• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura Nose badge

NSXBill2 said:
I don't know, but I never would have bought that ferrocious twin turbo Nissan 300ZX back in 1992 if it had been called a "Fairlady" (Japanese name for 300ZX) :)

......Marketing

Funny, I know a guy with a very nice ZX badged Fairlady. It seems fairly common among the import crowd to go JDM as much as they can.

Careful. I've seen a lot of badges fade over time because they were made cheaply.

Of course, the same can be said about the OEM M badge on BMW's. The red always fades on those and the aftermarket options usually don't. Go figure.

I would buy from a reputable name before I bought a cheap piece of crap off a no name company.

smonop said:
For anyone looking for emblems, you might be interested in this site, least expensive I have found. 17.00 for a pair.

http://www.procarparts.com

I ordered a set of red ones from there. They come with the badge itself double-sided sticky taped into a plastic chrome bezel like the OEM one, but it has double sided sticky tape on the back to attach it to the car (unlike OEM).

Since the center of my badge disappeared, but the chrome bezel that was attached to the car was still there, i just removed the center piece from theirs, put new tape on it, and put it into mine. Fit perfectly. The color is a bit different than the paint though...it's more metallic looking. Hard to tell from the picture, but you can see that it is a different shade. I would say it's a bit cheaper looking overall than OEM.

Picture is attached. Ignore the bug spots and dirt, I just got back from a 3500 mile trip and haven't cleaned the car yet. ;)

Attachments

• redbadge.jpg
    redbadge.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 263
ajnsx said:
i get what your saying, see the irony in your statement, put a honda badge on something that is not a honda? But it IS a honda everwhere else in the world (except maybe hk)

I find whacking on an acura badge 'cheapens' the mighty fine Honda nsx.
Lets put on badge 'a' to justify the cost of this marque, so people will feel better about their purchase whilst driving past those 'lesser' honda owners?

Marketing companies have to change a brand name (ie.honda) by creating a 'fake' marque (acura) to appeal to brand-x-sensitive public?
burbel said:
I would tend to agree that Lexus cheapens the Toyota lineup and Infiinity cheapens the Nissan lineup.

After seeing both the 350Z and the Inifity version, I feel that the 350Z is the weaker car. I also know that the Infinity "SUV" seems to be a lot nicer than the Nissan version. I'm not very familiar with Toyotas (other than the MR2), but I don't know of a nicer Toyota than a Camry (is the Solara a Camry package?). But there are plenty of nice Lexi (plural of Lexus?) around.

It frustrates me that the Japanese carmakers, rather than fighting the American stereotype of econoboxes, instead choose to rebadge a given series of cars to an imaginary make. It is also insulting to me as an American that Japanese automakers apparently have so little regard for our intellect, that they think they can make a change like this and fool the American public. The fact that they for the most part can is not reassuring.
From tomorrow's Chicago Tribune:

"Fifteen years after introducing Lexus to North America, Toyota plans to bring it to Japan in August with 180 dealerships. It has set a first-year sales target of 50,000 to 60,000 vehicles. It will compete with imports such as Mercedes-Benz and BMW, which have prestige in Japan. Worldwide, Toyota has sold more than 2.4 million Lexus models since its launch in 1989."

I guess this means the Japanese automakers have as little regard for the intellect of the Japanese consumers as they do for their American counterparts. :D

nsxtasy said:
From tomorrow's Chicago Tribune:

"Fifteen years after introducing Lexus to North America, Toyota plans to bring it to Japan in August with 180 dealerships. It has set a first-year sales target of 50,000 to 60,000 vehicles. It will compete with imports such as Mercedes-Benz and BMW, which have prestige in Japan. Worldwide, Toyota has sold more than 2.4 million Lexus models since its launch in 1989."

I guess this means the Japanese automakers have as little regard for the intellect of the Japanese consumers as they do for their American counterparts. :D

I guess now the Japanese buyers can have the same argument thet we have. Can you imagine people asking them is that an Aristo or is that a GS300? Walk into a dealer wanting to buy a Windom and the sales guy says, sorry we only sell the ES330 now.:p

Remove all emblems, and keep everyone guessing what it is...:D

Red "A" Emblem

I went with an AUTHENTIC Acura Red "A" emblem from Honda. It is actually the rear emblem from my 1007 Acura Integra Type R, that I replaced with Red "H" emblems before. :)

The part is exactly the same size as the stock grey "A" NSX emblem. Just be sure to get the rear one as that is the same size as the stock front Acura grey "A" front emblem.

I think it is about $55 for 1 emblem. Why pay more? Because the OEM part is the true Red Type R hue, and it won't fade out after time like some aftermarket colored emblems. You don't want a pinkish A emblem after a while do you?

:)

Attachments

• nsx top straight front small.jpg
    nsx top straight front small.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 123
Re: Red "A" Emblem

FlightNSX said:
I think it is about $55 for 1 emblem. Why pay more? Because the OEM part is the true Red Type R hue, and it won't fade out after time like some aftermarket colored emblems. You don't want a pinkish A emblem after a while do you?
:)

Nice. Mine has not faded out, but in less than a year's time, it looks like the silver backing behind the red plastic is starting to seperate in places (strangely, not where the tape is attached)...and it's not looking so great anymore if you look at it closely. Hmm...now I have to decide between OEM grey and OEM red... ;)

Back