• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any NsX vendor will create this Scuderia rear for my 02+ rear bumper?

I hear you guys and understand if those of you had to make a move on another option! This process is taking much longer than expected with external delays outside of our control occurring. Either way the project is still moving forward. As stated quite sometime ago the initial design was based off of the photoshop that provided to us. I believe its in this thread still. No teaser shots will be released until it is closer to production that is just our policy. Thanks for the support guys!

There are several photoshopped ideas in this thread, can you atleast inform us which one was used?

We are using the pics from post #59 as a basis. It really is a complex part to make due to the details. I spoke with our comp guy yesterday and they have finished moving into their new shop and have made good progress on the piece.

Update: The prototype is near complete, I will be going down to check it out in a few weeks. The good news is they are working on an f-car right now so they have a good point of reference.

Update: After many attempts to make the packaging work with the OEM muffler and keeping the piece functional we have decided to no longer make this piece for the OEM exhaust application.

We will be able to make the design and function work with a custom exhaust system. The questions is would this still be worth it for those that are interested?

The question now becomes, define a "custom" exhaust? Does this mean an exhaust unit that FXMD intends to sell along with the rear bumper as a package, which obviously inflates the cost and now excludes all the owners who are satisfied with their existing aftermarket exhaust?

Was this a problem back when the prototype was near complete on 7/25? Still no images...

The question now becomes, define a "custom" exhaust? Does this mean an exhaust unit that FXMD intends to sell along with the rear bumper as a package, which obviously inflates the cost and now excludes all the owners who are satisfied with their existing aftermarket exhaust?

Was this a problem back when the prototype was near complete on 7/25? Still no images...

"Custom" defined as custom made exhaust by the end users or by our fabricator. It could inflate the cost depending on what the end user has and the value of the existing exhaust unit being sold. I would rather not produce any of the exhausts as it opens a lot of new issues.

The prototype was a two piece bumper the first piece was complete and the second one they thought was worked out but when we ran cfd on it, it did not perform so well. There will be no images until the unit is complete as mentioned many times before.

"Custom" defined as custom made exhaust by the end users or by our fabricator. It could inflate the cost depending on what the end user has and the value of the existing exhaust unit being sold. I would rather not produce any of the exhausts as it opens a lot of new issues.

The prototype was a two piece bumper the first piece was complete and the second one they thought was worked out but when we ran cfd on it, it did not perform so well. There will be no images until the unit is complete as mentioned many times before.
Perhaps you can give these folks an idea of why the OEM exhaust configuration won't fit. I've been tinkering with the NSX exhaust and diffuser combo for almost 2yrs now. There are so many variations and compromises one can choose to make.

Warning! my $0.02 to follow... Knowing most of the NSX community it's probably best if you pair up with one of the exhaust vendors on here (i.e. Angus?) and come up with a design that works to sell as a package. Let me also suggest that you might as well go all the way with a center exit "Scuderia" version if you're going thru the effort. It will look a lot better and also be more functional.

Perhaps you can give these folks an idea of why the OEM exhaust configuration won't fit. I've been tinkering with the NSX exhaust and diffuser combo for almost 2yrs now. There are so many variations and compromises one can choose to make.

Warning! my $0.02 to follow... Knowing most of the NSX community it's probably best if you pair up with one of the exhaust vendors on here (i.e. Angus?) and come up with a design that works to sell as a package. Let me also suggest that you might as well go all the way with a center exit "Scuderia" version if you're going thru the effort. It will look a lot better and also be more functional.

Thats a great idea! Yes, it will be center exit only and this will definitely give us the ability to make it a functional piece.

Thats a great idea! Yes, it will be center exit only and this will definitely give us the ability to make it a functional piece.

I thought you said there would be 2 options for us. Center exit exhaust and the OEM position. I just done up with the SOS ITB System and love my set up right now. Can I special order the one with OEM position?

I thought you said there would be 2 options for us. Center exit exhaust and the OEM position. I just done up with the SOS ITB System and love my set up right now. Can I special order the one with OEM position?

Update: After many attempts to make the packaging work with the OEM muffler and keeping the piece functional we have decided to no longer make this piece for the OEM exhaust application.

Last edited:
Why not use Mac Attack's center exit after all that research he did?

IMG_4045.JPG

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/24317079?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/24317079">Untitled</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1744194">Dave</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

I'm out :(

I think FXMD should do the one for OEM position fitment as pretty much 70% of the NSX owners here are running dual exhaust and I'm sure most of us are happy with what we have rite now (like sound and out look). Look at Oyagi, he has been waiting on the list almost the same time as me....now others are out once we know FXMD will only make the one for center exit exhaust. To be honest, how many of us are willing to use center exit exhaust?

I love prime. Lets ask for something that can't be made, then when the manufacturer says hey, this is the only way it can be made, say nah... forget it. Thanks for all the hard work anyway. LOL..

You want a scuderia rear end? You have to change your exhaust. I think STMPO already said this, and now Ken is saying it, and STILL, you guys are saying "make the OEM exhaust version or I don't want it?!"... so what happens when he does THAT, and it looks nothing like what you expect because of physical limitations? Then no one buys is after they spent so much time making one as requested.

Man I'd hate to be a vendor here...

Ken did we mention it must look exactly like the photos and we don't want to spend more than $500? LOL...

Last edited:
Back