• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any NsX vendor will create this Scuderia rear for my 02+ rear bumper?

Why work around the stock rear bumper beam? You can make an aftermarket beam that is lighter and better suits hou needs. Have buyers sign off on the legal disclaimer and there you go.

The stock beam is an overweight piece of scrap metal anyhow.

The aftermarket beams will fit as well. We will leave it up to the buyer if they want to take off the beam or not. We had to try and make this a mass market item in a minimal market environment.

Sorry I missed your post, we will release photos when the project is closer to completion. Price will be less than $2k and more than $1k. It really depends on the molding process and how many pieces are required.

I'm in and cant wait for this!!!

This is the design we have targeted. There are some issues that will make it not 100% spot on as we are making it for the OEM exhaust and OEM Rear Bumper Beam. As mentioned before it will be a two piece design for OEM termination points as well as center exit. You will also be able to place the tips where you want as the bumper will come complete without cut outs for the center exhaust.

Ken,

I'm looking at your FXMD widebody kit for my track car... So this design you are targeting with the centre exit exhaust will suit me perfectly!

Functional diffuser would be a bonus!

This is mine ATM...

10915DSC05181.JPG

Ken - any updates? Any prototype sneak peeks? :wink:

AU_NSX - you Oz boys are lucky you have slim profile license plates! Not sure if Ken has taken that into account for the center exit version. Sound clip of your exhaust?

Yes, we are working around the confines of the US style plates. I wish we could do a plate delete but I am not sure if everyone would like that.

Ken,

I'm looking at your FXMD widebody kit for my track car... So this design you are targeting with the centre exit exhaust will suit me perfectly!

Functional diffuser would be a bonus!

This is mine ATM...

10915DSC05181.JPG

I really like the center exit look as well. We have been doing quite a bit of contract work in AU lately. Quite a few cars at the World Time Attack will have FXMD aero enhancements. If you are interested in a kit let me know, we have one Kevlar kit that was meant for use on our TA car but was not completed on time so we never ran with it only fitted it on the car after the season was over.

I really like the center exit look as well. We have been doing quite a bit of contract work in AU lately. Quite a few cars at the World Time Attack will have FXMD aero enhancements. If you are interested in a kit let me know, we have one Kevlar kit that was meant for use on our TA car but was not completed on time so we never ran with it only fitted it on the car after the season was over.

Awesome! I was supposed to be in the World Time Attack myself but my class sold out in two hours and now I'm waitlisted.

I will be there and I will be taking my car down there in case anyone drops out. Otherwise I'm spectating and putting my car on display.

So yes I am very interested in your kit! Will you be coming down?

Awesome! I was supposed to be in the World Time Attack myself but my class sold out in two hours and now I'm waitlisted.

I will be there and I will be taking my car down there in case anyone drops out. Otherwise I'm spectating and putting my car on display.

Yep, Ian is doing an awesome job with the event. He has extended an invite to myself and Drew to go out there. My schedule is pretty hectic but Drew will be out there to support the teams that have contracted us for aero work. There will be quite a few cars out there with FXMD Aero work! The level of builds you guys are doing down under are well above what we do here in the states!

Shoot me an email if you want us to hold a kit for you, we may be able to get it on a container with another team to save on shipping.

Yes, we are scheduled to start the process the first week in January, and looking at a completion date near the end of the Q1 2011. It will be similar to our FX-TA1 widebody. It will be made with OEM exhaust termination points for ease of installation. For those that wish to have the center exhaust we will also make caps for the OEM exhaust points.

If anyone has any input on this, now is the time!

We are looking at about 3 weeks out right now to have our prototype complete on the car. It is taking longer now as essentially we are creating two versions. We are trying to make it as functional as possible working within the confines of the OEM architecture. In regards to the high exhaust temp, are you referring to it burning the bumper?

I know projects slip, but can we get a true estimate? Orginally it was the end of Q1 and then the estimate of "3 weeks" was provided on 4/14. We're now moving into June and still no images.

Any chance we can atleast see a mock up of the actual design or where it is now? I'm very excited (and I'm sure others are as well) to see this design and I'm eager to replace my rear with it (pending price and fitment of course).

I really hope you're willing to show us something.. we all have been very patient for nearly 6 months. :)

I know projects slip, but can we get a true estimate? Orginally it was the end of Q1 and then the estimate of "3 weeks" was provided on 4/14. We're now moving into June and still no images.

Any chance we can atleast see a mock up of the actual design or where it is now? I'm very excited (and I'm sure others are as well) to see this design and I'm eager to replace my rear with it (pending price and fitment of course).

I really hope you're willing to show us something.. we all have been very patient for nearly 6 months. :)

Hang in there man! I spoke with the comp guy again today, I think I will refrain from posting a finish date as he has slipped a few times in the past already. Once it is done the production side is very fast. The reality is its hard to fast track these small run projects with these companies as they have other projects with much larger markets to attend to as well. Thus the NSX tax that we pay on quite a few products.

I will post pics once we have something closer to production. I hate to post of production pics as sometimes they will not be a true reflection of what the end result will be. Thanks for the patience and faith!

