• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit !

Angus I'd just like to say that you're my hero. I've been watching this thread like a little kid staring in the window of the store at the item he can't have. :tongue:

hell yeah thanks to angus for affordable turbo kit. I would run his air to air intercooler set up if I only want around 400whp but my goal is 500wph so I think water to air is beter for me.

That is exactly what I was thinking off...running lines shouldn't be a problem.

Angus, I wasn't knocking your idea...but I had a front mount on my old car and was just worried about road debris denting the sh*t out off the cooler.

Man I want this setup...now :biggrin: I can't sleep at night contemplating if I should go through the hassle of removing my ctsc and finding a stock intank manifold...

If you really want to do it , PM me and we can talk...

Alittleboost, I would definately go with the Angus turbo. I was contiplating going FI for over 2 years. I was undecided about a supercharger or turbo. Spoke with many prime members. The I saw the kit that Wil made (ANGUS). For me this kit made the most sense, he will ship it to me. I don't have to ship my car to any other state. And the price was in my budget.So far I am very pleased with the quality and the fitment of this kit. I should have it completed in a couple of months. Hope this helps a little with your purchase. Frank

I just wanted to clarify for everyone , the kit for $6000 is a 100% COMPLETE bolt on kit (this means you do not need to weld or fab anything) WITH AEM FIC and injectors.

The kit is $6750 with intercooler .

I just wanted to clarify for everyone , the kit for $6000 is a 100% COMPLETE bolt on kit (this means you do not need to weld or fab anything) WITH AEM FIC and injectors.

The kit is $6750 with intercooler .

So your saying that no one would have to weld an oil line tap on there oil pan? It's included in the $6k?

You mentioned earlier that you did not include a BOV... is it included now?? How would someone add this without haveng to weld the flange on?? Are you saying a complete kit doesnt need a BOV?

What would someone have to do to pass emmissions with no place to add a cat if they needed to... I mean I guess you could cut the header???

At what boost level does the stock FPR and fuel pump run out of gas? Or at what boost level is this kit no longer complete because of this?

How are you controling the boost with an FIC and no boost controller or EMS??? Is a boost controler included in the $6k complete kit?

Is it safe to run a turbo set up with no wideband??? especially on a stock motor????

What brand wastegate are you using??? sorry but it's not tial or its been used alot since all tial WG's have tial engraved on the top... are different springs readily available???

So your saying that no one would have to weld an oil line tap on there oil pan? It's included in the $6k?

You mentioned earlier that you did not include a BOV... is it included now?? How would someone add this without haveng to weld the flange on?? Are you saying a complete kit doesnt need a BOV?

What would someone have to do to pass emmissions with no place to add a cat if they needed to... I mean I guess you could cut the header???

At what boost level does the stock FPR and fuel pump run out of gas? Or at what boost level is this kit no longer complete because of this?

How are you controling the boost with an FIC and no boost controller or EMS??? Is a boost controler included in the $6k complete kit?

Is it safe to run a turbo set up with no wideband??? especially on a stock motor????

What brand wastegate are you using??? sorry but it's not tial or its been used alot since all tial WG's have tial engraved on the top... are different springs readily available???

Your questions are answered here:

1) "So your saying that no one would have to weld an oil line tap on there oil pan? It's included in the $6k?"

- You are correct , there is no need to weld on to the pan .

2) You mentioned earlier that you did not include a BOV... is it included now?? How would someone add this without haveng to weld the flange on?? Are you saying a complete kit doesnt need a BOV?

- The BOV is a personal choice , as stated , I have flanges for Tial , HKS and GReddy and can supply these welded on as requested . Not only this (and I do not wish to get into a debate over it) but many factory turbo cars do not use a BOV , if you were to run only 5psi no harm would come of it.

3) What would someone have to do to pass emmissions with no place to add a cat if they needed to... I mean I guess you could cut the header???

- Actually , I have never made any claims that my system would pass emissions , I suppose it would be pretty easy to add a cat , just the way you did , yet it may still not pass due to other "components" , also I'm sure you were kidding about cutting the header , as this would certainly not work.

4) At what boost level does the stock FPR and fuel pump run out of gas? Or at what boost level is this kit no longer complete because of this?

- If you are using EMS or FIC with larger injectors (440-550cc) you will not see the stock pump drop in pressure until over 400hp - even higher if you run methanol injection.

5) How are you controling the boost with an FIC and no boost controller or EMS??? Is a boost controler included in the $6k complete kit?

- Why would you need a boost controller? Boost is controlled by the spring in the wastegate , just like every other turbo kit out there. Boost controllers are only needed if you would like to switch back and forth between high and low boost.

6) Is it safe to run a turbo set up with no wideband??? especially on a stock motor????

- A wideband is always recommended , some people do not want one , and in this case the best we can do is initially set up the car with the wideband

7) What brand wastegate are you using??? sorry but it's not tial or its been used alot since all tial WG's have tial engraved on the top... are different springs readily available???

