• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit

Is there any dimunition in accuracy of that o2 sensor when it is installed after the muffler, so far downstream of the headers?

This is the wideband sensor for the UEGO gauge.

The sensor will be just as accurate no matter where you place it , for dyno , it is common to put the sensor that is attached to the dyno in a tube which is placed in one of the exhaust tips.

One thing is that the sensor will last longer the futher it is from heat.

I took my friend for a ride on the freeway yesterday.

When the turbo spooled up he said "I don't know if I like that sound!"
"what, the turbo? Why not?!"
"It sounds like the body panels are going to just rip right off the side of the car!"

As if we were going supersonic speeds haha

This is the wideband sensor for the UEGO gauge.

The sensor will be just as accurate no matter where you place it , for dyno , it is common to put the sensor that is attached to the dyno in a tube which is placed in one of the exhaust tips.

One thing is that the sensor will last longer the futher it is from heat.
I've got much less practical knowledge than you but i've always read the O2 (wideband or regular) should always be as close but after the collector as possible. In this case right after the turbo? Is that true?

I've got much less practical knowledge than you but i've always read the O2 (wideband or regular) should always be as close but after the collector as possible. In this case right after the turbo? Is that true?

"Mount the O2 sensor in the
exhaust system at least 18 inches downstream from the exhaust port. If you anticipate
high EGT's (over 800C), run a turbocharger, run at high RPM for extended periods of
time or plan on running leaded race fuel then you must mount the sensor at least 36
inches or more downstream of the exhaust port as all of these can cause the sensor to
overheat. On turbocharged engines the UEGO sensor must be installed after the
turbo charger, if not, the pressure differential will greatly affect the accuracy of
the unit. For accurate readings, the sensor must be mounted before catalytic
converters and/or auxiliary air pumps."

Thanks for posting that cozmo! As long as you do not have any exhaust leaks diluting the "sample" , it does not affect the accuracy of the sensor to mount it further downstream.

How much room is left from the turbo to the frame? Will a s366 or s366xl turbo work on this manifold? I have 91 sway bar what sway bar should I get? Also it requires 95+ headers correct? Can I purchase the Y pipe+ brace + oil return kit seperate? Thanks

How much room is left from the turbo to the frame? Will a s366 or s366xl turbo work on this manifold? I have 91 sway bar what sway bar should I get? Also it requires 95+ headers correct? Can I purchase the Y pipe+ brace + oil return kit seperate? Thanks

The turbo has very little (less than 1 inch) to the frame . Any T-4 turbo will fit , although I am not sure what you are looking for in terms of performance , as I have said before , this turbo is the result of countless dyno hours with many different wheel / housing combos , it suits the NSX motor perfectly.

It does require 95-99 or 00-05 headers (I have 2 Y-pipes) and any '95-up style sway bar.

I do offer parts individually , pm me and I wil get you what you need.

Can I use the dali 1" sway bar with this set up? Do you make a T4 divided Y pipe? with dual 44 or 38mm wastegate? If 38mm the new tial Vband 38mm.

Thanks

Can I use the dali 1" sway bar with this set up? Do you make a T4 divided Y pipe? with dual 44 or 38mm wastegate? If 38mm the new tial Vband 38mm.

Thanks

Yes , the dali sway will work .

As far as a custom Y-pipe is concerned , I can fabricate anything you would like - it will cost more and take longer and I think that in the end you will only have marginally better performance at a higher cost and more chance of having reliability issues. I have built this kit the way it is to keep it simple YET effective , of course there are 100 other ways it could have been done but I have to consider many factors including:

- reliability
- ease of install
- parts availability
- complexity

- and cost just to name a few .

As I said , I could make just about anything - do I think it will make more power? - Maybe- Will the additional cost be justified? - you have to decide that.

Wil

I would also like to add to Wil's list that you will also recieve the kit when payment is made. You will not recieve the kit in bits and pieces, nor will he forget to ship you any necassery parts for instalation. Not like another vendor out there. It's a no brainer, price is right, kits quality is top notch, If I had to do it all over again I would make the same choice. Frank

+1 . "That Vendor" is not answering my call and not replying my email for more than a week now.:frown:

Too bad you can't just get a full refund and get Wil's kit. You'd probably have it all installed and running much sooner. I feel bad seeing that other thread unfold. I can imagine how angry you must be.