Here is the link to one of the cars we did "Down Under" Wait till you see some of the other cars that were designed! We are loving TA as it allows us to really think outside of the box.

http://www.worldtimeattack.com/index.php/pro-class-gt-autogaragehks-r35-gtr/

It's been another 3 weeks.. any updates? I'm loosing patience and I'm about to go a custom route unless something looks concrete and we can ATLEAST have an idea of what/when to expect this new bumper.

I may get hammered for this, but it needs to be said anyway. :redface:

This is likely a major contributing factor to why there's such a limited number of cool aftermarket items for NSXs - here these guys are trying to produce a really unique bumper that many have expressed tremendous excitement and enthusiasm for, and all they're getting in response is whining and ball busting because it's taking longer to produce a quality product than anticipated. If they delay the release to make sure they introduce a product they can be proud of, they get their balls busted for failing to meet some arbitrary timetable. If they release it early and the fit and finish isn't up to par, then they'll get their balls busted for offering an inferior product. It's a no win.

There's an old saying in the business world that applies here;

"Speed, Quality, and Price. Pick two."

If your impatience won't allow you to wait for them to release a product they're comfortable putting their name and reputation on, then buy something else. You'll have no one but yourself to blame if, once they're ready to release it, it comes out really cool and your realize it would have been worth the wait.

Last but not least, because it wouldn't be diplomatic, they can't say it, so I will - as a business owner I realized long ago that, if a prospective customer is a giant pain in the ass before the sale, one can only imagine what they'll be like after the sale. From the broader perspective, sometimes you're far better off losing certain customers to competitors. Certain transactions can suck all of the fun out of running a business.

Flame suit on. :tongue::rolleyes::cool:

Last edited:

This is likely a major contributing factor to why there's such a limited number of cool aftermarket items for NSXs - here these guys are trying to produce a really unique bumper that many have expressed tremendous excitement and enthusiasm for, and all they're getting in response is whining and ball busting because it's taking longer to produce a quality product than anticipated. If they delay the release to make sure they introduce a product they can be proud of, they get their balls busted for failing to meet some arbitrary timetable. If they release it early and the fit and finish isn't up to par, then they'll get their balls busted for offering an inferior product. It's a no win.

If your impatience won't allow you to wait for them to release a product they're comfortable putting their name and reputation on, then buy something else. You'll have no one but yourself to blame if, once they're ready to release it, it comes out really cool and your realize it would have been worth the wait.

Last but not least, because it wouldn't be diplomatic, they can't say it, so I will - as a business owner I realized long ago that, if a prospective customer is a giant pain in the ass before the sale, one can only imagine what they'll be like after the sale. From the broader perspective, sometimes you're far better off losing certain customers to competitors. Certain transactions can suck all of the fun out of running a business.

I totally agree and speaking from a business owner as well. I actually felt bad about posting myself because I DO want to see this on an NSX one day and mine for that matter. I just didn't what also normally happens in that many people say they will buy and when it gets built no one buys. I simply backed out because I could not wait any longer but hope to see this come to fruition and did not want Ken to think I was on the imaginary list to buy and back out last min. I thought this was the lesser of two evils approach.

Who knows.. if this thing really turns out awesome, like I think it will, I may have to ditch my current setup and try it! I'm definitely not supportive of Ken/FXMD getting flamed for this at all. For all I know he's off in AUS doing more important things for the NSX!

I certainly and totally agree. I once owned a custom shop, I sold it in 2009 and have moved on towards other investments. However, I have one issue. We all really have NO IDEA what the end product will (might) look like. There is no concept drawing, or anything. If I could atleast see what is being produced then I would know whether or not I should continue to wait another 1 week, 1 month, 1 year. However, I'm trying to prevent the situation of waiting for 6 months to only not be satisfied with the final design.

I certainly and totally agree. I once owned a custom shop, I sold it in 2009 and have moved on towards other investments. However, I have one issue. We all really have NO IDEA what the end product will (might) look like. There is no concept drawing, or anything. If I could atleast see what is being produced then I would know whether or not I should continue to wait another 1 week, 1 month, 1 year. However, I'm trying to prevent the situation of waiting for 6 months to only not be satisfied with the final design.

Well stated.

Anyone following this thread would have to concede that that's a particularly logical and perfectly legitimate concern. Perhaps the guys at FXMD upon reading this exchange will seriously consider releasing some kind of "teaser" photos or even concept drawings so those that are patiently waiting (or not so patiently in some cases LOL) know why they're waiting and what they're waiting for. That seems only reasonable.

FXMD - are you listening?

BTW hijacker - congrats on the sale of your business and the very best of luck with your new "investments" :smile:

I hear you guys and understand if those of you had to make a move on another option! This process is taking much longer than expected with external delays outside of our control occurring. Either way the project is still moving forward. As stated quite sometime ago the initial design was based off of the photoshop that provided to us. I believe its in this thread still. No teaser shots will be released until it is closer to production that is just our policy. Thanks for the support guys!

Still on the list of potential buyers Ken! Take your time, my car is always around... ;)

Posted from my iPhone

Back