• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Parts just showed up. Thanks again Wil. Tuning is booked for Monday 3:00 at Mase's all are welcome to come. I'm shooting for the first 700rwhp stock block NSX. Don't worry, I put mothballs in the gas tank.

parts just showed up. Thanks again wil. Tuning is booked for monday 3:00 at mase's all are welcome to come. I'm shooting for the first 700rwhp stock block nsx. Don't worry, i put mothballs in the gas tank.

Good luck with the tuning. I'm flying out of town Monday for a few days on business. Take lots of vid's.

Parts just showed up. Thanks again Wil. Tuning is booked for Monday 3:00 at Mase's all are welcome to come. I'm shooting for the first 700rwhp stock block NSX. Don't worry, I put mothballs in the gas tank.

700 RWHP on stock block???............:eek:

Wil, the turbo you supplied in the kit could handle 750RWHP on a built engine??

How long is the tune supposed to take?

Takes us 1.5 - 2.5 hrs to do here (since we have done a lot of them) - longest I would think is 3-4 hrs unless there are issues.

At 3.5 psi it made 315rwhp. Unfortunately thats all the wastegate spring would hold.

Jacksonville is probably the only major city in the US without a Manual boost controller on the shelf. Naturaly Mase has some coming in tomorrow. So, I will be revisting on Thursday to try again.

Wow, Nice base number to start with! If you end up happy with your tuner I may make the trip up from Sarasota to do my tune. My turbo is currently in the hands of FedEx. Let me know what boost controller you went with as I am sure to need one.

At 3.5 psi it made 315rwhp. Unfortunately thats all the wastegate spring would hold.

Jacksonville is probably the only major city in the US without a Manual boost controller on the shelf. Naturaly Mase has some coming in tomorrow. So, I will be revisting on Thursday to try again.

Figures, I should have put in a blue spring...

Let me know what happens.

Figures, I should have put in a blue spring...

Let me know what happens.

Haha, actually I should have gotten a MBC weeks ago. I'll post the full run down once I'm done with the tune.

KooKoo4NSX,
Any MBC will work. They are pretty simple and most are the ball and spring type. The only down side is they don't compensate for changes in air temp or alt, etc... I can easily recommend Mase for tuning. He's a great guy, very laid back and is a world class tuner. Many people have paid to have him fly around the world to tune their cars. I'm lucky to have him nearby. Though our tune is very simple and any decent tuner can handle it.

I just came back to the hotel after visiting Wil in his shop.
First of all, I would like to say thanks to Wil for taking the time to show me the system on his car and taking the time to take me on a ride in his car. The "push" in a turbo'd NSX is insane, I can't imagine what it would be like with more hp than he's got.
The system and installation look's almost OEM, for anyone who don't know the NSX, it would be hard to tell anything has been done to the car.
Thumbs up for a great guy, thanks again Wil. I will be looking forwad to getting you're turbo system on my car back home in Norway.

A_J I like your taste in vehicles, I have a NSX and a T5 S40 volvo :biggrin:

Wil was super helpful talking me thru my options for a replacement clutch. Unfortunately I didnt have the funds to pick up one off him but was able to steer me away from a potentially bad purchase.

Thanks for all your recent help with the purchase of all the accesories im going to need for your turbo kit in december. Im going to make it happen this year:smile:

I have been wanting to go FI for a while now and decided
Wils system was best for my me.
I went with the same set up RichM has pretty much down
to the tee. lol Oh yea some big power but still safe with Meth
(lol as long as i can find a good tuner) I got SOS billet twin
carbon clutch to hold the power.
Cant wait to get started haha not really, well im looking
foward to driving a 450hp nsx.

Just want to say great Wils customer service has
been. Thx. :biggrin:

Ste

When I design my exhaust setup this Christmas for Wills turbo kit I want to do a straight pipe right off the turbo. Ideally I want dual 3 inch tips center exit with the taitec rear diffuser.

Does anybody have any sounds clips or videos with Wills turbo kit and a straight exhaust??

Thanks

Blaine

When I design my exhaust setup this Christmas for Wills turbo kit I want to do a straight pipe right off the turbo. Ideally I want dual 3 inch tips center exit with the taitec rear diffuser.

Does anybody have any sounds clips or videos with Wills turbo kit and a straight exhaust??

Thanks

Blaine

Here you go Blaine, this is a 3" straight pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwr7R1-TTNw

Back