• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone else watch the show Man Vs Food on Travel?

Just curious, as my girlfriend and I are hooked on this show. The host, Adam Richmond is funny as hell and the food spots look great. Im addicted!

Yeah, me too! I love that show, but my stomach hurts at the end of every episode just thinking of what he puts his through.

"In the battle of man vs. food......man wins!"

Did you see last night? Thats my stomping grounds, New Brunswick, NJ! :wink:

I watch that show. I find it entertaining. I was in Vegas and debated on looking up that 6lb burrito at the NASCAR restaurant but cooler heads prevailed. I didn't want to be in a food come for a whole day. :biggrin:

Yup - I try to watch it AFTER I eat, since it always makes me hungry for some greasy stuff, haha.

I like when he tries the hot stuff, like the chicken wings or the ramen noodle challenge.

good stuff :} i tried taking on the 5lb burrito here....MAN WON!......i wish :tongue:

He must have gone to eat Fat CAT or Fat SAM? :D

Have you had one before? Simply unreal, although I prefer the Fat Romano:biggrin:

Have you had one before? Simply unreal, although I prefer the Fat Romano:biggrin:

A bunch o times since my friend used to go to Rutgers and I used to visit a lot. But really my joint is Hoagie Haven in Princeton....that was my joint growing up!

But really my joint is Hoagie Haven in Princeton....that was my joint growing up!

Heh, I used to eat there all the time as well when I lived in Princeton.

Adam came here to Sarasota and did a wing challenge. He could only eat 2. We kind of felt the cook went overkill on the ghost chili extract in the sauce. He poured in like a 1/4 cup! Kind of felt bad for Adam.

The wife and I love that show as well, but we're always wondering if this is going to be "that show" or not. You know, the one show where he finally dies on camera...

Adam cannot be that healthy, and watching him sit there stuffing himself, while sweating and turning red doesn't look like it's doing his body any good...

Plus, why's he always wearing a jacket?

You going to watch the new Jersey Shore show on MTV???? :biggrin:

Thats my summer spot:wink: Im excited for Jersey Shore:biggrin:

I like when he tries the hot stuff, like the chicken wings or the ramen noodle challenge.

Yes sir. The hot wing challenge had me craving wings for a week. :eek:

Plus, why's he always wearing a jacket?

Thats what I was wondering, probably to cover up the fact of how much weight he's gained. Take a look at him when the show started, and check out what he looks like now. Talk about packing on a few:biggrin:

Been watching that show for a while (about a year I think)... it's about time it got its due. I think because it was in a relatively obscure channel that it stayed under the radar for quite some time. But good to see the cream rise to the top. They couldn't have gotten a better host (Adam). He's one of those guys (I know a few) that makes eating just look so damn pleasurable. Like no matter what they order, it makes you wish you got their dish instead or just taste what they are eating. My only complaint is the mock interview at the end is kind of cheesey. I would have prefered something else, like an outtake or deleted off the record scene, but other than that, it's an awesome show.

My only complaint is the mock interview at the end is kind of cheesey. I would have prefered something else, like an outtake or deleted off the record scene, but other than that, it's an awesome show.

I like the interview, I think its funny as hell! If you go to the website, they have outtakes.:wink: Like him vomitting! :biggrin:

I've been to Orochon in LA for Ramen a few times. Really good but I've never tried the special #2.

Heh, I used to eat there all the time as well when I lived in Princeton.

Adam came here to Sarasota and did a wing challenge. He could only eat 2. We kind of felt the cook went overkill on the ghost chili extract in the sauce. He poured in like a 1/4 cup! Kind of felt bad for Adam.

Didn't he go back and complete this challenge?

I like the one where the chef is preparing the meal with a gas mask on. LOL.

There is a place in Ithaca NY where they have atomic wings. If you eat 12 they give you a t-shirt and the whole meal is free. No one has ever eaten 12 wings. I touched one to my tongue once and my mouth burned for a whole day and my stomach was messed up too.

I used to have a trophy for winning a chicken wing eating contest. I made the front page of the paper dancing on the tables with a someone dressed up in a Budweiser suit complete with a cape. the wings were only in me for ~5 minutes. :biggrin:

I've been hooked on this show since day one. My wife is completely disgusted by it but I can't stop watching.

Like some others have expressed, I am a little worried about Adam's health. He's not only put a lot of weight on in just under two seasons but the amount of salt and fat he's taking in during these shows is enough to stop a wildabeest in it's tracks.

He ate nearly 7 lbs of deep fried goodness last night! That can't be good.

What did he eat?

5 of the "fat" sandwiches from RU Hungry at Rutgers. Each one had at least some deep friend meat or veggie patty plus french fries on top. He ran out of time with less than 1/3 of the 5th one left but weighed the group before they started and it weighed more than 7 lbs in aggregate.

I hate to be gross... but everytime I watch the show... esp. when he eats some of the ultra hot food... I keep thinking how bad off he's going to be the next day... if you know what I mean.

Back