing around with us?

I'm not sure why you are continuing this punitive posting crusade but we're way past that. The OP met the burden of proof a long time ago and we all stood corrected. That's it. Let's get on with the topic.

Hey, just wanted to give some props to Ryan for coming all the way across town to let me check out his car!

Anyway, its an awesome car and i really appreciate the ride dude!

I'll see ya around syracuse sometime, I ended up going to my brothers show tonight, so i couldn't come hang out- but I'll be around next time!

Thanks Again!
Tim

and a pic to boot!

web.jpg

I guess the dream is over?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126335

$55,000 is alot of money for this car when really nice 05's can be had. Maybe the seller is looking to bring in that elusive Type R.

Anatoly - when I posted before regarding the admissibility links you must understand that its not about whether or not a Type S, Regular NSX, or Type R from Japan are designated - ALL OF THEM ARE NOT ADMISSIBLE.

So however this car got into the U.S. is still a concern for me and potentially many "high rollers"...

Last edited:
So, i don't want to read the whole thing again and been called names again etc but I have a question, this is just a regular 92 NA1 that happens to be with the drivers side on the wrong side right? that's it, right? no "TYPE-S" right? so, why is been advertised as "TYPE-S" ? isn't that misrepresenting the item? .... isn't that considered somehow "lying" ?

Is nothing wrong to sell it after 2 months 2 years w/e ... just conflicts my mind that we all acknowledged the OP that this wasn't a TYPE-S and he was "oh, that suck, but oh well" but now the car is been advertised as type-S ... on top of that 55K ? and on Prime? lol ...

Oscar

I think this NSX is a neat car to see in the US, but that's about all it is. I'd never own and try to drive a RHD car on a roadway system designed for LHD. I've done it before and it's a PITA. You can't see around curves when you are sitting on the inside of the lane instead of close to the double yellow in a LHD vehicle. And paying for tolls and parking isn't fun either.

I'm sure I'd enjoy looking at it when someone else is the owner, but for $55k there are a lot of other cars that I'd rather own and be able to drive with good visibility.

I'm sure I'd enjoy looking at it when someone else is the owner, but for $55k there are a lot of other cars that I'd rather own and be able to drive with good visibility.

Indeed. For that money, you could either buy this RHD NSX (which despite the OP's ad is *not* a Type S); or buy a regular LHD NSX with a guaranteed clean title + a CTSC + $10K in your pocket.

I actualy sat in this car at the glen and boy is it odd,I did not drive it.Lol about the tolls.....sol without easypass or a passenger.

So, i don't want to read the whole thing again and been called names again etc but I have a question, this is just a regular 92 NA1 that happens to be with the drivers side on the wrong side right? that's it, right? no "TYPE-S" right? so, why is been advertised as "TYPE-S" ? isn't that misrepresenting the item? .... isn't that considered somehow "lying" ?

Is nothing wrong to sell it after 2 months 2 years w/e ... just conflicts my mind that we all acknowledged the OP that this wasn't a TYPE-S and he was "oh, that suck, but oh well" but now the car is been advertised as type-S ... on top of that 55K ? and on Prime? lol ...

Oscar

Whoa, I did not see this ad Ryan has selling this car in the for sale forum. This car isn't a Type-S, he knows it and he should remove that from the ad.

Not that anyone couldn't figure out that a 92 can't be a Type-S but I think a moderator should step in on this one...come on now Ryan.

i dont think any one would be able to afford it. I first would like to know whats the most someone would pay for one. It would totaly cost about 175,000.00 to get one here. Would someone pay that much? Or pay 91,000.00 for a skyline gt-r. Just attended a car show in albany and there was a kid with a skyline gtr. Very nice looking. I fell in love with it. Just the body style and the whole car in general. He paid 91k for the car. And had a porsha r-turbo. Kid was 21 years old.

There were several people willing to pay probably somewhere in the $150,000 range all said and done for a NA2 Type-R a few years ago. Type-S/S-Zero would be less desirable since it basically has a North American equivalent. There will probably never be one of those imported to the US.

If an R32 Skyline was absolutely cherry I could see maybe $90K for it.

that is an awesome car. as for the cars they dont produce, any car is hard to import. Esp in cali. It isn't a matter of do they produce nsx's here, it is are the they legal. Smog is a factor in cali. A friend of mine has a R33, sick car, and the only way he has it is it's registered in another state cause he screwed in cali. Fed can't take it cause it was legal done from motorex, a conversion place out here, but I would still worry driving a rhd car as IF you get pulled over, there isn't a single car in america rhd, with mail trucks and garbage trucks being exceptions, but no lambos or nsx's are made that way. I wanted to import an rx7 and the only years I could were 93-95 possibly cause they were sold here then, but no supra's at all on the list to be legally imported. People can build "kit" cars that are the real deal, but are torn down and the motor and tranny shipped seperately. These people wait at the dmv every year for the chance to get the kit car title as only 500 are given i think the number is each year.

