• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura Nose badge

The red looks very nice, thank you for posting, decisions decisions...

Regarding yellow and red ... they seem to have gone well together for Ferrari for a few years now....;)

Re: Re: Totally Honda

nsxtasy said:
And Hong Kong, I believe.

Once again, Mr. 10000+ posts' information is correct.

Latest news though, Acura is going to be discontinued in Hong Kong very soon as they only get to sell a few cars per month. That's what will happen when there are two exact same cars with different badges and price (Honda Integra, Acura RSX), of course the majority will go for the cheaper one. I don't blame the US for not allowing certain imports.

One other thing I've noticed. That is, Lexus owners are not patriotic to Toyota as Acura owners are with Honda. Most Acura buyers are proud that their cars are actually Hondas while the Lexus crowd doesn't want to be associated with the word "Toyota" in anyway. Of course there are exceptions in all general statements, some IS owners do slap on Toyota badges and Altezza logos as the GS slap on Aristo logos.

Red & Yellow.......hrmmmm.......reminds me of something......hrmmmm............

Oh yes.......here it is:

_36475877_ketchup150.jpg

82747.gif

:D

Gives me an idea, maybe I'll just get the Golden arches, Heinz and French's labels combined on one large enamel emblem ...won't have to consider Acura vs. Honda badge... and perhaps I can get paid as a moving advertisment...:D

I wish the air bag cover and wheel centers said "NSX" not ACURA or HONDA and maybe a unique (only for the NSX) front emblen or badge. JMHO

putting a honda badge cheapens the acura brand name?, thanks for the laugh..........no really............:rolleyes:

nsxtasy: you must have artistic blood in you. ;) I pray they with questionable taste listen to you ;)

i dislikes badges altogether, they 'cheapen' the product.:rolleyes:

sarcastically yours ;)

ajnsx said:
putting a honda badge cheapens the acura brand name?, thanks for the laugh..........no really............:rolleyes:

I think you misread me, I never said "putting a honda badge cheapens the acura brand name" All I tried to say was making something as fine as the Acura NSX anything else then what it was supposed to be, cheapens it.....IMHO, It's a fake, if it isn't really what it is....Does that make sense???:D

What doesn't make sense is that everyone ignored my joke about the Ford Vanquish. I'm feeling hurt. :(

;)

i get what your saying, see the irony in your statement, put a honda badge on something that is not a honda? But it IS a honda everwhere else in the world (except maybe hk)

I find whacking on an acura badge 'cheapens' the mighty fine Honda nsx.
Lets put on badge 'a' to justify the cost of this marque, so people will feel better about their purchase whilst driving past those 'lesser' honda owners?

Marketing companies have to change a brand name (ie.honda) by creating a 'fake' marque (acura) to appeal to brand-x-sensitive public?

its relative to where you live, not all nsx owners are american.

It happens with a lot of brand-name products in every country i know, but im making a point ;)

Ps. all said in a light hearted manner :) :)

Re: Re: Totally Honda

nsxtasy said:
Then I guess you might also own a General Motors Corvette, a Fiat 360 Modena, a Ford Vanquish, a Volkswagen Diablo, etc. :eek:

In the States, it might be tough to find one of those ultra-rare Fiat badges to replace the prancing horse on your 550 Maranello. I guess you would have to go to one of those shops specializing in IDM items for the pasta boys. :D

LMAO, nsxtasy:D

And you made a great point also!!!

BTW....

I think I might throw on a BMW badge on my Bently:D

ajnsx said:
ford vanquish hehe good one nsxtasy;) (hows that?;))
ps i dont know what a ford vanquish is!

Uh... thanks.

The Vanquish is a model sold by Aston Martin, a formerly British company which is now a subsidiary of the Ford Motor Company. The list price is $235,610.

Originally posted by SoCalNSX
I think I might throw on a BMW badge on my Bently

At least BMW is a luxury marque.

I left out a few, like the Volkswagen Phantom ($324,000), etc.

EDIT: Wait! Wait! It's the BMW Phantom, and the Volkswagen Bentley! How could I possibly confuse the two? ;) (Thanks, j14nsx!)

Last edited:
I posted that before: I really do not think that the Acura-Honda link is the same as the FIAT-Ferrari or Aston-Ford, ... sorry Ken.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6891&highlight=ferrari+fiat

Nowhere in the world Ferrari are sold as Fiat or viceversa. They re two complete separate company. Completely.

Marketing, R&D, Management, sales, dealerships, ...

As a small (important) example, durimg the FIAT collapse that has been avoided some months ago, a possible scenario would have seen GM take over FIAT. But not Ferrari. Not even a small procentage.

Ferrari lived without FIAT for the first 25 years of existence (out of the total 50 years of life). For several years FIAT only owned Ferrari from a share point of view and even now they do not put their nose in the company strategy (luckily I would add).

The same applies to Lambo/Volkswagen and in some (minor part, Ford has mor epower in this case) to Aston/Ford.

smonop said:
The red looks very nice, thank you for posting, decisions decisions...

Regarding yellow and red ... they seem to have gone well together for Ferrari for a few years now....;)

Here is mine.

