• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another Lovefab turbo NSX

Cool, I pick the Lenmeister's brain regarding my drivetrain issues. Like you, I never dump the clutch or drag race* either and I'm sure not doing those things goes a long way in keeping the tranny and related components in good working order.

*Sometimes I do dress up in a chiffon tutu and run 100 yard dashes but that doesn't count.

Hugh said:
There's no way in Hell this kit or ANY FI kit is going on my motor in stock trim. I'm already in discussions with a couple of shops regarding a motor build. I just have to decide how far up the "mild to wild" side I want to go. Using Toda components for instance, we're looking at $9000 just for a damn crankshaft which must be used with their $4000 connecting rods and $3000 pistons so you can see this can get outrageous in very little time. I'd rather spend $20 to $25K for a built NA motor than spend $13K for an FI kit that will inevitably blow up my stock motor. I drive my car 40,000 miles/year and plan to do so for the forseeable future so having a reliable drivetrain is mandatory. I know I'll probably have to spend some bucks upgrading the tranny, clutch and other assorted crap back there but I believe in doing it right the first time. Who knows, maybe I'll be perfectly happy with a 400HP NA motor and decide not to FI the thing, but we all know what happens after that first hit of the GFCP! I can only imagine how outrageous this Lovefab kit would be on such a motor. :)

The Toda parts you mention are not compatible with FI, and there is certainly no reason to pay that sort of money for those parts. A well built engine with a strong bottom end for this power can be put together for around $6200.00 with the pistons, MLS head gaskets, ARP fasteners, sleeved big flange block, and a blue printed bottom end assembly. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a ring.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Devin@AEM said:
I have no idea what you are talking about and I know nothing about the dyno session planned for this evening.

Gotcha. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry in advance for the terrible late-night dyno sheet scans.

The dyno used for testing was a MD (Mustang). This is the same exact dyno verified against a local Dynojet and Dynapack on May 12 2006 as seen in post #29 of this thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69117.

Premium unleaded pump gas was used and all runs were made back to back with no cool down periods between runs. The engine is a low compression build and has been boosted for approximately one year to date.

This is the identical kit used on the previous four NSX installs utilizing the same turbo, injectors, IC, exhaust, etc. (only the boost was raised).

High boost numbers coming soon (go fast crack pipe gas).

Last edited:
Devin@AEM said:
Sorry in advance for the terrible late-night dyno sheet scans.

The dyno used for testing was a MD (Mustang). This is the same exact dyno verified against a local Dynojet and Dynapack on May 12 2006 as seen in post #29 of this thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69117.

Premium unleaded pump gas was used and all runs were made back to back with no cool down periods between runs. The engine is a low compression build and has been boosted for approximately one year to date.

This is the identical kit used on the previous four NSX installs utilizing the same turbo, injectors, IC, exhaust, etc. (only the boost was raised).

High boost numbers coming soon (go fast crack pipe gas).

Still playing in the Minor Leagues.....:rolleyes:
I thought you had numbers.:rolleyes:

Awesome...
How are the AF ratio's?
Are you using water injection at all, or planning to?

Good job my man...

can you list your engine mods for this force induction and compression ratio?

Oi - this could very well be tomorrow's set up of choice if people are not concerned about smog and have access to a competent tuner.

Outrageous!

BioBanker said:
Oi - this could very well be tomorrow's set up of choice if people are not concerned about smog and have access to a competent tuner.

Outrageous!

That holds true for all FI setups in all cars.

Armando

PS Great job Devin

len3.8 said:
Awesome...
How are the AF ratio's?
Are you using water injection at all, or planning to?

Good job my man...

Thanks Len.

A/F ratios are fairly rich accross the board (low 11s) and should give plenty of margin for safety. No water injection here. Are you running water/meth on yours?

Alittleboost - compression ratio is 9.2:1.

OK Devin I'm jealous.....:biggrin: Don't make me go into my engine sooner than I expected to. How does the chassis feel with 550 RWHP ? I know this sounds crazy but I have considered selling my car and purchasing a fixed roof car due to the concern of the targa chassis flexing. Right now the car is fine but when I build another engine and obtain similar numbers flexing is going to be my main concern. Maybe Len can chime in on this too.

Devin@AEM said:
Thanks Len.

A/F ratios are fairly rich accross the board (low 11s) and should give plenty of margin for safety. No water injection here. Are you running water/meth on yours?

Alittleboost - compression ratio is 9.2:1.

Yes I do have water injection, I have the boost juice, however, I have not introduced it to my system yet.
Just don't have time to play,:frown: July is my slowest month, I plan on getting a final tune, the trans with the gears and ideal LSD, ect. ect....

Gary W, He may kill me, Has some outstanding numbers as well.:eek: He is in the same boat as most of us, "GF Crack Hoes" constantly adding $$$s to the equation.. I really wish he would post up, because his car is Very nicely done... Post up Gary.:biggrin:

Back