Thats great you have the car, truely a keeper and is probably the rarest nsx around. But importing is not that easy as most will say. If you fudge the words around and get through the loop holes, then sure it may work....like importing a car to canada and driving a nsx-r across the border but debadgeing it to just say nsx and calling it a nsx. Not sure if it worth the risk. I did hear of one guy doing this, he might never admit but he did debadge his nsx-r and brought it here as a nsx. You have to be rich to gamble a 90,000 dollar car at customes. Sadly, im not that rich......but am never the less happy that I own a nsx. I love this car!!

Last edited:
hold this has gone to far. first of motorx was not a "conversion place out here" i actually know a few of those guys. the reason for the skylines to be leagel is that they crash tested an R33 and told the goverment that the R32,R33,and R34s where all the same chasis which isnt true they found out and started to find out. but anyways thats neither here or there.

im on ebay there is multiple pics like i think 5 heres the item number #110432805102. im not tryin to scam any one first i bought it for 47k after all taxes and shippin then i had to get a us title that took 2900 bucks. then my time and effort i thought i should get paid alittle.

third, i sold the arc box because i was going to originally go turbo. and the fujistubo exhaust wasnt there to begin with it was 5zigin and all i did was change the tips.

next whats wrong with the condition in a nother section of this forum there was a thread bout the condition of my car a.k.a. they said it was ruff ill find it in a sec....

well like i said im not tryin to scam any one heres the story. anatoly knows a little about it im 26 and i put every dime that i saved for 4 years for the car of my dreams and to prove a few people wrong that i would actually get the car. anyways i have recently been devorced and i have to sell the car so i can get back on my feet. also my father has become ill and he cant take car of himself some im goin to have to. so i know the price was high but i also said make offers and at this point i need some where in the area of 38 thousand for my dads hopital bills and to make sure i keep my apartment.

and this is designated to "nsxftw" your quote was "there isn't a single car in america rhd, with mail trucks and garbage trucks being exceptions" i can give you so many pics or even forums of plenty hundreds maybe thousands of right hand drive cars in the US heres 5 or so there all friends of mine lets see there skylines, supras, preludes oh my civic, my nsx i can go all day. theres more in the begining of this thread

Attachments

• rhd1.jpg
    rhd1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 111
  • rhd7.jpg
    rhd7.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 94
  • rhd 2.jpg
    rhd 2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 101
  • rhd 3.jpg
    rhd 3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 102
  • rhd 6.jpg
    rhd 6.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 94
To nsxtypes:

Don't know anything about your business, but I'm sorry to hear about your family. Times can be tough and giving up the material things you have worked long and hard for in order to take care of family is hands down the best choice to make. There will, and can always be, another NSX in the future, however family is irreplaceable. I admit your car looks very nice and if my car looked half as good as yours, I'd be pretty darn happy. I wish you the best on your sale and that your father gets better as well.

Best Regards,

JC

hold this has gone to far. first of motorx was not a "conversion place out here" i actually know a few of those guys. the reason for the skylines to be leagel is that they crash tested an R33 and told the goverment that the R32,R33,and R34s where all the same chasis which isnt true they found out and started to find out. but anyways thats neither here or there.

im on ebay there is multiple pics like i think 5 heres the item number #110432805102. im not tryin to scam any one first i bought it for 47k after all taxes and shippin then i had to get a us title that took 2900 bucks. then my time and effort i thought i should get paid alittle.

third, i sold the arc box because i was going to originally go turbo. and the fujistubo exhaust wasnt there to begin with it was 5zigin and all i did was change the tips.

next whats wrong with the condition in a nother section of this forum there was a thread bout the condition of my car a.k.a. they said it was ruff ill find it in a sec....

well like i said im not tryin to scam any one heres the story. anatoly knows a little about it im 26 and i put every dime that i saved for 4 years for the car of my dreams and to prove a few people wrong that i would actually get the car. anyways i have recently been devorced and i have to sell the car so i can get back on my feet. also my father has become ill and he cant take car of himself some im goin to have to. so i know the price was high but i also said make offers and at this point i need some where in the area of 38 thousand for my dads hopital bills and to make sure i keep my apartment.

and this is designated to "nsxftw" your quote was "there isn't a single car in america rhd, with mail trucks and garbage trucks being exceptions" i can give you so many pics or even forums of plenty hundreds maybe thousands of right hand drive cars in the US heres 5 or so there all friends of mine lets see there skylines, supras, preludes oh my civic, my nsx i can go all day. theres more in the begining of this thread

The only issue I see is that you're advertising the car as a Type-S and it is not. You should remove that statement from your listings.

+2...if this is not a true Type S car then you deserve to be spanked on this site. Re-post as a clone or something like that. I have no sympathy for you. I am certainly sympathetic to the cause for the sale, but don't pass that on to a prospective buyer by saying the car is a Type S when it is not. Regards....Andrew

Back