• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another Lovefab turbo NSX

synergy004 said:
I call BS, you don't drive your car, you ride around on that craCK bike murder cycle.

gj

LMAO.. Been talking to my big brother I see.
Heck, I drove it 2 months ago...:redface:
I guess I should put the new ignition switch in.:smile:

Hey it cost about $9 per gallon to boost, so I have been very thrifty... Been on the bike all summer, I'll drive the beast in the fall.. It loves the cool air...

Len

waymilky said:
Devin,

I have read that with the AEM EMS that the cruise control and traction control don't work, is that true in your car? Is the climate control also controlled by the same computer?

The factory NSX traction control is not supported with the AEM EMS. However, the AEM includes a traction control function which can be customized and tuned for each individual setup.

Climate control and cruise control work as stock and are not controlled by the EMS.

Sig said:
Steven-

My AEM has always read about 1-2 lbs lower than my external gauges, which are a standard HKS boost guage and the digital display on my boost controller.

Does anyone know what is the reason for this? Is it that the external gauges are off a bit?

My AEM also reads a couple of pounds lower than my Defi gauges, my Greddy Boost controller and a mechanical gauge I used for setting the waste gates.
All of the other (non-AEM) gauges are pretty consistent with each other.

Update:

Zero problems to date. No boost leaks...no loose bolts...no oil leaks...no turbo problems...no smoke. Cody at Lovefab has truly created a bolt-on and go kit.

By the way - I can't thank Jim from Elkins Engines enough for his guidence and help with the engine build. Nearly two years of reliable forced induction on this engine (BBSC and Lovefab). Jim has a nice sized group of happy NSX owners running around on his builds and based on my last visit to his shop, there's a big handful of soon-to-be happy owners around the corner.

For those who didn't see it in the other thread, here is a short video I made a month ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZvA2Q_Gu3Y

synergy004 said:
I call BS, you don't drive your car, you ride around on that craCK bike murder cycle.

gj

len3.8 said:
LMAO.. Been talking to my big brother I see.
Heck, I drove it 2 months ago...
I guess I should put the new ignition switch in.

Hey it cost about $9 per gallon to boost, so I have been very thrifty... Been on the bike all summer, I'll drive the beast in the fall.. It loves the cool air...

Len

RIP Len...
Unfortunately, a mild mannered joke ended up being not so "mild-mannered".

Tinker219 said:
RIP Len...
Unfortunately, a mild mannered joke ended up being not so "mild-mannered".

This is morbid. Did I miss something? Hope nothing happened.

Regards,

Danny

Thought I would share that a year has gone by without so much as a hiccup. No smoke, no engine fluid consumption, no weird noises, no heat issues, no loose nuts or bolts, etc.

Intake air temps are still nice and cool on the dyno, street, and track. Boost response and boost levels haven't changed. Engine compression and leak down are exactly the same as they were in the beginning. Gas mileage is great if you are nice to the gas pedal and the sound is still amazing!

Give the car to me for a week and that might change real quick. :eek: :wink: :biggrin:

Give the car to me for a week and that might change real quick. :eek: :wink: :biggrin:

Dude!! Did you get my message!! Call me back about that run, foo!!

Giving a car to you for a week would result in 4,000 miles, some time in the impound, and probably a small fire. :D :tongue:

Dude!! Did you get my message!! Call me back about that run, foo!!

Giving a car to you for a week would result in 4,000 miles, some time in the impound, and probably a small fire. :D :tongue:

Dude...... I told you I don't swing that way now stop stalking me! :eek: :biggrin:

Re: Another Lovefab turbo NSX - UPDATED DYNO #s

Incredible job Cody!

I'm absolutely amazed with the craftsmanship and quality of the work. The vehicle speed based boost control is awesome - as low as 5 psi in first gear tapering up as speeds increase with higher gears. The exhaust note is to die for.

More pics, more boost, and dyno graphs coming soon.

It is good to hear that there is another boosted NSX around. It seems that love-fab has made quite a reputation in the NSX crowd. Im sure that your will have tons of fun with it. I guess the $13k+ might be worth it.

I am pretty disappointed at this point. :frown:

The Lovefab kit does not make me breakfast in the morning and seems to always ignore me when I try having a civil conversation with it. I guess I expected a little more than just 600 HP and 2 years of reliability.

Oh well...life goes on.

I am pretty disappointed at this point. :frown:

The Lovefab kit does not make me breakfast in the morning and seems to always ignore me when I try having a civil conversation with it. I guess I expected a little more than just 600 HP and 2 years of reliability.

Oh well...life goes on.

hahahah, nice :)

Back