• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X custom subwoofer enclosures

Re: new sub boxes

The details will be posted as soon as they are done , basically they differ in volume and the baffle (front face) design , there will be a flat one to accomodate varying sub diameters ( you can cut your own hole) and recessed front panel to have the sub flush, I will let you guys know the volumes when they are done . The one which will be done first will be the one with no intrusion into footwell.

I will have two or three boxes ready within a week or two , just wondering how many are interested , I will also have a carbon fiber or kevlar option , so just a show of hands please. Pricing is $380 , no sub ( does come with all hardware,wiring,connectors) volume of these is .45 , no loss of leg room , you can have them with any style of baffle (front face) you want , I have been building mostly the flat fronts since these give the most cu.ft.

Last edited:

i'm interested now but can you please PM me the final build details (i.e. ft^3, price, depth, etc..)

Will PM you

I will have two or three boxes ready within a week or two , just wondering how many are interested , I will also have a carbon fiber or kevlar option , so just a show of hands please. Pricing is $380 , no sub ( does come with all hardware,wiring,connectors) volume of these is .45 , no loss of leg room , you can have them with any style of baffle (front face) you want , I have been building mostly the flat fronts since these give the most cu.ft.

Hi Wil,

I want one....and just to clarify....the ones that will be ready in 2 to 3 weeks....you will not lose any leg room?

Thx,
Tony

Hi Wil,

I want one....and just to clarify....the ones that will be ready in 2 to 3 weeks....you will not lose any leg room?

Thx,
Tony

Yes , to clarify , I only currently produce an enclosure which does NOT lose any legroom , it is very similar in dimension to the V3 , but with a wood baffle , which I believe s better.

I will PM you , thanks

Last edited:

What do you mean this?

I mean that the front face , where the speaker is mounted , is flat as opposed to a countersunk baffle (meaning the speaker is flush with the panel or front face) which would cause a reduction in airspace (although small) .

got it, thanks. So since the front face is customizable then you can actually ship it out uncut and let the customer cut it (or have the shop cut it) to fit various sizes of subs (6", 8", 10")?

How are you gong to cover the face in cf or kevlar since it's wood?

got it, thanks. So since the front face is customizable then you can actually ship it out uncut and let the customer cut it (or have the shop cut it) to fit various sizes of subs (6", 8", 10")?

How are you gong to cover the face in cf or kevlar since it's wood?

I will supply the box with any size hole already cut , the CF or kevlar will be decided later on , as I have huge demand for the fiberglass / painted ones right now.

how thick will the front baffle be? Will it be 3/4" MDF? Reason I ask is because i'd like to countersink my own 6" speaker but if it's say, 5/8" MDF then that leaves me almost no wood left to screw into if say, my countersink is 1/4-1/2" deep.

As I said , I will provide the hole already cut , if you would like to cut it yourself , I can also supply it uncut , the baffle will be 3/4 mdf , but with another peice behind it on countersunk models. Please feel free to PM me with any special requests!

Sorry for the late update guys , the boxes are selling so fast , I can't even keep up . I will hopefully have more done next week .

ryu , I will pm you , thanks
Wil

The pictures will be up next week! They look very similar to the toolbox , with a few changes to get more airspace , NO loss of legroom .

I appreciate everyones' patience on this , I am also very busy with the turbo kits!

I will be able to produce 3 boxes next week.

The pictures will be up next week! They look very similar to the toolbox , with a few changes to get more airspace , NO loss of legroom .

I appreciate everyones' patience on this , I am also very busy with the turbo kits!

I will be able to produce 3 boxes next week.
been following the Turbo kit. looking good!!!

that'll be next after the audio.

Just got back from my cousin's shop , My molds are almost ready to go again , it looks like we are on track!

OK people , I want to make a list of people who are interested here is how it goes:

1) ryu

2) frank spano

3) valeno

4) kane

5) redshift

6) godfather05

7) joboo

8) nsxramr1

*** THESE are just those who have expressed their desire for a sub box , feel free to add / remove your name.

Ok , this is the first box out of the mold , no hole cut yet (I can cut it any size you want up to 10" , internal volume is just shy of .5 cu ft.

These will go for $425 . pm me for deals on shipping and special requests.

Attachments

• newsubbox2.jpg
    newsubbox2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 662
  • newsubbox3.jpg
    newsubbox3.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 691
  • newsubbox1.jpg
    newsubbox1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 702

I don't have the ability to do this right now seeing as the box pictured already sold , I can tell you that it sits exactly like the V3 box . I will place the next one in my car and take a photo though - probably in a few days.

Back