• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone heard of Nitrode Spark Plugs?

SP-NP21C_3.jpg

I'm going to give it a shot in the GTO since the NGK Iridium plugs are starting to misfire after 25k~ miles

technology.jpg

A patented technology, backed by independent test results, proves this to be the biggest breakthrough in Spark Plug history.
This spark plug is literally a game changer. Producing more HP, less emissions and less fuel consumption with easier starting - than any other spark plugs on the market!

The bridge technology riffles a wide spark horizontally across the center to ground electrode, directly at the center of the combustion chamber, totally unimpeded.

Resulting with the most complete combustion created by a spark plug ever.

Complete combustion makes an efficient engine producing more power, less emissions with less fuel consumption.

Independently Tested by Quantum Industries Laboratory, Intertek Laboratory, Muscle Mustang Magazine.

SP-NP21C_1.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/plt-sp-np21c?seid=srese1&gclid=CJ3o2I-t-b0CFcWTfgod0WcAYQ

plt-sp-np30_xl.jpg

plt-sp-np20_sn_xl.jpg

Interesting, haven't heard of this. any inputs? Seems like it would be an easy dyno swap thing to prove/disprove if someone would be willing to front the cash.

Don't forget the PULSE PLUGS and SPLITFIRE from a few years ago... They all turned out to be Snake Oil. You know what they all do? Make a spark. I don't think one design has any proven advantage.

plugComparison.jpg

spark-plug.jpg

Interesting concept but how much spark is really needed? It is logical to assume that more spark is better but who is to say a traditional spark is too little. I know many high HP Supra's running $1.75 NGK copper plugs as copper is one heck of a conductor. Let us know your thoughts after install.

Don't forget the PULSE PLUGS and SPLITFIRE from a few years ago... They all turned out to be Snake Oil. You know what they all do? Make a spark. I don't think one design has any proven advantage.

^^^^ I agree.

If you think that 'more' spark has benefits - open the plug gap, although I recommend against doing that. Increasing the plug gap increases the voltage required to bridge the spark gap. The ignition coils are probably quite capable of producing the higher voltage required to bridge the larger gap; however, the higher firing voltage may lead to premature insulation failure in the coils.

For a modern, conventional engine like the NSX has, the objectives associated with the ignition system are reliable operation, enough voltage to reliably fire the designed spark gap and correct timing (correct timing should probably be first!). Some direct injection engines attempting to burn ultra lean or shaped intake charges require some elaborate ignition strategies to insure the reliable initiation of the combustion process. But, I am not aware of any of those engines utilizing these 'unconventional' spark plugs.

As a note, the wide spread use of the current fine wire, exotic alloy center electrode style of plug that started with the Champion gold palladium that I used on my Husqvarna CR250 back in the seventies (I think it was Champion that introduced fine wire plugs) is as much about auto manufactures trying to meet the extended maintenance requirements associated with modern vehicle emission standards as it is about 'better' ignition, although, aside from its extended life, the fine wire plug requires a lower ignition voltage to fire reliably, has a wider heat range tolerance and was more resistant to bridging (which is why it was such a God-send for a stinky two stroke with a Motoplat ignition system!).

Last edited:
On that little advertisement there is a guarantee that they will produce more power, better fuel economy, and lower emissions when compared to any other spark plug...... Pretty bold claim if they haven't done some extensive research! I may need to try them out.

-Alec

Snake OIL,
all those triple platinum, titanium, plutonium stuff that comes out every few years, make it to hot after a few buddys told me it could hurt your car stopped using anything other than oem.

and this sparkplug says HP gains show me on a dyno. same car same dyno same test run. intill they can show me I will pass.

I've always heard that for forced induction the best thing to go with is good old copper plugs. Sure, you have to change them a lot more often. But they are cheap, reliable, and work well in high dynamic compression environments like turbocharged or supercharged engines.

What do you have on your GTO? A Maggie?

- - - Updated - - -

ROFLMAO

Bats, why don't you put the GTO on a dyno with your current plugs, swap them out and then re-test with the Nitrodes? I'm sure you have access to a good local dyno shop being in NorCal. It would put all the speculation to rest.

Back