It looks like that may just happen , stay tuned.

Thanks, when the time comes I will let you know exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks again

No problem , I will be here when you are ready.

I'm curious as to how many of these kits have been sold/installed to date? I know the NSX community represent a small group in total and even less who want to go this route of modification. I'm currently on the hunt for a replacement NSX for my 91 Silver which I sold for current Porsche C4S.

Thanks.

I'm curious as to how many of these kits have been sold/installed to date? I know the NSX community represent a small group in total and even less who want to go this route of modification. I'm currently on the hunt for a replacement NSX for my 91 Silver which I sold for current Porsche C4S.

Thanks.

Cozmo is #16 .

Does your kit fit on SOS Headers?

Bryan

Absolutely . This kit will fit any car using 95-up style headers , I have two Y-pipes , 95-99 and 00-05.

I am have a 91-94 Headers on my 92, I would need to get adapters then right?

Bryan

I thought you had the SOS headers , I'm pretty sure those are just 95-99 style but they use adapters to fit 91-94 - in that case you just remove the adapters to install my kit.

The current kit that I am offering consists of:

- Y- pipe with factory interface flanges this Y-pipe has been very well tested and proven to stand the test of time.
- Garrett T-67 turbocharger - good for over 700HP
- Tial 50mm BOV
- 46mm billet wastegate
- 2 piece wastegate dump tube
- Highest quality OEM style hardware throughout
- Highest quality silicone couplers - available in 3 colors
- Stainless clamps for charge pipes
- Stainless steel (T304) Charge pipes - bead rolled to pervent them blowing off.
- High mounted air intake system with AFE air filter - reduces contamination.
- Oil scavenge system - includes an oil pump which is easily as reliable as your OEM fuel pump and allows simplified layout of turbo components.
- Custom mounting cradle makes installaton a snap.
- Magnaflow exhaust system (standard)
- Borla exhaust system (optional)
- Intercooler upgrde kit , this includes the necessary piping , clamps , silicone couplers and brackets etc.
- I can provide base maps for FIC and EMS , but local dyno tuning should be performed.

I offer at least three options for engine management , please contact me to discuss them.

Current kit pricing $5795 !
I will also offer special discount pricing on any accessories ordered with a kit.

Hi Wil.

As you already know, I have your current exhaust system on the car and absolutely love it. I'm really on the fence to push some real power into this car, however - here are a couple questions I have.

1. I would prefer to have the dual canister setup on this turbo kit/system - and preferrably, polished canisters. Is this possible while still maintaining a low throaty rich sound without rasp?

2. How much boost can this system safely do with the 3.2 V6? I'm thinking 5 or 6, but wanted clarification.

3. How much boost can this kit handle (assuming the motor is properly built to handle it)

4. Would you be willing to offer a price break to those who have already purchased your exhaust system for the NA application - as we are essentially repeat customers? :)

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Wil.

As you already know, I have your current exhaust system on the car and absolutely love it. I'm really on the fence to push some real power into this car, however - here are a couple questions I have.

1. I would prefer to have the dual canister setup on this turbo kit/system - and preferrably, polished canisters. Is this possible while still maintaining a low throaty rich sound without rasp?

2. How much boost can this system safely do with the 3.2 V6? I'm thinking 5 or 6, but wanted clarification.

3. How much boost can this kit handle (assuming the motor is properly built to handle it)

4. Would you be willing to offer a price break to those who have already purchased your exhaust system for the NA application - as we are essentially repeat customers? :)

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Steve , to answer your questions:

1. - The two exhaust systems currently offered are the Magnaflow and the Borla , the twin cannister is an experimental system that quite frankly is WAY too loud for street driving . I may decide in future to design something with twin cannisters but that is only a thought and it would be based mainly on demand.

2. - My system has ben run on a stock 3.2 (RichM) @ 9psi , producing 475whp

3. - With a built motor it will make in excess of 700hp

4. - If you purchase the turbo kit and management from me , I am willing to offer a discount for repeat customers , keep in mind you can easily sell your used exhaust for a repectable amount - AND - my kit is already $$$$ less than others' .

I'm gonna see if I can get a quick video slapped together this weekend so people can hear what it sounds like inside the car as well as the borla muffler in a non-dyno situation.

Back