• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X OBDII resonated test pipes and Hi-Flow cats

OK folks, I have finally had some time to get these right, I have built these on a one off basis in the past but have now settled on a design for resonated test pipes and hi-flow cats for OBDII cars ('95-99) and cars that are using the 95-up style headers, these replace the OEM cats and restrictive adapter elbow (on '95-'96 cars) with a one piece stainless steel part.

The resonated test pipe gives a great sound that is not as harsh and without the raspy tone that is usually found when using test pipes, it does also quiet the sound to some extent, I have run these on local N/A and S/C cars for quite some time now with great results.

Resonated test pipes for '95-'99 cars (and those using '95-up style headers):

- Available in 2.25" and 2.5" pipe size

- Eliminate the need for adapter pipes on 97-99 cars when going to aftermarket exhaust and also replaces the restrictive adapter elbow on 95-96 cars (saves $ and less joints to leak)

- Direct bolt-on with all factory hanger points.

- 100% T304 stainless steel tig welded design

- Straight through perforated core resonators allow test pipes to be used without the raspy tone associated with straight testpipes

- Includes "J" pipes installed on each bank to 100% eliminate check engine lights.

- $399

Hi flow cats:

- Uses the same construction as test pipes.

- Same stainless steel construction with tig welding.

- Offered in 100 and 300 cell cores

- Price starts at $499 -

I will have 91-94 style cats and test pipes soon too.

Attachments

• IMG_3360.jpg
    IMG_3360.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,348
  • IMG_3357.jpg
    IMG_3357.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,300
Last edited:
Re: New product! AP-X OBDII resonated test pipes and Hi-Flow cats!

Forgot to point out that the test pipes eliminate the need for adapter pipes on 97-99 cars when going to aftermarket exhaust and also replaces the restrictive adapter elbow on 95-96 cars.

First set of these will be going out to a member in Hongkong - I hope to get some feedback on how it tames his currrent exhaust system.

here is the set that is going out to HK!

IMG-20110222-00019.jpg

Any chance we can here a sound clip of the :

AP-X Exhaust with stock cats VS. AP-X Exhaust with the HFC's?

There will be soon - PM me if you want to get a special deal on these for making some videos.

Second set of resonated test pipes are off to QPDO, I really am anxious to see and hear the video clips!

Last edited:

Second set of resonated test pipes are off to QPDO, I really am anxious to see and hear the video clips!

Thanks Wil! It's going to be such a tease to bolt these up with the AP-X exhaust and not be able to turn over the car for another couple months. I hate Alberta.

(Comptech Headers) + (AP-X Resonated Test Pipes) + (AP-X Exhaust) = One hell of a good sounding NSX.

QPDO

Wil, can you make a set for a 2000? (Currently running Top Speed NA2 headers, OEM cats, Tubi exhaust - ie 91 style with adapters)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Topspeed only make 2 headers - 91-94 & 95-2005? Which means since I'm running their 95+ header & 91 style exhaust. These test pipes 95-99 should fit. ????

Last edited:
possibly a stupid question, but what changed on the 00-05 cars vs the older OBDII cars? Is there any way for this to fit on an 02?

Cats changed I believe in 2002. My 2000 has the ones on the right.

4.jpg

And the exhaust are per....

NSX+exhausts.gif

Last edited:
I'll have to get under my car this weekend to confirm, but I feel like the couplings were weren't angled on my cats either (similar to the ones on the right)...

I think (but not positive) it was changed sometime during the middle of the 02 production run.

Wil, can you make a set for a 2000? (Currently running Top Speed NA2 headers, OEM cats, Tubi exhaust - ie 91 style with adapters)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Topspeed only make 2 headers - 91-94 & 95-2005? Which means since I'm running their 95+ header & 91 style exhaust. These test pipes 95-99 should fit. ????

If you are running the topspeed headers, these test pipes will bolt right up - they also eliminate the need for the elbow after the cat which is nice.

okay i checked and you guys were right, i definitely have the LEV cats shown on the left.

So, no options for cars with LEV cats?

I am working on it but I need to see some more interest to do them, if you want a set please contact me by PM or email and I will see what I can do.

Thanks!

Does the angle on the LEV cats cause it to be lower emissions? Is that why they call it LEV? :confused:

Does the angle on the LEV cats cause it to be lower emissions? Is that why they call it LEV? :confused:

They are angled because the cores are larger so they need the angle to fit.

So there is no application for 2002+ owners?

I would love to get some more throatiness out of my NSX but don't want any CEL or other issues.

I am running stock headers, stock cat, and just a bolt on GTone5.1 exhaust.

So there is no application for 2002+ owners?

I would love to get some more throatiness out of my NSX but don't want any CEL or other issues.

I am running stock headers, stock cat, and just a bolt on GTone5.1 exhaust.

OK - I will build these 00-05 resonated test pipes, I need someone to send me their 00-05 cats, the first person to do so will get a discount!

Thanks guys!

OK - I will build these 00-05 resonated test pipes, I need someone to send me their 00-05 cats, the first person to do so will get a discount!

Thanks guys!

I rarely drive my car so I may be able to send you my cats. Don't you have a 2002+ car?

Back