Attachments

• redbadge2.jpg
    redbadge2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 813
First off, don't put yellow on the red car...JMO. Red or black or silver will look good...JMO.

Now to the H vs A: As a general rule, there is a lot of stuff to choose from in this country. I thought it was cool when Honda introduced the Acura brand in this country in 1986. I bought an Integra in 86. There was no Honda like it (in the US). People with "Acuras" used to wave to each other on the road. It was a strange time. The dealership was upscale and the car had features Hondas did not have at the time. Dividing Honda's products up was not a stupid move in this country. Toyota and Nissan apparently thought it was a good idea. Again, there is a lot of stuff to choose from, and Honda figured there were a few folks in the US with money who didn't want to buy a Honda but would buy unique (in this country) cars in upscale stores. Many of you have forgotten that it wasn't so long ago that Honda was associated with "cheap econobox" in the US. Like it or not, that the perception existed, is a fact.

I just paid $7000 more for an MDX over a Pilot because it had more torque & power, stability control, a longer warranty and I loved the MDX styling. There are a lot of choices here, and I'm glad.

Now for H badging A cars: I won't do it myself, but can appreciate why some folks do it...maybe. On the NSX, it is a shock. Most people in the US have never seen an NSX, and when they do, to see it is a Honda just blows them away. If they saw that it is an Acura, they would just dismiss it as something else they've never seen (like an RL judging from the sales). So I can see the value. There's also the ricer/import scene where its popular. On the other hand, I can't see anyone in the US changing badges on an LS400 or an Acura TL. I can see it on IS 300's, etc...

The moral to the story...Its all good!

I find it ironic that putting a Honda badge on the NSX is seen as making the car cheaper. Has anyone looked at the door sill plate and manifold cover lately? Don't they all have Honda Motor Corp engraved on them. The NSX is a Honda.

The only reason why Honda badged it as an Acura is so we would buy with with the attached name that is synonomous with luxury. This puts us in the same snob boat as other exotic manufacturers.

BTW, I removed all visible Acura badges and emblems from the outside of my NSX. Furthermore, everyone can tell it's a Honda because I also removed my engine cover which makes the Honda Motor Corp plate visible to lurkers. It's great to see the look on people's face when they see for themself that the NSX is made by Honda, and that's what I tell them.

gheba_nsx said:
I posted that before: I really do not think that the Acura-Honda link is the same as the FIAT-Ferrari or Aston-Ford, ... sorry Ken.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6891&highlight=ferrari+fiat

Nowhere in the world Ferrari are sold as Fiat or viceversa. They re two complete separate company. Completely.

Marketing, R&D, Management, sales, dealerships, ...

Obviously, you have different shades of gray in terms of the ownership relationship. But with respect to Acura-Honda, in North America, they do operate almost completely separately for purposes of marketing, management, sales, and dealership; they are only joined from the product standpoint.

Ferrari is only a shade different because there is another layer of ownership in their corporate organization - it is owned by the parent company of the Fiat Auto Group, rather than by the auto group itself - which is why it wasn't proposed as part of the GM deal. Ferrari is still wholly owned by Fiat's parent and by all rights, Vytas should be using the corporate logo of Fiat's parent if he buys a Ferrari. ;)

Also, Ford is closely managing its Aston Martin subsidiary, as part of its Premier Auto Group, along with Jaguar, Land Rover, and Volvo. Each of these marques has its own sales channels, but the lines between them from the product standpoint are starting to blur, with more sharing of components and product development. The same thing is happening with Daimler-Chrysler's divisions and, even more so, with GM and its Saab and Hummer divisions, whose names appear in television commercials for GM in the States. About the only difference between these examples and Honda's is that the Acura nameplate is not used worldwide - and that is simply a reflection of the history of its development as an internal division, rather than an acquisition of a formerly independent company. Wait a few years for the integration of those acquisitions to continue and there will be no differences at all.

Re: Re: BTW....

j14nsx said:
Why? BMW own Rolls Royce, it's the other one, VW that own Bentley.

Surely Ken you should of picked that up...............

Yeah, yeah - it threw me - to the point where I then associated the Rolls-Royce Phantom with the wrong German make. :eek: How could I possibly have confused the two? ;)

VW is the German brand that paid all that money for the Rolls/Bentley factory but got snookered out of the Rolls name. BMW is the German brand that paid a small amount of money for the right to sell a Rolls Royce.

You can't tell the players without a scorecard...

nsxtasy, I still think that the major difference in his case is that NO Ferrari model is sold as a FIAT. On the other way the Acura NSX is sold as Honda NSX in the other half of the world. The product are the same between Acura NSX and Honda NSX. They are not the same between any Ferrary and any FIAT. And any Aston and any Ford... the TSX is another excample. Ans the Legend. And the Integra. ...

In most of these cases, they are still one company. Over time, as the acquisitions get integrated into the rest of the companies, there will be more sharing of components, and the differences in product from one nameplate to another will diminish.

This started as a joke, extending Vytas's obsession over using the logo of his car's parent company to its logical conclusion. Perhaps there is not much sense of humor about badges on your side of the pond...?

Back