- Sorry , but I never said it was a tial the wastegate is a proprietary unit that we have made for us , it uses the same footprint as a tial 46 , but has higher valve lift , it uses STANDARD tial springs. You could use a tial to raise the cost, but the flow would be reduced.

I have been building Honda turbo kits since 1997 and my NSX kit has been in development for over two years

Wil

Last edited:

I like how you handled this guy, who clearly has a motive to bash, and no intension on purchasing your product.

Looking forward for Frank to get his done so I can check it out, and order myself one.

My turbo kits on the way from Angus (Wil) just got in the AEM unit and harness. New Volks are mounted in anticipation of the HP increase.

I will be taking pictures through-out the install

Rich

Thanks for all your support guys!

No problem Wil. You created a great product and the most affordable kit on the market currently. Im not that knowledgable about the mechanics of the turbo kit, I like the fact of your clean turbo set up. All of the parts are hidden under the engine cover very stealth. Even your air/air intercooler is hidden under the car, even though I went a different route with my intercooler set up.

WIL, also I am going to talk to my tuner this morning after work, probably around 12 east coast time. I will call you when I get there. Keep up the good work. Thanks, Frank

Bashing another competitor is un-cool. That was un-called for...:frown:

Just picked up my exhaust from the polisher today. It looks unbeleivable.:biggrin: The "y"-pipe is getting picked up Tuesday from the ceramic coater, and Dave should have my oil tank shipped out sometime next week. Hopefully by 2 weeks the car will start having the turbo kit installed permanently. Frank

I know you touched on this on a previous post, but how would i make this kit legitimate for emissions? i live in arizona, and they arent too strict, im pretty sure i would be able to pass emissions if i had a catalytic converter, what would you recommend i do?

also, on your setup, will the turbo sit slightly above the oilpan? the reason i ask is because i am curious to see how the oil drain will be connected... what would you recommend, tapping the oilpan or do you have a better solution.. the reason im asking is because when you replied to STMPO's post you stated that you dont have to tap the oilpan...

lastly, can you pm me a price for just the y-pipe, turbo inlet pipe, and downpipe.....

i already have 3 inch aluminium piping for the compressor side, a water to air intercooler, injectors, ecu, turbo, and i will eventually purchase the wastegate and recirc valve when i get closer to installing it...

thanks much.. your hardware looks very high quality

I know you touched on this on a previous post, but how would i make this kit legitimate for emissions? i live in arizona, and they arent too strict, im pretty sure i would be able to pass emissions if i had a catalytic converter, what would you recommend i do?

also, on your setup, will the turbo sit slightly above the oilpan? the reason i ask is because i am curious to see how the oil drain will be connected... what would you recommend, tapping the oilpan or do you have a better solution.. the reason im asking is because when you replied to STMPO's post you stated that you dont have to tap the oilpan...

lastly, can you pm me a price for just the y-pipe, turbo inlet pipe, and downpipe.....

i already have 3 inch aluminium piping for the compressor side, a water to air intercooler, injectors, ecu, turbo, and i will eventually purchase the wastegate and recirc valve when i get closer to installing it...

All turbo kits need to tap or weld on oil pan to for oil return line.

First , thanks for the compliment , it is much appreciated .

As for your emissions question , you could easily add a cat to the system after the turbo , that is how I believe sos has done on one of their cars and it would not be very difficult to accomplish , so long as your test is only a "sniff" test .

I can pm you the prices for the Y-pipe , and air intake setup , there is no "downpipe" per se , as the exhaust itself connects directly to the turbo .

What it looks like you need is :

- Y-pipe

- wastegate dump tube (wastegate flanges are integrated into the Y-pipe)

- Mounting cradle and hardware

- Exhaust system ( you could use a cat in place of this to "pass" emissions , then swap the muffler on , this would take only minutes)

- Air intake setup ( piping , hardware , clamps , filter)

- Oil scavenge system , this also answers your question about what to do on the drain side.

As far as the oil pan , I use the same method to tap the pan as a number of other reputable kits out there , which does not require welding.

let me know if you have any other questions

Wil

sounds great. Can you pm me with the prices for the hardware you listed above that I would need.

Thanks

sounds great. Can you pm me with the prices for the hardware you listed above that I would need.

Thanks

I pm'd you and if you would like I can call you back if you leave me your #

thanks
Wil

Last edited:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
My God! that exhaust it's impressive.

Everything it's so clean, so shiny!!!.............. Looks great Wil.

Proud to have your turbokit.:biggrin:

Wil, very nice. :biggrin: I love that exhaust. Will it sound higher pitched than the magnaflow? I wish I didn't get my magnaflow polished, I would have purchased one of these mufflers. Maybe down the road. Frank

Pictures look great.
Can you PM me the price for the Y-pipe and the oil return system.
Does the Y-pipe come coated or is that extra?

Thanks
Rahim

Back